Seattle cheating the system... Again...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Did Terrell Owens' Seahawks practice break NFL rules?
By Dan Hanzus
Writer

The Seattle Seahawks acted fast to get Terrell Owens involved in their offense.

Brooks: A plan for Terrell Owens
The Seahawks' addition of Terrell Owens wasn't a publicity stunt. Bucky Brooks reports from training camp that the veteran could be a key contributor. More ...
But was it too fast?

That was the question posed by Fort Worth Star-Telegram beat writer Clarence Hill, who said eyebrows were raised around the Dallas Cowboys' clubhouse when Owens practiced with his new team Wednesday. Hill reached out to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello on Thursday to find out if the Seahawks violated NFL rules.

"[hil]Players have a 3-day acclimation period during the preseason," Aiello said. "Day 1 is for the physical and meetings. Day 2 and 3 the player may participate, but only in helmet and shells or a padded shirt. Day 4 and for the rest of camp is in full pads[/hil]. The Cowboys are doing it correctly. Don't know about Seattle."

[hil]Owens signed with the Seahawks on Monday. On Wednesday, it was reported on the Seahawks' official website that the team practiced in full pads for two hours. Owens was part of that practice.[/hil] Hmmmmm ...

The Seahawks got in some trouble for fudging with the OTA rules back in June. If they erred with Owens, coach Pete Carroll is in line for another firm slap on the wrist.

UPDATE: Aiello later said in an email to The Associated Press that the NFL was gathering facts about Owens' practice.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... line_stack

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
"As [NFL Commissioner], I give you my word...

...the case will be investigated in a slipshod manner." Roger Goodell

superfan24

Starter
Pete the Cheat- the name will never escape him. Once a cheater, always a cheater.
AS 503 well knows :razzed:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RamFan503 said:
"As [NFL Commissioner], I give you my word...

...the case will be investigated in a slipshod manner." Roger Goodell
Ha! Put a french accent on that line and I recognize a movie quote ... Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
When you look up the word "slimeball", Pete Carroll's picture will be right there, smirking like a self-entitled jackass.

I hate that team.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Memento said:
When you look up the word "slimeball", Pete Carroll's picture will be right there, smirking like a self-entitled jackass.

I hate that team.

ME 2