Seahawks/Saints

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Any body watching this crap? Did the same ref crew from the Rams game yesterday drive up to Seattle for the game tonight? Good lord, this style of NFL officiating is starting to be unwatchable. Seattle obviously has been anointed the #1 seed in the NFC and demand must be for a New Orleans/Carolina battle for their division and wild card. Who do you suppose is driving these decisions, the bookies or the TV execs?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Show boating players. You'll never see Rams players showboat much. Fuck the shitchickens

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Any body watching this crap? Did the same ref crew from the Rams game yesterday drive up to Seattle for the game tonight? Good lord, this style of NFL officiating is starting to be unwatchable. Seattle obviously has been anointed the #1 seed in the NFC and demand must be for a New Orleans/Carolina battle for their division and wild card. Who do you suppose is driving these decisions, the bookies or the TV execs?
Neither. This is driven by the NFL's need to make certain Asshole Face doesn't show up the commish. They would like nothing better than to see Carolina push the Saints to WC status.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Fine, let Seattle have this one. It will just make the Rams win in week 17 even sweeter when we break their home winning streak!

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm waiting for the fake punt calls on the Saints 20 to turn it all around. :wow:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Get used to it fellas. Seattle is going to the SB this season.

And to think we were playing them for the division title in 2010.

We should have made more progress in 3 years since then.

If we don't make the playoffs next year, that will be a huge disappointment. We should be there, there's no valid excuse for Fisher and Snead.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

Looks like the work of Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci, to me. :cool:

fearsomefour

Legend
Fine, let Seattle have this one. It will just make the Rams win in week 17 even sweeter when we break their home winning streak!

Im assuming this would be because Seattle is sitting players for the playoffs. I prefer to stay in touch with reality. Seattle is a better and much different team at home. The Rams should have beaten them in St. Louis. Week 17 (unless they are running out backups) I would expect a loss and not a particulary pretty one.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Marketing... it's all about marketability and who (which team) is testing the best with national audiences. This then drives TV ratings, advertising dollars, and product/service sales for the NFL's advertisers. It's about the top line. The rest is just for show for the public.

So, a Denver - Seahags SB looks to be on the cards this year. But I would be shocked, shocked if they let anyone other than Peyton Manning to take it this year, 'cause that is just too much of a feel-good story, for the NFL and it sponsors, to allow any other outcome.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Marketing... it's all about marketability and who (which team) is testing the best with national audiences. This then drives TV ratings, advertising dollars, and product/service sales for the NFL's advertisers. It's about the top line. The rest is just for show for the public.

So, a Denver - Seahags SB looks to be on the cards this year. But I would be shocked, shocked if they let anyone other than Peyton Manning to take it this year, 'cause that is just too much of a feel-good story, for the NFL and it sponsors, to allow any other outcome.

Seahawks will definitely be the villain in this WWF matchup.

Angry Ram

Dont you need something to showboat about?

Yes, like whooping the Bears and Colts. Except you didn't see Ram players gyrate and flop all over the field.

I can't respect this shitchicken team. At least the 2005 team had class.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's just friggin sad. Maybe I've been too too gullible all my life and the NFL has always been this way but I just have begun to see it the past handful of years. It seems to me ever since the introduction of instant replay the refs have taken the opportunity to abuse the other calls that are not subject to scrutiny under it. Calls like holding, pass interference, ruffing the passer, clipping, targeting, personal fouls are all used to change outcomes. It's enough to make life-long, die-hard fans to go Any Given Sunday on their asses!!!!:mad:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Get used to it fellas. Seattle is going to the SB this season.

And to think we were playing them for the division title in 2010.

We should have made more progress in 3 years since then.

If we don't make the playoffs next year, that will be a huge disappointment. We should be there, there's no valid excuse for Fisher and Snead.

Well maybe that Bradford didn't play the full season and the hawks had a lot more talent to start with than Fisher and Snead and the Rams have the youngest team in the league and the seahawks have a decided advantage over the Rams at home with their crowd.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Seahawks will definitely be the villain in this WWF matchup.
Excellent way to put it

It's just friggin sad. Maybe I've been too too gullible all my life and the NFL has always been this way but I just have begun to see it the past handful of years. It seems to me ever since the introduction of instant replay the refs have taken the opportunity to abuse the other calls that are not subject to scrutiny under it. Calls like holding, pass interference, ruffing the passer, clipping, targeting, personal fouls are all used to change outcomes. It's enough to make life-long, die-hard fans to go Any Given Sunday on their asses!!!!:mad:
I think the NFL-game-of-manipulation changed significantly at SB36, and started to become much more apparent, when they so badly wanted the much lesser Patriots to win after a 911-altered season. It's pretty obvious that the shenanigans were far more extensive than simply the obvious one-sided refereeing, otherwise, Belicheat would have been shown the Pete Rose Exit Door. Hence, I think they learned they could get away with a lot more without losing audiences, and so now we're seeing the result of this new found flexibility. I think fans at ROD are at the tip-of-the-spear, so we'll be the first to notice and the first to turn-off our TV's. But when the top 20% finally see the gaming-of-the-Game, then the NFL will re-adjust and the pendulum will start to swing back in order to recapture audiences.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The real question is, right now it looks like a Panthers/Seahawks in the NFC championship game, who do you want to win that?

As much as i hate the Panthers, i would want them to win it.

Seahawks already act like they are the best of all time and have won multiple SB's, if they actually did win it they would never ever ever shut up about it. They love bringing up past scores against teams. If a whiner fan says they are to beat the Seahawks, they love replying with "43-12" and there other sin from last year and this one. Over and over. A SB win would make me hate them even more and their douchy fans would become even more Douchy!!

V3

Hall of Fame

I'm betting NE beats Denver for the SB. Brady plays better in the cold and the playoffs. And yes, I'm not watching the SB if it's NE vs. SEA. Makes me sick to think about it.

Angry Ram

The real question is, right now it looks like a Panthers/Seahawks in the NFC championship game, who do you want to win that?

As much as i hate the Panthers, i would want them to win it.

Seahawks already act like they are the best of all time and have won multiple SB's, if they actually did win it they would never ever ever shut up about it. They love bringing up past scores against teams. If a whiner fan says they are to beat the Seahawks, they love replying with "43-12" and there other sin from last year and this one. Over and over. A SB win would make me hate them even more and their douchy fans would become even more Douchy!!

Panthers all the way. Said it before said it again...the issue in that game was the refs failure to take control. Also Steve Smith is a punk no matter who he plays, so whatever. I'm over it.

I'll never go for that fuckin shitchicken classless seaworm team. Until they get rid of all those cheaters, showboaters, trash talkers, I won't even respect them. So until then, fuck them.