SEC Championship Game Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
It's probably more cathartic than anything at the moment, but screw DGB. The Tigers have had to walk a razor thin line all season because they don't have any gamebreakers on offense. Who knows what this team would look like with a reliable receiver that Mauk could throw the ball out short and wide or downfield?

FRO

Legend
Anybody else like what they have seen out of Sims? Yes he is surrounded by talent and is a day 3 QB, but just solid.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anybody else like what they have seen out of Sims? Yes he is surrounded by talent and is a day 3 QB, but just solid.

He's not perfect but I'd take a shot on developing him as a late round pick because of how athletic he is and his arm strength.

Troy Smith and Seneca Wallace both were solid enough backups for a time. Sims might be able to be that...especially with his feet.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Ohhhhh IDK, IMO, Roscoe Conkling "Fatty" Arbuckle could play QB at Alabama!

Athos

Legend
Bama QBs are smoke and mirrors. Smoke and mirrors. Even, bless his soul, Mauk would look decent on Bama with Cooper to throw to and Yeldon and Henry (and pre-injury Drake) to back up in the run game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bama QBs are smoke and mirrors. Smoke and mirrors. Even, bless his soul, Mauk would look decent on Bama with Cooper to throw to and Yeldon and Henry (and pre-injury Drake) to back up in the run game.

Sims has a strong arm and great athleticism. There's no smoke and mirrors about it.

Athos

Legend
Gary is a loser.......

4th CCG blowout. Tired of his failures in this game. And tired of his faith in failed players like Mauk.

"We do what we do."

Yea, Gary. And that's getting your ass embarrassed repeatedly.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Missouri is the William Jennings Bryan of the SEC!

FRO

Legend
He's not perfect but I'd take a shot on developing him as a late round pick because of how athletic he is and his arm strength.

Troy Smith and Seneca Wallace both were solid enough backups for a time. Sims might be able to be that...especially with his feet.
I like that despite his athletic ability, that his first instinct isn't to tuck and run. He has gone through progressions. Made some decent throws. I like what I saw. Yes he is surrounded with top tier talent, but there are nice tools there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gary is a loser.......

4th CCG blowout. Tired of his failures in this game. And tired of his faith in failed players like Mauk.

"We do what we do."

Come on, dude. You guys shouldn't be here anyways. You had to recognize this would likely happen.

I must say that Landon Collins is really standing out to me in this game.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
I'm not someone who monitors recruiting, but what kind of team will the Tigers have next year? All their best players are leaving. I know that's the nature of college football, but they've gotten almost no contributions from underclassmen at DE (their bread and butter) or at receiver?

FRO

Legend
Gary is a loser.......

"We do what we do."

They need to upgrade that offensive scheme. They need some power formations. Run more of a pro system.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Gary is a loser.......

"We do what we do."

Do you think Mizzou is a better team and SHOULD be winning this game?

Athos

Legend
Come on, dude. You guys shouldn't be here anyways. You had to recognize this would likely happen.

The Tigers damn well earned their fucking trip here. They sure as hell didn't act like it, but they earned it.

Do you think Mizzou is a better team and SHOULD be winning this game?

No, but I expected a better effort. The defense flat gave up after that 3rd and 7 completion to Cooper back at the 30. I didn't expect another blow out. I thought the team had more pride in that. But Ray gets sacked for a BS penalty and the team battles back, but then folds. I didn't expect a blowout win, but I figured we'd win or lose ugly by no more than 10 points either way.

I've never been a Pinkel fan because the problem has always been, imo, a status-quo thing. He seems content with this marginal bowl games and 8-10 win seasons where we get an okay bowl for the 50th time. That's fine for okay programs, but a lot has been dumped into this program. And a 4th blowout in a CCG just can't happen.

They need to upgrade that offensive scheme. They need some power formations. Run more of a pro system.

I think we proved last year, our modified spread is fine. The problem is how much we lost on offense, then DGB being a man-child. The biggest problem I've had with Pinkel in offensive scheme, is his refusal to try and recruit a big power/speed back. Haven't had one since Derek Washington and we know what happened to him.

Thankfully, we have a St. Louis kid who's 6-6'1 215ish or so that's a RB and a 4 star I think. And sadly, our power back, Morgan Steward has had a hip injury all year and never saw game action. Disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator: