Asshole Face reportedly speaking with Johnny Manziel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/23/sean-payton-reportedly-speaking-with-johnny-manziel/

Asshole Face reportedly speaking with Johnny Manziel

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 23, 2017, 11:07 AM EDT
454868076-e1461550439104.jpg
Getty Images
If Johnny Manziel returns to the NFL, it could be as the backup to Drew Brees.

That’s the word from Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, who reports that Saints coach Asshole Face has taken an interest in Manziel and talked to him about a return to football.

In New Orleans, Manziel would have no chance of earning a starting job, but he could earn a spot as a backup to Brees, where he’d learn from a veteran quarterback and perhaps get himself ready to be a starter some day.

Still, talking to Manziel and actually signing him are two very different things. If the Saints were convinced that Manziel was ready to put his personal problems behind him and contribute to a team, they could have signed him already, and they haven’t done so.

After he flamed out in Cleveland, it remains to be seen whether the Saints — or anyone else — will give Manziel a second chance.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
:LOL::ROFLMAO::rolllaugh::mrburnsevil: No Way will Johnny take Drews Place!!LOL!!!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Johnny Manziel+Mardi Gras? What could possibly go wrong?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This is a great idea for the Aints. A perfect fit for that team and their brilliant HC.

Baaaaaaahahahahahahahaa

Ram65

Legend
Asshole Face and Drew Brees would be great for JM. New Orleans would not. I don't know what JM is doing. Is he still partying?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Asshole Face and Drew Brees would be great for JM. New Orleans would not. I don't know what JM is doing. Is he still partying?
A question I was wondering myself when I saw this article. I haven't heard about him in the news, as of late.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I hope Payton is smarter than that. Manziel in New Orleans would be a disaster. Just think of all the partying he'd do.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Josh Gordon is banned, yet he's been trying as hard as he can to jump through the NFL hoops to get rehabilitated in the NFL's eyes for an actual NFL career...

Yet you have dumbasses like Manziel, who doesn't give a shit about his image, his morals, the rules... Taking shit for granted, and there's absolutely nothing that's done about him.

It's all bullshit. It's all narrative that the NFL spins.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Even if Manziel cleaned up his act, he hasn't been training or practicing and he wasn't outstanding when he did play. His pictures after he left the NFL showed he lost a ton of bulk. At best, he would make an underwhelming practice squad toy for preparing for running QBs.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Josh Gordon is banned, yet he's been trying as hard as he can to jump through the NFL hoops to get rehabilitated in the NFL's eyes for an actual NFL career...

Yet you have dumbasses like Manziel, who doesn't give a crap about his image, his morals, the rules... Taking crap for granted, and there's absolutely nothing that's done about him.

It's all bullcrap. It's all narrative that the NFL spins.
I agree that Jonny Manziel is dumbass who doesn't seem to actually care about his image and honestly has no place in the NFL.. But I disagree about Gordon. Hanging out with said dumbass Manziel isn't trying as hard as you can or jumping through hoops to get back into the NFL. Last April Gordon was spotted parting with Manziel and was reported to be living with him. I don't see how anyone can take Gordon seriously after that.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I agree that Jonny Manziel is dumbass who doesn't seem to actually care about his image and honestly has no place in the NFL.. But I disagree about Gordon. Hanging out with said dumbass Manziel isn't trying as hard as you can or jumping through hoops to get back into the NFL. Last April Gordon was spotted parting with Manziel and was reported to be living with him. I don't see how anyone can take Gordon seriously after that.

- The Manziel / Gordon roomie thing was proven to be a fake rumor.
- Hanging out with someone doesn't mean you ARE that person. What has Manziel done the past year? I know what Gordon has done, been to rehab, training with coaches who are dedicated to helping people overcome their vices, living with his agent to make sure he's committed to getting back on the field. They're two very different situations.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
- The Manziel / Gordon roomie thing was proven to be a fake rumor.
- Hanging out with someone doesn't mean you ARE that person. What has Manziel done the past year? I know what Gordon has done, been to rehab, training with coaches who are dedicated to helping people overcome their vices, living with his agent to make sure he's committed to getting back on the field. They're two very different situations.
I'm not saying Gordon is Manziel, Gordon actually has talent. But you can't say he's been trying as hard as he can when less than a year ago he's partying with manziel. It's a judgment concern, Gordon already has had issues, and he then decides to hangout with a known train wreck.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Yet you have dumbasses like Manziel, who doesn't give a crap about his image, his morals, the rules... Taking crap for granted, and there's absolutely nothing that's done about him.

It's all bullcrap. It's all narrative that the NFL spins.

Manziel will never play again, he's radioactive. And he's lucky he got his former girlfriend to back off or he may have ended up doing time. He has assaulted her TWO times.

Even if Manziel cleaned up his act, he hasn't been training or practicing and he wasn't outstanding when he did play. His pictures after he left the NFL showed he lost a ton of bulk. At best, he would make an underwhelming practice squad toy for preparing for running QBs.

The last picture I saw of him he was a twig. He was so skinny it looked like he was battling an illness, that's how slender he was.

tempests

Hall of Fame
One of those things that might attract ridicule elsewhere but would be dismissed as a no risk proposition by the fans of the team taking him on.

If Johnny still wants to party, he will anywhere he is, and he doesn't need Mardi Gras as an excuse.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, now I'm glad the Rams did not trade to acquire Asshole Face.

MauiRam

Rookie
And he was already too small for the NFL.

Fran Tarkenton stood 6 feet tall and weighed in at a whopping 190 lbs! That said, While we're on the subject of size, Fran's brain weighs in at roughly 3.5 lbs., whereas Johnny's is probably closer to 3.5 oz. Acquiring Johnny is akin to purchasing a corvette for half price, with just one caveat. The sales person informs the buyer that the warranty specifically guarantees against the wheels coming off until the car has exited the lot.