Seahawks Conference Call with Aaron Donald (9/14)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LOS ANGELES RAMS DT AARON DONALD
CONFERENCE CALL

(On what challenge the Seattle offense presents to him)
“We know what to expect, we know the plays they get. We know it’s going to be a dog fight, we know we need to try to cage [Russell] Wilson, have to get to him. It should be a good match, we match up against them well and we pretty much have a good feel for them.”

(On whether they consider the possibility of Russell Wilson not being 100 percent with his ankle)
“The goal is if he plays, I know if he’s out there he’s going to play his all and I know every time he’s on the field it’s an opportunity for him to hurt us. So we’re just going to take him like we would any other time of the season if he wasn’t slowed down or whatever. I know if he’s on the field he’s going to try to make some plays for them and our job is to stop that from happening.”

(On their win against the Seahawks in last year’s season opener)
“I think it was a good team win. The offense and defense, we all did our job like we were supposed to. We planned on what we’d been doing and we executed that game plan. Just the game plan that we usually had usually works for us. We have a game plan going into this week. We know that already and we know that we have to execute as we get ready for Sunday.”

(On why they are able to play so well against the Seahawks)
“Like I said, we play these guys twice a year, every year, and we have a feel for them. Just like they have a feel for us, they know what to expect, they know our personnel, they know how we play, so it’s the usual dog fight.”

(On how much shifting he’s doing on the defensive line)
“Same thing as last year. We flipped around, I might be on the right side or I might be on the left side. We flip a lot, wherever the strength’s at and things like that, they’re going to put me there. They’re going to put me in positions to do what I do.”

(On having a home game on Sunday)
“I’m pumped up about it. We’re back in LA, we know the fans are going to be pumped up about it. A home game in LA, we know it’s going to be loud, I’m excited and pumped up to get out there and play at our home stadium.”

(On whether he is getting antsy for getting his first sack of the season)
“I’ll get it, it’s going to come. It’s going to come, I just have to keep playing and doing my game and not try to think too much of it. When I’m in the position I’m going to take advantage of it, but I’m not worried about it at all.”

(On the frustrating season opener for the Rams)
“Just moving on. That’s the past, nothing we can change, but just move on and prepare and get ready for the Seahawks.”

(On whether he’s worried he’ll receive a suspension for last game)
“No, I think I’m good. Everything is fine as far as that, so I just have to get prepared for the Seahawks and get ready to play them like we have to.”

(On Justin Britt)
“He’s a football player, he played tackle our rookie year when we were in there. Last year he was a guard and now he made the move to center. That’s the strength of their offensive line, a guy that’s versatile, that’s played all positions. He’s a football player. It’s going to be a dog fight, like I said.”

(On him losing weight this season)
“I had a belly. I just bulked up a little bit. I didn’t lose any weight, just put some muscle on. When you look good, you feel good, you play good.”

(On how he prepares for being double teamed)
“You just watch film. You study film and you find ways to beat being double teamed. You find a way to beat that and get the upper hand. There’s going to be a lot of things that might change, slide protection and things like that, but you just have to find ways so they won’t slow you down and continue to have success. Try to make some plays that will help you get the win, anything you can do to get in the best place to make some big plays. Just training, lifting weights. Like I said, studying a lot of film myself and technique. We’ll put the pads on, go on out and come practice time, try to work on the things that I trained to do in the offseason.”

(On whether he cares about being known as one of the best defensive linemen in the league)
“I feel like everybody who plays this game wants to become one of the great football players and be talked about. That’s always my mindset, to be talked about one day. I have a long way to go, but when you talk about the future you always talk about the Warren Sapps, the John Randles, the guys like that. One day, I put the body of work in and keep getting better each day, and I’ll be in that conversation one day.”

(On his collision with Marshawn Lynch last year)
“Just that big plays help us win. Michael Brockers made a great play, got to it late, he actually got there before me, and hit Lynch then I just went on too and helped clean it up. Whether it’s a divisional game or the first game of the season, that was a big win for us.”

(On whether it will be odd not playing against Marshawn Lynch)
“I’m not mad at it at all, that I’m not going to see that guy. That’s definitely a tough running back. It’s going to be different but I’m happy that guy isn’t suiting up.”

(On being on the West Coast time)
“I’m used to it, I had to get used to it. Everything is good so far and I’m enjoying it.”

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
LOS ANGELES RAMS DT AARON DONALD
CONFERENCE CALL

(On the frustrating season opener for the Rams)
“Just moving on. That’s the past, nothing we can change, but just move on and prepare and get ready for the Seahawks.”

(On whether he’s worried he’ll receive a suspension for last game)
“No, I think I’m good. Everything is fine as far as that, so I just have to get prepared for the Seahawks and get ready to play them like we have to.”

(On him losing weight this season)
“I had a belly. I just bulked up a little bit. I didn’t lose any weight, just put some muscle on. When you look good, you feel good, you play good.”

(On how he prepares for being double teamed)
“You just watch film. You study film and you find ways to beat being double teamed. You find a way to beat that and get the upper hand. There’s going to be a lot of things that might change, slide protection and things like that, but you just have to find ways so they won’t slow you down and continue to have success. Try to make some plays that will help you get the win, anything you can do to get in the best place to make some big plays. Just training, lifting weights. Like I said, studying a lot of film myself and technique. We’ll put the pads on, go on out and come practice time, try to work on the things that I trained to do in the offseason.”

(On whether he cares about being known as one of the best defensive linemen in the league)
“I feel like everybody who plays this game wants to become one of the great football players and be talked about. That’s always my mindset, to be talked about one day. I have a long way to go, but when you talk about the future you always talk about the Warren Sapps, the John Randles, the guys like that. One day, I put the body of work in and keep getting better each day, and I’ll be in that conversation one day.”

(On his collision with Marshawn Lynch last year)
“Just that big plays help us win. Michael Brockers made a great play, got to it late, he actually got there before me, and hit Lynch then I just went on too and helped clean it up. Whether it’s a divisional game or the first game of the season, that was a big win for us.”

(On whether it will be odd not playing against Marshawn Lynch)
“I’m not mad at it at all, that I’m not going to see that guy. That’s definitely a tough running back. It’s going to be different but I’m happy that guy isn’t suiting up.”

(On being on the West Coast time)
“I’m used to it, I had to get used to it. Everything is good so far and I’m enjoying it.”

Keep your COOL AD.. You came into this league as a humble bright star and the Rams need you to be the humble warrior and defensive leader for many years to come.

aaron-donald-slams-helmet-down-against-49ers.gif