Seems like Desperation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Perhaps, but then why draft him if he never had a chance to start? Was Tom Brady drafted in the 4th round as a backup only? Drafting QB's is a roll-the-dice proposition. We rolled the dice. We will see what happens.

Brady was 6th round and nobody thought he would be who he is today or he wouldn't of been passed by every team..
I think when Mannion was drafted we didn't have much else so they liked him. But with Goff in the mix Mannion is on the back burner.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Perhaps, but then why draft him if he never had a chance to start? Was Tom Brady drafted in the 4th round as a backup only? Drafting QB's is a roll-the-dice proposition. We rolled the dice. We will see what happens.
Yes he was drafted in the 6th round to be a backup to a solid franchise QB that the Patriots had in Drew Bledsoe. The only reason Brady is the famous QB that he is now was Drew getting hurt. Otherwise we may never know the name Tom Brady. Mannion may have been drafted with a possibility to start in the future but a year after his draft they saw something better and shinier and took it thus relegating Mannion to the backup role for his future.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Said before and I'll say again, Mannion won't be developed here. At all. Period.

By the time Goff's situation is sorted out, the Rams will have lost Keenum as he's almost certainly gone after this season and there's no chance Mannion will stay past when he has to unless he's injured or has just abysmal outings which is unlikely since I think it would tall take an injury to Hekker for Mannion to throw a pass in a real game.

Goff's the guy. No question.

But this BS fiasco demonstrates that when it comes to QBs, Fisher doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground.

Broken scheme, no development, idiotic rep allocation... I could go on, but I used up all my negativity for the week in just this one post... Woooosaaaah.
I think we could say that all of the QBs here will suffer the fate of not being developed. That said I hope Goff works out. I really do. He was fun to watch at Cal and if he can bring that level of excitement to LA then that would be awesome.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brady was 6th round and nobody thought he would be who he is today or he wouldn't of been passed by every team..
I think when Mannion was drafted we didn't have much else so they liked him. But with Goff in the mix Mannion is on the back burner.
I stand corrected, 6th round. Apologies.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I hate to even say this but outside of Gurley. Who is incredibly gifted and great to begin with. Who on offense has this coaching staff developed at all? I guess overall they haven't done a bad job with RB's but after that who is better now than when they arrived by any significant amount? I look at the OL, TE's, WR's and I don't see one guy who steps up and makes a consistently positive impact on the game. Fisher knows his shit on D but on O he is clueless and in total denial of his own shortcoming.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
CALL ME STUPID, BUT!! I don't see all this Panic Because we Lost the 1st game of the Season! Worry, OK! But!! How long have you been watching Football!?! Teams have gotten Wiped out in their Season opener and Turned things around before!! CHILL-OUT!!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm used to "the sky is falling" attitude, but some of you are acting like the sky fell, then the universe collapsed...

Quit being so damn concerned about the things you cannot change, worrying about things that haven't happened and more than anything else, please quit acting like our Coaches and mgmt don't know what they are doing but you do.... it's just stupid.

We might have a tough year. Some lost pieces on defense, a rookie QB, a tough road schedule and all of this after moving... it could be another losing season... but so what!!!
Youre all RAMS fans, right? Or is that dependent on the team validating all of your hopes and dreams of being magically better because they play in LA now?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'll be full of cautious optimism come game time.

That said, it wasn't even that we got blown out. When we blew out the Raiders, you could tell they weren't 52-0 bad and they beat the Chiefs the next week, iirc. Everything just seemed to flow our way in that game and in this league, even for our Rams, when that happens, you're gonna stomp somebody.

That's not what happened on Monday night. Monday night was a display in
Microcosm of all that's wrong with Fisher: inconsistency, lack of discipline, poor game planning, inadequate in game adjustment esp. on O, and a broken Offensive scheme that truly plagues this team and holds back the talent it does have (and will have on Goff).

Monday night was a belligerent mess that should have been a fireable offense. Instead, we're fans of the ONLY team in the NFL that will reward that nonsense with a 3 year extension...sure, they want to wash the stink off with a win or at least a solid effort at Seattle before announcing it, but doggone...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm used to "the sky is falling" attitude, but some of you are acting like the sky fell, then the universe collapsed...

