Seahawks Waive 6th Round Pick Due to Rare Heart Condition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
There's a silver lining. The Seahawks found out about Scott's condition before signing him but the team signed him to his contract anyway, then waived him. That means Scott receives his signing bonus and first-year salary totaling about $555,000, according to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...cut-him-due-to-heart-condition-234534881.html
But the article says he goes on IR in the headline,so the "condition" may not be permanent

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There's a silver lining. The Seahawks found out about Scott's condition before signing him but the team signed him to his contract anyway, then waived him. That means Scott receives his signing bonus and first-year salary totaling about $555,000, according to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...cut-him-due-to-heart-condition-234534881.html

I have to applaud that, this was a gesture that they can be proud of.......and you guys know if the Rams had done something like this you'd be falling all over yourselves heaping praise on the FO.

LOL you can't hate this.......SEA or not it was a great thing to do.

jjab360

Legend
I have to applaud that, this was a gesture that they can be proud of.......and you guys know if the Rams had done something like this you'd be falling all over yourselves heaping praise on the FO.

LOL you can't hate this.......SEA or not it was a great thing to do.
I don't hate it, I just don't really care. They're not really giving up anything salary-cap wise, and btw, he's not getting that 555,000 unless they put him on IR which seems unlikely if they think he can't ever play football again.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
These players go through many very extensive physicals before the draft. I am surprised this problem didn't show up also.
Heart issues are sometimes very hard to detect and a rare one as this is described is probably not one tested for in a "normal" battery besides the same test reader reading 500 tests in a week is more likely to overlook something than one doing 100 tests in the same period. I'd say most tests before drafts for all but those expected to go in the top rounds are less stringent ,and in the end Drs. aren't perfect although lawyers and insurance companies hold them to that standard.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If the 49ers can show class, as they did when they "traded" Isaac Bruce back to us so he could retire a Ram without being cut first, anyone can show class.

jjab360

Legend
Rofl, can't believe how many people (not just here) were fawning over the Hags over a move that they were required to make.