Seahawks Fans On The Rams Draft Options

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
It could - points on the board works well for our pass rush and takes that extra safety out of the box

My perception is that we can, currently, win games when we are up. Problems occur when we're behind. Maybe that's an argument for your guy Watkins.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounded like you'd expect Seattle fans to sound...like they just started watching football on February 2nd, 2014. :whistle:

Will be fun to see their reaction after they face Sam next year...a lot of birdbrains eating their words.

iced

My perception is that we can, currently, win games when we are up. Problems occur when we're behind. Maybe that's an argument for your guy Watkins.

I disagree - i don't think we stand a chance in the nfc west with their corners vs our core, especially seattle.

Gotta win your division right?

I also don't see a receiver that can maximize Sam's potential...all the "great" qb's have great weapons, there's no coincidence.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I disagree - i don't think we stand a chance in the nfc west with their corners vs our core, especially seattle.

I also don't see a receiver that can maximize Sam's potential...all the "great" qb's have great weapons, there's no coincidence.

We're a long way off winning our division with our current offense. I'm thinking we're still building the OL, which is what we need to do in order to have a functional passing game. So by that logic whether we have "B" WR's or "A" WR's doesn't really matter. If we can get Watkins and one of the top 3 LT's, I'd be good with it.

iced

We're a long way off winning our division with our current offense. I'm thinking we're still building the OL, which is what we need to do in order to have a functional passing game. So by that logic whether we have "B" WR's or "A" WR's doesn't really matter. If we can get Watkins and one of the top 3 LT's, I'd be good with it.

I'd rather have Watkins and a safety or a guard,center.. don't want a tackle, we're set there.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I'd rather have Watkins and a safety or a guard,center.. don't want a tackle, we're set there.

Yeah man, that's the only thing we don't see eye to eye on; you have faith in Long's knee and I don't.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Tom Brady and the Patriots won their 3 Super Bowls before he got his weapons. Since? 0.

Best way to build a championship team? Franchise QB. Dominance in the trenches. Defense.(obviously, you need coaching too) Well, that's my opinion at least.

Sam doesn't need a WR to maximize his potential, he needs an OL. Was that way at Oklahoma too.

Frankly, I don't understand the idea to fight fire with fire. How did we almost beat Seattle this year? By running it down their throats. That's their weakness. Their pass defense is their strength.

iced

Tom Brady and the Patriots won their 3 Super Bowls before he got his weapons. Since? 0.

Disagree - cameras were the bigger factor :D

And we all saw how he is with Gronk vs not.

Best way to build a championship team? Franchise QB. Dominance in the trenches. Defense.(obviously, you need coaching too) Well, that's my opinion at least.

Sam doesn't need a WR to maximize his potential, he needs an OL. Was that way at Oklahoma too.

Frankly, I don't understand the idea to fight fire with fire. How did we almost beat Seattle this year? By running it down their throats. That's their weakness. Their pass defense is their strength.

Agreed - but you gotta be able to attack their strength too..That's how how they lost, at home, to Arizona. You have to be able to throw the football in football - you don't just concede to a teams strength.

Especially since this team is severely lacking at WR as it is...People are already questioning Sam while he has nothing to work with - give the kid somethin to work with and that helps the whole team, especially the running game.

You know as well as I do that this team is severely lacking a WR - and I don't expect to see a legitimate post season run with our current stable

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disagree - cameras were the bigger factor :D

And we all saw how he is with Gronk vs not.

Yet the Patriots managed to win nonetheless.

Agreed - but you gotta be able to attack their strength too..That's how how they lost, at home, to Arizona. You have to be able to throw the football in football - you don't just concede to a teams strength.

Especially since this team is severely lacking at WR as it is...People are already questioning Sam while he has nothing to work with - give the kid somethin to work with and that helps the whole team, especially the running game.

You know as well as I do that this team is severely lacking a WR - and I don't expect to see a legitimate post season run with our current stable

Here's the deal, though. We did throw the football...we threw it damn well when Sam had a running game and protection. With a struggling Tavon and Stedman not yet having gotten the offense down well enough to get off the pine.

Arizona? They scored 17 points and Palmer threw 4 interceptions in that game. I don't think passing won them that game.

