Seattle reminds me of 2001 Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Not there style or anything like that, but the situation they are now in as they have to fight to keep their window open.

Like the Rams, they just lost a tough SB, but hey their fans probably think they will get back there again as I did back in 2001 when the Rams lost. However, they now have to pay some guys big money and that team will not be the same as they lose players to FA, much like the Rams were in 2002.

Now, they will likely do a better job re-stocking their roster, but you never know. They do have a young QB without injury issues which is a huge plus, but the fact is they were close to putting a stamp on a mini Dynasty at the very least, much like the Rams had the chance in 2001, but they came up short.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
It would certainly be nice if they suffered the next 15 years like we have.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Funny. Seattle just reminds me of a bunch of sore loser punks. It takes a lot to make me want to root for the Pats, but they managed it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Funny. Seattle just reminds me of a bunch of sore loser punks. It takes a lot to make me want to root for the Pats, but they managed it.

Exactly. The 2001 Rams team had class.

This current shitchicken team? No.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Unlike the RAMS in 2001, this team is full of arrogance starting with Carroll. I see this team imploding starting with Lynch taking his talents somewhere else, even though they are going to throw big money at him. I've heard he and Wilson do not get along, so I see them sticking with the young QB vs. a defiant RB. My $0.02.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Unlike the RAMS in 2001, this team is full of arrogance starting with Carroll. I see this team imploding starting with Lynch taking his talents somewhere else, even though they are going to throw big money at him. I've heard he and Wilson do not get along, so I see them sticking with the young QB vs. a defiant RB. My $0.02.
I've never heard about Carroll and Wilson not getting along.
Interesting if true.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I've never heard about Carroll and Wilson not getting along.
Interesting if true.
I should have clarified myself... Wilson and Lynch don't get along, not Carroll and Wilson. Sorry for the confusion.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I should have clarified myself... Wilson and Lynch don't get along, not Carroll and Wilson. Sorry for the confusion.
That makes sense.
I believe Lynch was also one of the players, that was really pissed when they ran Harvin out of town.

A55VA6

Legend
Dude not even lying, I was thinking this exact same thing on the toilet earlier.

:cool:

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
regardless, Lynch will not be around a lot longer, age usually gets RBs about now and the NFL will see how special he is when he's gone.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick

Losing Lynch will be the beginning of the wheels coming off. Wilson is up for his mega contract this offseason and Wagner will be up for a big deal in 2016. Carpenter and Maxwell are 2 starters set to hit FA.

I also think they won't have the fortune of going 5-1 in the NFC West next year, because I know of at least 2 losses they'll have :sneaky:. In all seriousness though windows in the NFL can be very small. For many teams it is only 1 year. For others it may be 2-4 years.

When you look at the hawks past 3 seasons much of their success is attributed to execution, but luck is also involved (i.e. fail marry, Packers implosion, etc.). They have also avoided the injury bug fairly well. I don't believe the level of greatness they've had in 2013-2014 is sustainable. They're bound to have a down year, even if some player may be even better.

Imo we're a QB (healthy Bradford/Glennon/Winston) and 2 OL from giving Seattle a serious run for their money in the west. Here's to hoping next year is OUR year (been saying this since 2005) :cheers:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was not talling about the team's personality, just the position they are now in, trying to keep an elite unit together with FA pending and dwindling cap space.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Doubt they'll fall hard, they have a better front office than what the Rams had before Kroenke took over.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Doubt they'll fall hard, they have a better front office than what the Rams had before Kroenke took over.
Ain't that the truth. They won't have that kind of dysfunction or shitty drafting, so they'll still be pretty damn competitive.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Ain't that the truth. They won't have that kind of dysfunction or crappy drafting, so they'll still be pretty damn competitive.

Glad we have good football minds running the team this time around. One thing that the Seahawks front office and coaching staff is really good at is finding rejects with situational skill sets and using them at the right time (i.e. Chris Matthews hidden at the bottom of the depth chart and used in the big time game) Hope Snead's philosophy can find something long-term as well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Glad we have good football minds running the team this time around. One thing that the Seahawks front office and coaching staff is really good at is finding rejects with situational skill sets and using them at the right time (i.e. Chris Matthews hidden at the bottom of the depth chart and used in the big time game) Hope Snead's philosophy can find something long-term as well.
Kinda hoping Snead softens on the whole "he has top-notch athletic ability" approach and starts to zero in on smart football players.
Blazing speed is kinda overrated in the NFL, IMO. Guys like Isaac Bruce and Todd Lyght weren't all that fast.