Sean McVay: A Beautiful Mind

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tonight, McVay will be featured in HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. By now, most of you fanatics who scour the internet for everything Rams, will have seen the clips with McVay's phenomenal recall on display.

It amazing how he can recall/analyze past plays from years ago, that may inspire offensive ideas today. The system McVay uses seems to be hard for any DC to breakdown and predict how to counteract. Even with a whole summer, how does a MLB on the opposing side analyze formations in a few seconds, from which several different plays can be run? McVay has a mind that can recall almost every play he has called, and also every play that he has admired which other teams have run. How can we improve over McVay?

Sign Sean McVay to 10 year contract, Mr. Kroenke.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know where you got the Beautiful Mind reference.
I heard it on the show (Gumbel's), but Bryant has no patent on the idea or the phrase. (of course the movie, as well)

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Tonight, McVay will be featured in HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. By now, most of you fanatics who scour the internet for everything Rams, will have seen the clips with McVay's phenomenal recall on display.

It amazing how he can recall/analyze past plays from years ago, that may inspire offensive ideas today. The system McVay uses seems to be hard for any DC to breakdown and predict how to counteract. Even with a whole summer, how does a MLB on the opposing side analyze formations in a few seconds, from which several different plays can be run? McVay has a mind that can recall almost every play he has called, and also every play that he has admired which other teams have run. How can we improve over McVay?

McVay is a VERY bright guy whose mind, freakishly, almost solely inhabits a crazed world of total full dimensional football analysis. Imo there are only a very small number of past and present NFL coaches with McVay's ability (Walsh and Belicheck, maybe even Martz, come to mind as examples.) He also has a high energy approach reminiscent of Vermeil and others, but I don't sense the same kind of potential for burnout.

The really remarkable thing is that he also manages to be a real human being who can lead players. This is a very unusual combination, but hey it seems to work.

No doubt his family background and his experience as a State championship qb in Georgia contributed to his unique development. He does also seem to have a life in his limited spare time. But it's all good for the Rams as long he can keep it going. Surpassing the Patriots for championships would be sufficient I think.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I saw this and was wondering I didn't see more about this on here. Very interesting stuff

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saw this and was wondering I didn't see more about this on here. Very interesting stuff

I just saw the full episode on HBO, and it was pretty good. It revealed his youth, photo graphic memory/recall for plays. Gumbal contrasted his acquiring te job at such a young age, with his Grandfather’s career as the HC of the New York football Giants, and how it ended so suddenly when the Giants QB fumbled the ball and Herm Edwards of the Philadelphia Eagles scooped up the ball and ran it in for TD, overcoming a 5 point deficit to beat the Giants. John McVay was fired soon after, emphasizing how quickly a HC’s career can end, inferring that Sean McVay also could be endangered by unfortunate events. Gumbal relayed that the average Head Coach’s career is just a little longer than the 3.5 year average career for an NFL player.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam

Have never seen any coach like Sean McVay! Personally, I wish the Rams would sign him to a Lifetime Contract (I know/Not Possible!) but a 10 year contract would be ok! Sean McVay is really UNREAL!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kevin & Les' number one charge is keeping Sean McVay happy. Their number two charge is keeping Wade Phillips happy. Do those two things for the next five seasons at least, and it's going to be an amazing run.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
We hit the freaking jackpot.
And we ate the Niners lunch to get him. How could they have let the guy whose grandfather helped build the Montana championship teams get away? Same thing when we moved up to get Goff.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
giphy.webp