Quit being so damn concerned about the things you cannot change, worrying about things that haven't happened and more than anything else, please quit acting like our Coaches and mgmt don't know what they are doing but you do.... it's just stupid.

We might have a tough year. Some lost pieces on defense, a rookie QB, a tough road schedule and all of this after moving... it could be another losing season... but so what!!!
Youre all RAMS fans, right? Or is that dependent on the team validating all of your hopes and dreams of being magically better because they play in LA now?

One can be a Rams fan and not acquiesce to mediocrity...or worse...

It's perfectly acceptable to hold expectations that one's favorite team will perform to a certain standard.

I still cheer for the Horns. ALWAYS WILL.

I will never accept this nonsense, this less than mediocre product. But that's me.

To each their own.

To the Rams!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion should have never been the #2 QB. Nothing desperate about this.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
One can be a Rams fan and not acquiesce to mediocrity...or worse...

It's perfectly acceptable to hold expectations that one's favorite team will perform to a certain standard.

I still cheer for the Horns. ALWAYS WILL.

I will never accept this nonsense, this less than mediocre product. But that's me.

To each their own.

To the Rams!

Of course everyone has the right to be whatever kind of fan they wish to be.
But this forum has certain standards and rules that have been ignored for a week.
What does it mean to "not accept" mediocrity? Unless this is someone's first season as a fan of this team, then they not only accept mediocrity, they accept it over and over again...

I am fucking sick of pages full of negative threads that are crammed full of countless repetitive whining.
We lost. It sucks. But for fucks sake we have 15 games left to play and why everyone seems to have forgotten how quickly things can change is beyond my ability to grasp.

But that's just me... an unsatisfied and disenfranchised fan from the show me state.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't get why people think Mannion was screwed over some how. Keenum was always the starter unless Goff was ready. That hasn't changed. Goff was not drafted #1 to sit behind Mannion. Period.
I think Mannion looking pretty good against 3-4th stringers in the preseason is a little misleading.
He was never going to start..

Goff looked terrible against 3 and 4th stringers though, nobody is doubting that Goff is the future even though I'm not sold on him i understand the reality of the situation, but at this point Manniom is the better option of the 2

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
the guy that couldn't fight his way onto the field at last year vs Foles/Keenum

Come on man. You know Fisher regularly holds guys back that are ready in favor of playing the vets. He does it every year. Remember Zac Stacy's coming on his rookie year? That's just one example.

It's the same type of deal this time. It just involves a couple first round draft picks and a vet. So, imo, Mannion may be getting screwed. But so long as we win who cares. But we may not ever see how good Mannion is in the regular season if he gets pushed down the depth chart like this.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on man. You know Fisher regularly holds guys back that are ready in favor of playing the vets. He does it every year. Remember Zac Stacy's coming on his rookie year? That's just one example.

It's the same type of deal this time. It just involves a couple first round draft picks and a vet. So, imo, Mannion may be getting screwed. But so long as we win who cares. But we may not ever see how good Mannion is in the regular season if he gets pushed down the depth chart like this.
Umm, no. Sean Mannion was a 3rd rounder...I want not only the best guy to play, but the guy with a future as a franchise QB in the league. We would not have drafted Goff if the talent evaluators though Mannion was that guy..Why would they give up what they did for Goff, if they thought Mannion was? For whatever reason, whatever they saw in the development of Sean Mannion, wasn't enough, hence my comment that he can't fight his way onto the field.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Sean Mannion was a 3rd rounder

I know he was, I was referring to the cost it took to draft Goff.

whatever they saw in the development of Sean Mannion, wasn't enough, hence my comment that he can't fight his way onto the field.

That's true. But also, make a splash to drum up more interest for the year back in LA. I'm not saying he wasn't the right choice, we won't know that for a couple of years (most likely). You'd have to be naive to think more goes on in the background that what we are told, ESPECIALLY with Fisher. Dude stone face lies to the media about personnel decisions, just to keep an edge. Not that it works.