SEAN MCVAY his 18-member coaching staff is complete

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Kind of unrelated, but one thing that's been on my mind is how much Jeff Fisher treated Gurley like a fragile Princess.
He's a freakin football player. If you don't practice like you are a football player, you are not going to be a good football player. I know I'm basing this off the Hard Knocks episodes, but I feel like he's never gone 100% in practice.

I understand that the staff didn't want to risk injuries, but to what extent is it a good idea to treat him that way? How is he supposed to improve his game if the defense isn't even allowed to touch him in practice?

P.S. I think Goff also needs to practice getting tackled. Especially from the blindside. He needs to learn to tuck the ball in when being pressured. A lot of it is instinct.

Notice in hard knocks Fisher looked lax. I could only imagine that practice wasn't conducted at an NFL level.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The only hire I question is the return of Peete. Apparently Gurley saved his job by calling McVay about wanting to work with him, but is that really in Gurley's best interests? I tend to think the Rams' problems were largely schematic in nature along with poor blocking, but still it concerns me a bit.

Outside of him, though, this staff is insanely good. McVay is off to a great start, so here's hoping Les gets him some players.
I think we need to look beyond Gurley.
He may have phoned it in in an attempt to not get injured again, under an inept offense.
Look at guys like Benny, Brown and Green. They all looked smooth and decisive.
Did Peete have his hand in that? Possibly.
We looked deep at the RB position, is all I know.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
When the Rams hired McVay, I was very skeptical. Being so young and inexperienced, no matter how smart and intuitive, some things can only be learned through experience and time. With the hiring of his staff and the inclusion of so many with tons of on hand experience, McVay clearly understand he needs to delegate authority. I'm not so worried about his youth as when he was first hired.

Same exact boat as you.

The fact that he seems to recognize that he needs to delegate and didn't let an ego keep him from hiring a big name coordinator like Wade (or keeping the interim HC on board in Fassel) speaks volumes.

Meanwhile, Shanahan is in charge of personnel, won't be hiring an OC, etc.. Micromanager anyone? Has Spags written all over him imo.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Still cautiously optimistic but I have more faith that this new coaching staff on offense will do a much better job keeping the defense rested.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Mere words can't express my happiness with this staff. Tons of young talented coaches along with a seasoned/crafty vet in Phillips. With that said...

upload_2017-2-9_15-2-9.jpeg

I can't wait to see how they approach free-agency and the draft. The 2017 season can't get here soon enough for me. Pedal to the metal boys!