Seahawks fear another torn achilles tendon for TE Anthony McCoy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I tore this tendon twice playing soccer during my teens and it took a long time to recover fully both times. A nasty injury.
---------------------
Seahawks fear another torn Achilles for Anthony McCoy
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 29, 2014

anthonymccoyarizonacardinalsvseattlecvkeg9kadkhl-e1369862589144.jpg
Getty Images

Seahawks tight end Anthony McCoy spent all of last season on injured reserve after suffering a torn left Achilles in the offseason. Now the Seahawks fear McCoy has torn his right Achilles.

PFT’s Curtis Crabtree is at Seahawks camp and reports that McCoy collapsed to the ground during full team drills and laid face down on the turf for a few minutes before he was carted off the field. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll confirmed afterward that it appears serious.

“Early indications are he hurt his other Achilles,” Carroll said. “If it is what they think it is, it’s just a real heartbreaker. He worked so hard to get back and all. If it was the same Achilles you might understand it but we think it’s the other one. So we’ll see what happens.”

McCoy played for Carroll at USC and was a sixth-round pick of the Seahawks in 2010. After not seeing much playing time early in his career, McCoy started to come on in 2012, when he caught 18 passes for 291 yards and three touchdowns. But now it appears that he’s about to miss his second season in a row.

SierraRam

Recreational User
"I tore this tendon twice playing soccer during my teens and it took a long time to recover fully both times. A nasty injury."

Don't they have spray for that? ;)

upload_2014-7-29_14-0-57.jpeg