Secret Superstars: Week 13

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jo-Lonn Dunbar — LB, St. Louis Rams

With the St. Louis Rams and San Francisco 49ers nearly playing out a tie for the second time in four weeks, the Rams got a strong performance from linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar. An undrafted free agent back in 2008, Dunbar looked downright abysmal for much of his final season in New Orleans last year. In his first season as a member of the Rams he’s had his blips, with the Week 4 performance against Seattle the low point of the year so far, but overall has looked much better.

In Sunday’s game against the 49ers, he went beyond just looking better, with his second-highest graded performance of the season. He was tested four times in coverage by quarterback Colin Kaepernick and, while he gave up three receptions, none went for anymore than 11 yards. As a pass rusher he saw 12 snaps, producing a sack and a hurry to give him a Pass Rushing Productivity (PRP) Rating of 14.6. It was against the run that he impressed the most however, with a Run Stop Percentage of 16.1%. That was the highest among players at his position, with all five of his solo tackles resulting in defensive stops.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... s-week-13/

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I like Dunbar, I thought he's played well this year. He has some big hits, which has fired up the defense. He plays with a smile on his face and with a level of fierceness. He kind of reminds me of London Fletcher that way. He's also fairly young. I'd want to keep him around for a while.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Agreed. His current deal keeps him here one more year @ 1.3 mil (without incentives). Not bad at all for how he has played. I would not be surprised to see Demoff restructure him and add a year or 2. He has earned it so far. Then we can focus on getting the final stud LB and a safety or 2 in the draft. Man, this defense could be downright scurry next season. Love it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Must have been that extra Red Bull he downed before game time.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Selassie I said:
Must have been that extra Red Bull he downed before game time.

Seriously. Dude is like a crack fiend with those. But hey, if it makes players play like that then maybe they should all ne throwing back two big red bulls and a redline.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
He has been impressive of late. He was pretty dreadful for the first few games though. Hopefully he closes out the year as a plus player. I would like to see a bit more consistency before we consider him a building block of this defense for years to come. Nevertheless he was a good signing. If we draft another OLB early and sign a FA safety like Jairus Byrd this defense will be scary good.