Seahawks Close to making Sherman Highest paid CB in NFL.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Seahawks, CB Sherman nearing long-term deal
6660.jpg

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Seahawks and LCB Richard Sherman "have made considerable progress" on a long-term deal that will make Sherman the highest-paid corner in the NFL.
The sides are "hopeful" the deal will be completed by the draft, and it's expected to be worth north of $13 million annually. Darrelle Revis is currently the top-paid corner in the league at $12 million for 2014. Aqib Talib sets the bar in terms of guaranteed money with $26 million. Sherman should shatter that. The 2011 fifth-rounder just turned 26 last month and is entering the final year of his deal.
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
Apr 22 - 11:49 AM

Bout time they had to start paying some of these guys. They lost a lost of players this year and will lose even more next year after paying Earl Thomas and Russel Wilson.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Good the Seahawks need to deal with Salary Cap problems. Russell Wilson is the Seahawk's 3rd highest paid quarterback.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I agree; Add in Wilson next year at $18-21 million and then the Free Safety Thomas at $10+million and now we are talking a $35+million cap hit...well not really, but in theory it will average that amount over the next 4 years.....then no more free agents for Seattle....not that they need it....but still they need a few offensive lineman, and a good WR..and in a few years they will need another corner and DT....so 2016 we will smash them AND WIN.

THAT SOUNDS so depressing; really, I think we can beat them in 2014 and 2015, but I don't theink we can take the division...just yet

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
This is the beginning of the end for the Seahawks. Soon they will be stuck in salary cap hell after they have to sign Earl Thomas and Russell Wilson. Yeah, they'll be able to stay good for a while, but their depth will be eroded and soon they will be terrible. And I will love every minute of their horribleness. I can't wait to see how great their "12th man" is once they're terrible

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Things are going to start balancing out with all the money the Whiners and Shitgulls are going to have to pay these guys. Let their roster purges begin!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Bradford, Long, JL, soon Quinn... It's not like they are hit any harder than us with their top guys.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
If you ask me, Sherman owes half his salary to Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor anyway.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Bradford, Long, JL, soon Quinn... It's not like they are hit any harder than us with their top guys.
I was thinkin the same thing. Plus we have Cook and Saffold as high dolla guys on the books currently too.
We need to have a damn good draft this year

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo

Yea after we finish 2014 as NFC Champs. These said players will either restructure and/or resign on a team cap friendly deal...they'll be convinced we have a formidable TEAM. ;)

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
If you ask me, Sherman owes half his salary to Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor anyway.

And to Carrols system. Him and Earl are pretty much perfect complements to each other in it. If it's me, I'm making sure Earl gets paid/locked up before RS or anyone on the entire team for that matter. Another huge part of Shermans game is the confidence he plays with. Let's see how confident he stays without that closing speed and instinctive ability behind him.

jap

Legend
Yeah, make Sherman the highest paid CB. When Tavon runs by him for TD's and Quick or Britt trucks over him, the 'Hawks will find out first hand what they paid for. :sneaky::ROFLMAO: