Sean McVay Reacts To Win Over Bears & Previews Week 2 Matchup Against Colts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Sweet.

--"Urgent enjoyment." Great phrase. Great life advice, too.
--Glad to hear McVay and Kroenke getting along. Hoping McVay stays around forever...
--Gay with the nice angle on opening kickoff... could've prevented a TD.
--Gay on arriving late to kick XP after VJeff TD... Gay thought VJeff was down and play was over! Ha!
--Praise for B Allen
--Praise for unselfishness of WR group
--Ran so few plays on O that they'll have surprises in store for Indy
--As of now sounds like Henderson is the workhorse, Sony and Funk for relief only

--All in all, sounds like McVay is reinvigorated and having a blast this year.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sweet.

--Glad to hear McVay and Kroenke getting along. Hoping McVay stays around forever...
--Gay on arriving late to kick XP after VJeff TD... Gay thought VJeff was down and play was over! Ha!
--Praise for B Allen
--As of now sounds like Henderson is the workhorse, Sony and Funk for relief only

For a split second, I thought you were meaning the camera angle on the interview was gay.

Which seemed a strange thing to say.

It was a bit gay though.

Psycho_X

Legend
The comment at 5:45... take that for what you will.
"he's able to communicate what he's seeing in real time.... when he's coming off (the field) it's not 'well let me look at the surface and let me just stare at the surface to see exactly what it is' he's playing the game in real time and that's what the special ones do".
With a very tired almost eye roll look on McVay's face when he mentions staring at a Surface Pro.

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
"he's able to communicate what he's seeing in real time.... when he's coming off (the field) it's not 'well let me look at the surface and let me just stare at the surface to see exactly what it is' he's playing the game in real time and that's what the special ones do".
With a very tired almost eye roll look on McVay's face when he mentions staring at a Surface Pro.
Great catch, @Psycho_X.

McVay went on to say about Stafford:
" His ability to articulate that, it's how we can have great dialogue and communication and move from one series on to the next... that's an elite trait of his..."

My main takeaway from these comments:
Compared to last year, McVay thinks his QB is seeing the field better and processing better what the D is scheming, and able to adjust mid-game to counter those schemes.

And Stafford sees the improvement too:

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/Sleyson80/status/1437258935497539587?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1437258935497539587%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Excellent discussion, love the energy McVay always brings, even in an interview.

Being in that building, working for an organization like that an owner like that would be exceptional. Imagine if every business had that drive.

We are lucky to get this kind of insight.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Which is most QBs tbh. Only the guys who are around long enough get to that point where they are on top of all the different shit DCs throw at them and know wtf happened in real time when things go south. McVay just took a shortcut to veteran QBville.

Anyway that show is the best damn thing going for a Rams fan. Thanks for putting it up OP. :beer2::woozy2:

sloramfan

Starter
"we're lucky to get this kind of insight"... so true

rams fans rejoice... we are blessed... i love this kind of stuff...

go rams

slo

JYB

Starter
Sweet.

--Praise for B Allen

Gay was very straight on his FGs and XPs.