Sean McVay, Rams are flipping the script on practice and the preseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Of course, that sitting out the preseason philosophy would only be the sure fire starters.

I want to see how they're going to work Blythe, Allen, Noteboom, Joseph Day, Gaines, Hager and Kaiser in preseason games.

That *could* give us an early hint at who they think are starters(?).

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course, that sitting out the preseason philosophy would only be the sure fire starters.

I want to see how they're going to work Blythe, Allen, Noteboom, Joseph Day, Gaines, Hager and Kaiser in preseason games.

That *could* give us an early hint at who they think are starters(?).

if they think those guys are starters they won't be playing them in preseason.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
if they think those guys are starters they won't be playing them in preseason.

My point exactly.
If by the third or fourth preseason game we see Hager out there and not Kiser, I think that means Kiser won that battle, (as an example).

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s a little high of an expectation? Keeping even or in first place in the division should be the first goal. Everything after that is gravy.
Finishing with a Super Bowl Sunday would be a great way to finish up the season with a cherry on top.
I’m just following the natural progression. We didn’t make the playoffs the first year. We did the second year but lost the game. Third year we made it to the Super Bowl but lost. Winning the SB is the only way we improve from last year. Anything less and we regress.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Playing starters in the preseason is what knocked Trent Green out though.
Well we all know how that turned out. Lol. Actually I really agree with being careful with players in the preseason games. I just wouldn’t want the players too pampered at practice. I do have faith in our coach. I know my opinion doesn’t matter in the least. I’m just a believer in a little hard work. Perhaps that is exactly what the team is getting.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’m just following the natural progression. We didn’t make the playoffs the first year. We did the second year but lost the game. Third year we made it to the Super Bowl but lost. Winning the SB is the only way we improve from last year. Anything less and we regress.

So what exactly are you saying ?? Your talking LA or Rams football ?? The first year of what ?? Goff ?? I’ve been a Rams fan for along time. I just want a solid team year in and year out. I think Super Bowl or bust thing is when The Rams move to the New Staduim .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well we all know how that turned out. Lol. Actually I really agree with being careful with players in the preseason games. I just wouldn’t want the players too pampered at practice. I do have faith in our coach. I know my opinion doesn’t matter in the least. I’m just a believer in a little hard work. Perhaps that is exactly what the team is getting.

Hard work ? These players now a days dedicate there lives to this game. They eat & sleep it. Things have evolved in many ways than dating back to the beginning of time.

The knowledge & the script is the big thing with Mcvay &!The Rams coaching staff.
An example of hard work would be Gurley.
How much do you push him ? Do you want his best effort on practice or a game ?

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hard work ? These players now a days dedicate there lives to this game. They eat & sleep it. Things have evolved in many ways than dating back to the beginning of time.

The knowledge & the script is the big thing with Mcvay &!The Rams coaching staff.
An example of hard work would be Gurley.
How much do you push him ? Do you want his best effort on practice or a game ?
Wow. Maybe ease back on the caffeine. We are rooting for the same team here!!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I like the attitude and the approach McVay brings.
Really didn't like the Suh approach - where you mail it in for the entire season and bring it during the playoffs. Certainly that relies on the rest of the team not mailing it in. Wonder what other players think of that.

It resulted in no new contract for him with the Rams ;)

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I wouldn't be upset if they got rid of the pre-season altogether.

I watch like 10 minutes of each game, and I literally give my tickets away. So boring.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wow. Maybe ease back on the caffeine. We are rooting for the same team here!!

It’s training camp !! How fired up do you get ??
Hard work baby !! Get it done !!’

Will be good to see the competition for making the roster. Gurley & Vets deserve reps & time off. That is where Sean Mcvay gets his respect from the players. Taking care of them and keeping them healthy. They will come to LA for less money just for that reason.

Mcvay is building a culture here in lA. Sort of cool to see as a long time Ram fan. Reggie continues to have high energy trying keep the players on the field.