I don't think this team is severely lacking at WR. I think they lack a true #1 WR. That's it. I'm content with the rest. And I don't have any sort of confidence that a rookie WR can come in and be a true #1 immediately.

I think we can sure as heck make a legitimate post-season run with our current stable...if we have a dominant OL and a defense that plays up to potential. Sam was on pace for 32 TDs to 9 Ints with a lesser version of the current stable. Give him better blocking, an improved run game(due to that better blocking) and a strong defense? Hell yea. We can make a run at the post-season. With or without that #1 WR.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Seattle will always be a punk expansion team.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
And...the latest Superbowl Champ.

Just goes to show that anyone can win a Superbowl. It's not the exclusive domain of the big name teams.

And I've been saying for a while now that there is no excuse for the Rams not to be back on top by now. Specifically, from the point where Devaney took over as GM in 2009, the Seahawks demonstrated that is enough time to build a Superbowl contender while Devaney did a much inferior job and the jury is still out on Fisher and Snead.

To my point though, the Seahawks Superbowl team had only two players that they acquired prior to 2009. Those are Mebane and Red Bryant. And Byrant is expected to be released now. That's it. Two players that were decent starters, but certainty not difference makers. Clearly, the Seahawks team was build in 3 years by Schnieder and Carroll. That's all it need take.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Just goes to show that anyone can win a Superbowl. It's not the exclusive domain of the big name teams.

And I've been saying for a while now that there is no excuse for the Rams not to be back on top by now. Specifically, from the point where Devaney took over as GM in 2009, the Seahawks demonstrated that is enough time to build a Superbowl contender while Devaney did a much inferior job and the jury is still out on Fisher and Snead.

To my point though, the Seahawks Superbowl team had only two players that they acquired prior to 2009. Those are Mebane and Red Bryant. And Byrant is expected to be released now. That's it. Two players that were decent starters, but certainty not difference makers. Clearly, the Seahawks team was build in 3 years by Schnieder and Carroll. That's all it need take.
That is an exceptional model and luck is involved, but they deserve credit and respect...they get both from me.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
That is an exceptional model and luck is involved, but they deserve credit and respect...they get both from me.

I wish we had John Schneider. That guy is special. I'd dump Snead in a heartbeat for him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I wish we had John Schneider. That guy is special. I'd dump Snead in a heartbeat for him.
I'm very happy with Snead at this point, it's hard work, instinct, luck, strength of draft, and need/a availability,

Last edited:

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I'm very happy with Snead at this point, it's hard work, instinct, luck, strength of draft, and need/a availability,
Don't get me wrong Schneider is a personnel genius (hated saying that) but whether i'm a RAMS fan or not, i'm picking Snead every day of the week. His draft day trades are legendary! And I love his philosophy of trading up and down to get YOUR guy. (y)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Don't get me wrong Schneider is a personnel genius (hated saying that) but whether i'm a RAMS fan or not, i'm picking Snead every day of the week. His draft day trades are legendary! And I love his philosophy of trading up and down to get YOUR guy. (y)
I like that too. And nobody is going to hit on everybody, you can't see into a player's soul.

iced

Yet the Patriots managed to win nonetheless.

Ahhh right - so cheating didn't play a gigantic role... got it...

Here's the deal, though. We did throw the football...we threw it damn well when Sam had a running game and protection. With a struggling Tavon and Stedman not yet having gotten the offense down well enough to get off the pine.

Arizona? They scored 17 points and Palmer threw 4 interceptions in that game. I don't think passing won them that game.

A Touchdown to michael Floyd most certainly did.... And it's not like Arizona has been some juggernaut running the ball - in fact, the exact opposite.
I don't think this team is severely lacking at WR. I think they lack a true #1 WR. That's it. I'm content with the rest. And I don't have any sort of confidence that a rookie WR can come in and be a true #1 immediately.
I'm not confident in anyone above Tavon Austin the depth chart.. sure, this team has great receivers for depth - nothing startin quality.
I think we can sure as heck make a legitimate post-season run with our current stable...if we have a dominant OL and a defense that plays up to potential. Sam was on pace for 32 TDs to 9 Ints with a lesser version of the current stable. Give him better blocking, an improved run game(due to that better blocking) and a strong defense? Hell yea. We can make a run at the post-season. With or without that #1 WR.
I don't see it with our current WR core