Seahawks implosion in three, two, one...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't care what he went through growing up. That doesn't apply to what he is or isn't on the football field.

He's not the only guy that went through hell in the NFL. Hell, Bruce Irvin had a pretty rough time of it too including being homeless...yet, you are willing to criticize him.

Graham plays soft. It is what it is. And he's not the best TE in the NFL. That's Rob Gronkowski. He is a douche but it's impossible to deny how great he is.

Nope, I'm not kidding you. He can talk all he wants. I'd rather hear him be honest than blow smoke up everybody's asses. Guy earned the right to talk. He was a UDFA and he made it. There's a reason why that's rare. It's like ending up as a millionaire businessman after growing up in poverty.

Regardless they are now teammates and none of his should be public. Bennet and Irvin are fools and not coming across as team players. If I was Pete Caroll I would be livid right now. I'd be hauling them in and demanding they give an apology and if they didnt I would be putting them both on the trade block and send a message to everyone that my team does not operate like that.

They could have answered that question in so many different ways that could have been more appropriate for addressing past differences with a new teammate.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rob Gronkowski...when he's healthy? When he doesn't have chronic back issues? I'll trust the guy who has a lesser injury history. Back issues are some of the worst health problems you can have, and as good as Gronk is, you can't trust him to be on the field all the time.

Rob Gronkowski is the best TE in the league. It seems you don't even disagree. You just see a bigger injury risk. But that doesn't address who the better player on the field is.

If it were my team, I'd rather hear Bennett and Irvin say that they're going to accept their new teammate instead of talking crap about him. Who would you rather have in your foxhole: a guy like Bennett or a guy who is honest, but not stupid about it? And it's not nearly as rare as you portray it to be; otherwise, there'd be many millionaire businessmen who grew up in poverty. There's quite a few UDFAs who have made it big. Not all of them talk as much crap as Bennett, and those who do aren't all stupid about it. Like it or not, Graham is his teammate. If Bennett had just said that Graham needed work as a blocker, I'd have zero problem with it. What I don't get is why you'd continue to insult a guy when he's your teammate. It's stupid and petty.

That's basically what he said.
After the Seahawks won the game, defensive end Michael Bennett unloaded on Graham by calling him “overrated” because he didn’t help the New Orleans offense as a blocker. Graham was traded to the Seahawks last month, leading some to wonder if there might be any residual issues in the locker room.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said things would be fine, but Bennett wasn’t backing down from his comments during an interview on 710 ESPN on Thursday.

“I still feel the same way,” Bennett said. “Just because he’s on my team I don’t stop feeling that way. Obviously I’m going to be a better teammate to him because he’s on my team. I can’t do the things I was doing to him when we were playing him. But obviously when he comes to our team he’s a part of our team so we have a different philosophy than they had with the Saints so the things he was expected to do with the Saints are going to be different when he comes here. Obviously we are a running team so he is going to have to block and do all those things. I don’t feel as harsh as I did at the time because he’s my teammate now but at the time he was on the opposite team, a team that we played that was pretty good and we battled with them a couple of times and I didn’t really like that team too much.”

He more or less said the guy needs to be willing to make a difference as a blocker. That's why he called him soft with NO.

You just don't like the delivery but the guy was being honest. He answered the question he was asked.

As far as my analogy, there are many millionaire businessmen that grew up in poverty. Both are rare but you can find plenty of examples if you're willing to go back awhile. So your point on that is unavailing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Regardless they are now teammates and none of his should be public. Bennet and Irvin are fools and not coming across as team players. If I was Pete Caroll I would be livid right now. I'd be hauling them in and demanding they give an apology and if they didnt I would be putting them both on the trade block and send a message to everyone that my team does not operate like that.

They could have answered that question in so many different ways that could have been more appropriate for addressing past differences with a new teammate.

Basically, they could have refused to answer or lied. It is just funny to me how many people say they want to hear players be honest and speak their minds...but when they do it, they resent it. I hate coach/player speak. I'd rather they got out there and be honest.

I don't see it making a difference. If they had just refused to address the question, Graham would have gotten the implicit point. Maybe the comments motivate him. Who knows.

Irvin is a different story. He chose to put it out there on twitter. That was a dumb idea.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Gronk>>>>Graham and it's not even close in my mind...

Graham is a one dimensional powder puff that tips the offenses hand when he is in because you know he's not about to block. That's one of the main reasons the Saints were willing to let him go...

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I don't buy it
I don't belive it

Unfortunately there's no implosion and the Hawks will be around for years. They're pretty much set :-(

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Jimmy Graham was warming up in what he knew was his opponents' area and refused to move. He's also the same bloke who, when told that his dunking over the goalpost celebration would incur a penalty, said he would still do it despite the risk of it hurting his own team.

Meanwhile Bruce Irvin wants to "fade" his new teammate.

Seriously, these people are adults? How pathetic. They well and truly deserve each other.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't care what he went through growing up. That doesn't apply to what he is or isn't on the football field.
Of course it does. A person may be through with his past, but the past is never through with you.
You're young though, you'll figure it out eventually.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Basically, they could have refused to answer or lied. It is just funny to me how many people say they want to hear players be honest and speak their minds...but when they do it, they resent it. I hate coach/player speak. I'd rather they got out there and be honest.

I don't see it making a difference. If they had just refused to address the question, Graham would have gotten the implicit point. Maybe the comments motivate him. Who knows.

Irvin is a different story. He chose to put it out there on twitter. That was a dumb idea.

How a team player answers the question - "Yeah I said that but it was in the heat of battle just after we played the Saints. My emotions got the best of me but that is the type of stuff that you forget about by the next day or two. Based on everything I know about Jimmy Graham I am sure he will be a great addition to our team and I am glad to have him as a Seahawk."

