Seattle (the city) F'ing Sucks!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Just got back from 4-days in Seattle. I saw the sun once, for approximately 10 minutes, the rest of the time it was misting or raining and very cold. People aren't as friendly as I was lead to beleve, as I certainly saw my share of rudeness. And people there are all white as Ghosts, really. Doesn't the human body need Vit-D to survive? While during my one visit to a coffee shop, all I could hear people talking about was Microsoft, Microsoft, Microsoft, and oh, Starbucks.

Anyway, I wasn't impressed to say the least.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well... It IS January.

I've been to Seattle many times. The only place I ever ran into rude people was at the shecock games. Of couse I was always wearing Rams gear so....

Most of the times I have been there, the weather has been pretty good. I will admit not having been there in the dead of Winter. Of course you could pretty much draw a line just south of SF and the weather everywhere north would likely suck if you went there in late January. Our weather sucks right now too.

Did you do anything fun while you were there like go to the Experience Music Project, or have some of the world's best King Crab, do a brewery tour, or check out one of the dozen or so music venues? Last time we were there they had a Rodin exibit going at the SAM. If this was for work, I can imagine you probably didn't have time to seek out some of the cool places in Seattle. But as much as I hate the team there, I have had some great times in that city.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
interference said:
Just got back from 4-days in Seattle. I saw the sun once, for approximately 10 minutes, the rest of the time it was misting or raining and very cold. People aren't as friendly as I was lead to beleve, as I certainly saw my share of rudeness. And people there are all white as Ghosts, really. Doesn't the human body need Vit-D to survive? While during my one visit to a coffee shop, all I could hear people talking about was Microsoft, Microsoft, Microsoft, and oh, Starbucks.

First of all, January in Seattle. What were you expecting?

Secondly, you happened to be here during one of the worst 10-day weather systems I've seen since we moved here. Fog caused some of the worst air quality. It's enough to make the population surly. As for the complexion of the populous, you wonder about it while commenting on the lack of sun?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram Quixote said:
interference said:

Secondly, you happened to be here during one of the worst 10-day weather systems I've seen since we moved here. Fog caused some of the worst air quality. It's enough to make the population surly. As for the complexion of the populous, you wonder about it while commenting on the lack of sun?

Funny - maybe i'm just used to the glare coming off people's skin. :sly:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I've never been to Seattle. I'd like to make it, someday. I've not been to western Canada either.

In fact, it's been probably 10 years since I've been west of Denver.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
interference said:

It's depressing man. Unless you go during the right time of year, you likely wont catch many sun rays. People that move there do have to take vitamin D. Often times they become deficient due to the lack of sun.

I havent run into a lot of unfriendly people. Even when I was rocking the Rams gear at CenturyLink. Sorry to hear you did. I will say, however, the people there aren't nearly as friendly as what you'll typically find in the south and midwest.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You can get some Fucking FAT King Crab legs there. I still order them from Pike's Market to this day. They deliver anywhere.

The Copper River Salmon is tasty as hell too, but you can only get that once a year.

Other than that,,, you can always find lots of fags there.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
You can get some Fucking FAT King Crab legs there. I still order them from Pike's Market to this day. They deliver anywhere.

The Copper River Salmon is tasty as hell too, but you can only get that once a year.

Never looked for fags. Easier than most cities? Just sayin' :bign:

Copper River salmon is the shit though. Hands down best salmon I've ever eaten. Do NOT buy it previously frozen though. It is still better than most previously frozen salmon but the fresh is amazing. And Copper River Sockeye salmon? Fuhgetabout it. Wow! Incredible.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Quixote said:
interference said:

Well, I guess it was the whiteness of the white that surprised me.

RamFan503 said:
Well... It IS January.

I've been to Seattle many times. The only place I ever ran into rude people was at the shecock games. Of couse I was always wearing Rams gear so....

Most of the times I have been there, the weather has been pretty good. I will admit not having been there in the dead of Winter. Of course you could pretty much draw a line just south of SF and the weather everywhere north would likely suck if you went there in late January. Our weather sucks right now too.

Did you do anything fun while you were there like go to the Experience Music Project, or have some of the world's best King Crab, do a brewery tour, or check out one of the dozen or so music venues? Last time we were there they had a Rodin exibit going at the SAM. If this was for work, I can imagine you probably didn't have time to seek out some of the cool places in Seattle. But as much as I hate the team there, I have had some great times in that city.
Well, food at top of the Space Needle was far better than expected, and Palisade in the Marina would probably have great views of the bay whenever the Sun breaks through. :)

libertadrocks said:
interference said:

It's depressing man. Unless you go during the right time of year, you likely wont catch many sun rays. People that move there do have to take vitamin D. Often times they become deficient due to the lack of sun.

