Seahawks get spanked

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...due-in-seattle-for-2014-offseason-violations/

Bill comes due in Seattle for 2014 offseason workout violation
Posted by Mike Florio on June 16, 2015

images.jpg

The efforts of the Seahawks to prepare for a third straight Super Bowl run are being hampered by the effort to prepare for a second one.

As noted by Tim Booth of the Associated Press, the consequences for last year’s violation of the offseason workout rules have come due in Seattle, with the Seahawks losing two days of on-field work at their annual three-day mandatory minicamp.

The minicamp launches Tuesday, but the Seahawks will practice only on Thursday, a final session before the start of training camp.

This year, the Seahawks consulted with the NFL’s Management Council to ensure proper compliance with rules that allow football practice but prohibit live contact. With contact rampant during offseason workouts, the Seahawks employed an intensity that crossed the line, with “coaches coaching contact” and at least one fine breaking out.

Carroll was fined “at least” $100,000 and the Seahawks were fined more than $200,000. A second violation calls for higher fines and the loss of a fourth-round draft pick.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As much as I love the shitchickens getting any kind of penalty, I'm so tired of this restrictive practice scheduling. The player's union has plenty of sway to prevent the coaches from being over the top maniacs. I'm guessing the players were all in on these practices. If your team wants to win bad enough, they will want to practice as possible without getting worn down.