Seattle @ St. Louis vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
There is nothing to cry about after taking down the defending Champs. I really wish the Rams would stop taking a breather in the 3rd quarter though. That is ALL on the coaching staff! It really isn't that hard to imagine this team having another3 W's.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
OK so not really venting but what the heck is wrong with Zuerlein?

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
My vent is that this defense isn't the Ravens with Ray Lewis defense! Or the Steel Curtain or the Fearsome Foursome! Want a shut down defense! Is that asking too much?:sneaky:

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I just thought the D would be better than it's been. Our big weakness is QBs that can make plays with their legs. The D did not contain Wilson like they have in the past.

But this was a fun game. Tavon's punt return trickery fooled me. I thought to myself 'it seemed like that punt was heading to other side of the field' but from my vantage point I thought I must have misjudged it while keeping my eyes on Tavon. Then BOOM. Wow.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Was going to delete two of your posts but this is too funny. :snicker:
Oops. I deleted the other one as a duplicate. Sorry - just habit I suppose.

Edit: Figured out how to put it back. All's well.

Last edited:

Rainram

Starter

I'll admit we did get a couple questionable calls.

But Sherman got away with a big one on the 3rd down late in the 4th when he was all over Tavon.

Bottom line: Refs continue with their inconsistency...nothing new there.

The refs were not the difference in the game. Us whooping them for the entire first half and barely hanging in the second was the reason we won.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
While I'm quite happy with the W, I'm pissed that we gave up 3 staright TD drives of 80+ yards. I didn't like some of the off coverage we played.

Also Ogltree played arguably his worst game as a pro. He played a large role in 3 Seattle scoring drives that resulted in 17 points. Lost contain as the only backside defender on Wilson's 19 yard TD. Lost outside contain on Wilson's 52 yard run. And whiffed on a high tackle on a pass to Baldwin he would have stopped for only about 7 yards, resulting in a 49 yard catch and run.

Also thought our DEs lost their gap integrity in the 2nd half, allowing Wilson to extend plays flushing out to his left and right

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
freak that! ill still vent. that crap was awful once again to almost blow it multiple times. i shouldn't have to watch the Rams destroy high caliber teams week in and week out for 30 mins at a time and then self destruct cus the coaches dont know what the freak theyre doing! nobody should be satisfied with that win. dont fall back into that "lets settle for mediocracy" bullcrap again
Wait. Did I just stumble over to Ramstalk? I think I speak for everyone when I say we are all satisfied with that win and we don't need to play any better the rest of the season. Oh, wait a minute. I meant that we lost that game by a negative two points and we should be pissed. That is a W with an asterisk next to it. If we continue to win like that, they won't let us play in the playoffs even if we have more wins than the other teams. I will not settle for the Rams coaching staff knowing less than I do about football and how to coach players. I'm tired of beating teams like the defending Superbowl champions because we we only played 30 minutes while they played 60. We should have been well rested and used that other 30 minutes like they did. I can't believe the coaches would just give the Seahawks 30 minutes. I mean they weren't here to play. If we wouldn't have given them that 30 minutes without playing, we would have hung 56 points on them. When will we ever realize that winning isn't as important as looking good doing it. I'm PISSED AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!!!!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Wait. Did I just stumble over to Ramstalk? I think I speak for everyone when I say we are all satisfied with that win and we don't need to play any better the rest of the season. Oh, wait a minute. I meant that we lost that game by a negative two points and we should be pissed. That is a W with an asterisk next to it. If we continue to win like that, they won't let us play in the playoffs even if we have more wins than the other teams. I will not settle for the Rams coaching staff knowing less than I do about football and how to coach players. I'm tired of beating teams like the defending Superbowl champions because we we only played 30 minutes while they played 60. We should have been well rested and used that other 30 minutes like they did. I can't believe the coaches would just give the Seahawks 30 minutes. I mean they weren't here to play. If we wouldn't have given them that 30 minutes without playing, we would have hung 56 points on them. When will we ever realize that winning istn as important as looking good doing it. I'm PISSED AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!!!!
Where's the blue font? :) This is the vent thread, isn't it?:oops:

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Kinda hard to be really satisfied with giving up a huge lead again, and having to resort to a trick play in order to keep the other team from beating us in the last minute.
F the prevent defense!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Hard to vent when you win but you have to say the defense is still a big concern. We can't give up 470 yards and expect to win many games.
And young GZ needs to start making FG's or all that leg is a waste.

The only vent I really have is our record should be better. 21-0 on Dallas, 14-0 on SF. Ugh.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It was a win but it was not satisfying for me to see the lead evaporate so quickly....and with ease. I don't get it. Why does this continue to happen? Do the second half adjustments throw them off that much? Or is it that they start playing prevent in the beginning of the half? This happens far too often.