I havent run into a lot of unfriendly people. Even when I was rocking the Rams gear at CenturyLink. Sorry to hear you did. I will say, however, the people there aren't nearly as friendly as what you'll typically find in the south and midwest.
While I've lived all over, I'm probably a midwesterner at heart. Oh, and I'd move to the Mississippi or Alabama Gulf Coast in a heart beat... awesome food and genuine peeps. IMHO the tech "boom" has changed a lot of cities... for the worse, and I think that, in part, is what has impacted Seattle.

Anyway, the Seahags and the city deserve it's other.

…..

Legend
Selassie I said:
You can get some freaking FAT King Crab legs there. I still order them from Pike's Market to this day. They deliver anywhere.

The crab legs are sick they're so huge....but the price of them is rather insulting, considering the fact that you can practicly smell the Aleutian Islands.

I did enjoy the dudes throwin fish at market though...and the 6 dollar cup of Shrimp cocktail goes great when you got an afernoon beer buzz goin on.

The best way to get over the rain and rude Northerners in Seattle is to go to Pike Road Brewery, get you some Naughtie Nellie, and relax...

RamsLife

UDFA
Only thing good that came out of Seattle was Alice In Chains, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden. That's about it tho...lol.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
RamsLife said:
Only thing good that came out of Seattle was Alice In Chains, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden. That's about it tho...lol.

AND.... Mother Love Bone (Stardust Champion cough cough) too IMO :p

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
BatteringRambo said:
RamsLife said:

You forgot Sonic Youth and Jimi Hendrix, but yeah they did make some good music back then.

RamsLife

UDFA
BatteringRambo said:
RamsLife said:

Not a big fan of Mother Love Bone, but you're right, Seattle did produce those guys too.

RamsLife

UDFA
brokeu91 said:
BatteringRambo said:
RamsLife said:

You forgot Sonic Youth and Jimi Hendrix, but yeah they did make some good music back then.

How could I forget the great Hendrix? Must of slipped my mind...

lasvegasrams

Rookie
the only reason i dont hate the hawks (i only dislike them now) are because of my trips to seattle, where i met some hawks fans who were really friendly (even in my rams hat) and i was a lucky guy who got to see the sun a lot.

alki beach in seattle is a beauty!!! and the girls are gorgeous there too.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Seattle sucks during the winter yes but it is a really goid place to be during spring and summer. thing I hate the most is litetaly starschmucks coffee on every corner no joke

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
interference said:

Went to Seattle last March. It was sunny the first 2 days -- rained the rest of the week. As for the city itself, there were a few cool spots and I got hooked big time on Manny's Pale Ale. If anyone knows where I can find that beer in the Northern Delaware/Philly area, please chime in.

What I found to be most off-putting about Seattle was how aggressive the homeless population behaves -- I haven't seen anything like that anywhere else, and that includes NYC.

And yeah, during the week I was there, the running joke was: "Oh, look -- another Starbucks"

All in all, I wouldn't be opposed to visiting Seattle again...but I certainly wouldn't want to live there.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
HeiseNBerg said:
interference said:

Went to Seattle last March. It was sunny the first 2 days -- rained the rest of the week. As for the city itself, there were a few cool spots and I got hooked big time on Manny's Pale Ale. If anyone knows where I can find that beer in the Northern Delaware/Philly area, please chime in.
What I found to be most off-putting about Seattle was how aggressive the homeless population behaves -- I haven't seen anything like that anywhere else, and that includes NYC.

And yeah, during the week I was there, the running joke was: "Oh, look -- another Starbucks"

All in all, I wouldn't be opposed to visiting Seattle again...but I certainly wouldn't want to live there.
As someone who does live here, the homeless panhandler is a 9-5 job. I swear, you never see more than one at any of the key corners, like they're networking, or unionized.

The other pet-peeve around here is the traffic. Not that the urban traffic jam is that different here, but the attitude is. When we were looking for a house 7 years ago, the real estate agent said regarding traffic, "sometimes it's better just to stay in line." Really.

There are no lines in traffic! It's every man for himself!

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Ram Quixote said:
HeiseNBerg said:
interference said:

As someone who does live here, the homeless panhandler is a 9-5 job. I swear, you never see more than one at any of the key corners, like they're networking, or unionized.

The other pet-peeve around here is the traffic. Not that the urban traffic jam is that different here, but the attitude is. When we were looking for a house 7 years ago, the real estate agent said regarding traffic, "sometimes it's better just to stay in line." Really.

There are no lines in traffic! It's every man for himself!

Biggest prob with the homeless there is, so many arent poor or homless just act as such cause they make so much a day. To lazy to work a real job