Sean McVay on ESPN LA today 1/19/17

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
*FULL INTERVIEW*
I love Coach talking about building his scheme around Goff's strengths.
I was praying we would move the pocket more last year,but it rarely happened.
Thank God we now have competence on the offensive side of the ball!
Keyshawn is a idiot most of the time,but his advice that McVay be
himself was very good advice.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good listen, the more I hear the more I like the hire. I agree with @Zero that was impressive when he asked Key the question and he was given what I'd imagine was great advice.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Jesus Keyshawn is annoying.

Good stuff from McVay though. Looks like he is looking at playcalling as a one year thing as he develops an OC behind him. One of the reasons I think it is more likely that Kromer is an OL coach hire and he will go after a young coach to groom for the OC like Jay Gruden did with him.

Clearly understands putting players in roles and putting them in the best position to succeed. At this stage of the off season its clear he wants to add more play-makers on offense, fix the o line, and get personnel that fit Phillips scheme. Looks like Tavon will be filling the Jamison Crowder slot receiver role, which fits him perfectly. Crowder did a lot of the bubble screen stuff Tavon does well and took advantage of good matchups in the slot. It will be interesting to see how he attacks the X receiver, Z receiver, and TE positions with alot of his former players out there like Garcon (Z), DeSean (X), Vernon Davis (TE).

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jesus Keyshawn is annoying.

Yeah man, can't effin stand Keyshawn. Never have liked him.

But damn our new coach is smooth. Knows his $#!t. Just sees things right. This guy is going to be a home run for us, a franchise-changing hire.

I am so happy right now as a Rams fan.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Keyshawn sounds well prepared. Listened to the beginning of the show this morning...He had some interesting comments on the young HC.

I feel pretty good about McVay...Like I say, if you haven't played some Madden, for serious money, you're probably too old to HC in 2020.
I think it is more likely that Kromer is an OL coach hire and he will go after a young coach to groom for the OC like Jay Gruden did with him.
You mean somebody in his teens?

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Good interview. I hope...that he's not biting off more than he can chew as a first time HC by calling plays. He seems sharp and also willing to utilize his fellow coaches. That being the case, hopefully he will delegate effectively so he can call the plays and not have his plate to full.