Is that a lie? I don't think so. Sure maybe Bennett still feels the way he said he did but, he really doesn't even know Graham. Jimmy Graham may end up being the best teammate Bennett has ever had. Besides it is akin to saying, "I am putting all past differences aside, Jimmy Graham is now a Seahawk and that makes him a brother in my mind."

I could care less about coachspeak. I expect it. I think Devanney was way to talkative and when it came to the draft the other teams always seemed to be two steps ahead of him. Rex Ryan is honest and up front and I wish he would just keep his mouth shut. And players being to talkative is never a good thing when it comes to emotions.......Richard Sherman come on down. He just comes across as a big ole jackass.

Big Game

Living The Dream
At the end of the day if they win and Jimmy helps them win it won't be an issue. Buttttttttttttt if he is the cause for a loss or two or doesn't seem to give 100 percent in practice or a game i could see some big problems. lol Go Rams!!!

Athos

Legend
Rob Gronkowski is the best TE in the league. It seems you don't even disagree. You just see a bigger injury risk. But that doesn't address who the better player on the field is.

Can't be the best at anything when you aren't on the field though. Sir. Douche-A Lot is the best TE in the league, but he is an injury bug.

And Graham is one-dimensional, but as a pass-catcher, he's elite.

You just don't like the delivery but the guy was being honest. He answered the question he was asked.

And SeaHags aren't known for intelligence. Roids? Yea. Penalties? Damn straight. Being whiny little bitches? Par for the course.

Some shit you keep in the locker room, rather than airing it out like a gossiping little high school girl.

And I don't think Graham is soft. It's more indifference to blocking, because he's paid to be a glorified WR. Fuck, I even consider him more a WR than a TE, no matter how he lines up. I don't really care though. When you catch TDs like he does.....

Anyway, fuck the Hags. I hope Wilson cripples them with his new contract.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Makes me wonder how effective Graham will be with the hags. A running team who needs their TE to block. We have Cook and its not like he's lighting up the scoreboard. Plus, Graham had a very good passer throwing him the ball. Wilson's ok but he's not considered a great passer.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First of all, Bennett didn't say anything that would be viewed as mean or disrespectful - he was honest, and what he said was perfectly acceptable IMO. He is himself, not Elmgrovegnome, so it's fine for Grove to say "he should have said this or that", but at the end of the day, he is who he is and that's okay.

Secondly, Gronk for 8 games is better than Graham for 16. Graham disappears multiple games each year. He is probably the 2nd best TE, but its a diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiistant 2nd behind Gronk.

This trade for Seattle was bad. Graham was great at times, not all the time, on a prolific offense with one of the best QBs of all time, and arguably the best playcaller/QB combo of all time. He goes from that to an inept play caller, for a QB who is 25% as good as Brees at slinging it. Zero. Sense.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How a team player answers the question - "Yeah I said that but it was in the heat of battle just after we played the Saints. My emotions got the best of me but that is the type of stuff that you forget about by the next day or two. Based on everything I know about Jimmy Graham I am sure he will be a great addition to our team and I am glad to have him as a Seahawk."

Is that a lie? I don't think so. Sure maybe Bennett still feels the way he said he did but, he really doesn't even know Graham. Jimmy Graham may end up being the best teammate Bennett has ever had. Besides it is akin to saying, "I am putting all past differences aside, Jimmy Graham is now a Seahawk and that makes him a brother in my mind."

I could care less about coachspeak. I expect it. I think Devanney was way to talkative and when it came to the draft the other teams always seemed to be two steps ahead of him. Rex Ryan is honest and up front and I wish he would just keep his mouth shut. And players being to talkative is never a good thing when it comes to emotions.......Richard Sherman come on down. He just comes across as a big ole jackass.

Yes, that's a lie.

A55VA6

Legend
Seahawks LB Bruce Irvin: "Atlanta is where I want to be" in 2016.

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/5...e-irvin-wants-to-play-for-the-atlanta-falcons

About two months ago, there was a rumor that Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett wanted to be traded to the Atlanta Falcons. Now comes a report that Seahawks linebacker Bruce Irvin wants to play for the Atlanta Falcons, per Seahawks linebacker Bruce Irvin.

According to Samuel Logan of Black Sports Online, Irvin was pretty enthusiastic about playing for the Falcons after watching the Atlanta Hawks win last night.

"I’m going to be in Atlanta next season. I’m ready," said Irvin in response to my question about where he wants to be after his contract his up.

The Seahawks declined to pickup Irvin's fifth-year option that would have paid him about $7.8 million. Seattle has otherwise publicly stated they intend to sign Irvin to a deal, but Irvin sounds unlikely to sign such an agreement.

"Atlanta is where I want to be. Believe that," said Irvin.

Whether or not Irvin comes to Atlanta, this indicates Quinn's former players still hold him in a high regard. The former first-round pick has been somewhat of a disappointment in his career, but played well after moving to linebacker and racking up 6.5 sacks last season.

Expect trade rumors to increase in the near future. Trading for Irvin may not be cheap, but would add some serious firepower to Atlanta's pass rush.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The loss of Irvin probably wouldn't hurt them too much.

But what is interesting is how SO MANY of these Seahawk players speak out and say controversial things.....almost like they can't help it.....almost like, they all have roid rage and can't hold in that emotion....

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it came out 10 years from now that most of this Seahawk defense was continuously using some PED and somehow fooling tests.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'd like having Graham on this team. Seachickens always say they need weapons so now they've got a very good one and they don't like him because he doesn't block well? They need downfield threats, not another blocking TE. The man tried to be referred to as a WR before, probably a good indication how he plays. News flash Seahawks, they wouldn't have signed him if they were happy with the offense as it sits.