Seahawks get Jared Allen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-heads-home-will-make-decision-this-weekend/
Jared Allen heads home, will make decision this weekend
Reports on Thursday had defensive end Jared Allen close to agreement on a deal to join the Seahawks.

As the saying goes, though, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades because no deal is done and Allen is headed home.

“Got to Seattle last night with Jared, [his wife] Amy, and his family,” Allen’s agent Ken Harris told PFT. “We had a great time meeting everyone during this visit. After some good discussions with the front office today, Jared and Amy are going to consider the Seahawks offer along with the others, and make a decision this weekend.”

Allen also visited with the Cowboys, but reports during the week indicated that it was “unlikely” that he would wind up in Dallas.

Joining an already strong and deep Seahawks defense has to be an appealing prospect for Allen as it would set him up to produce at a high level without being stretched too far physically. Visiting twice and leaving without a deal suggests there’s some gap that the two sides have been unable to bridge, however, and it could lead to Allen landing elsewhere for the 2014 season.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
ESPN reporting false information?!?! Say it 'aint so!!!

My life is a lie... :cry:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Agent’s message implies other teams are still in play for Allen
Posted by Mike Florio on March 20, 2014

350x-123.jpg
AP

On Thursday afternoon, ESPN’s Ed Werder reported that the Seahawks and defensive end Jared Allen were “working on [the] final details” of a contract, and that “barring unforeseen circumstances, he could sign today.”

Allen ultimately didn’t, which means the unforeseen circumstances won. And now it’s unclear what Allen may do.

Allen’s agent told multiple reporters that Allen will “consider the Seahawks offer along with the others, and make a decision this weekend.”

It’s possible that Allen eventually will sign with the Seahawks, which perhaps would make Werder “right all along.” It’s possible that he’ll sign with another team. Reference to “the Seahawks offer along with the others” implies that more than one other offer has been made to Allen. Because Allen has visited only with Seattle and Dallas, this could mean that at least one other team remains in the mix.

The decision, then, could be that one or more additional visits will occur. Or it could be that he’ll sign with the Seahawks. Or it could be that he’ll sign with the Cowboys. Or it could be that he’ll do nothing until later in the offseason, taking a page from the Brett Favre show-up-in-August playbook.

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
It's time to get it. Snead and Fischer are not loading up for next year with overpaid FAs or ones that have a year or 2 left in the tank. They must have a 2-3 year plan in building the Rams to the top of the NFC West. Saving money to retain our younger players and building through the draft - getting as many picks in the draft as possible. I anticip;ate seeing a couple of trade downs this year. I will initially cringe at passing up best available players like Clowney, Watkins and Mack in the 1st round but will be okay when the additional picks allow us to improve each year. The one thing that is burning me up is another year and we still may not have a true #1 receiver. At some point when we are closer to the top we have to pull that trigger and get one. I like Tavon as an option and a game changer but I don't see him carrying the Rams receivng corp.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It's time to get it. Snead and Fischer are not loading up for next year with overpaid FAs or ones that have a year or 2 left in the tank. They must have a 2-3 year plan in building the Rams to the top of the NFC West. Saving money to retain our younger players and building through the draft - getting as many picks in the draft as possible. I anticip;ate seeing a couple of trade downs this year. I will initially cringe at passing up best available players like Clowney, Watkins and Mack in the 1st round but will be okay when the additional picks allow us to improve each year. The one thing that is burning me up is another year and we still may not have a true #1 receiver. At some point when we are closer to the top we have to pull that trigger and get one. I like Tavon as an option and a game changer but I don't see him carrying the Rams receivng corp.

Chris Givens is our #1 WR

fearsomefour

Legend
Still more losses than gains for them. SF has pretty much broken even. Arizona has gotten better and the Rams after finishing last in the division have done....nothing.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Still more losses than gains for them. SF has pretty much broken even. Arizona has gotten better and the Rams after finishing last in the division have done....nothing.
Build through the draft man how did overpaying for finny and cook do for us?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Chris Givens is our #1 WR
Jared Cook is our #1 WR right now.
Jordy Nelson was Green Bay's #1 WR last season.
Greg Olson was the #1 receiver in Carolina.
Julian Edelman was the #1 in N.E.
Cecil Shorts was the #1 in Jacksonville last season.

Some #1 WR's are better than others.