Seacawks release '13 4th rd pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Seahawks waive fourth-round WR Chris Harper
Chris Harper | FA
(August 31, 2013 7:31 PM EDT)
Seahawks waived WR Chris Harper.
It's just the latest example of "everyone competes" in Seattle, but it's still extremely unusual for a team to cut ties with a fourth-round pick after only four months. Harper was badly out-played by second-year UDFA WR Jermaine Kearse, however, and it cost him his roster spot. The Seahawks will now try to stash Harper on the practice squad, but there's a strong chance he'll get claimed. Standing in at 6-foot-1, 229 pounds, Harper posted a 4.55 40-yard dash and 35.5-inch vertical leap at the Combine. He also recorded the highest Wonderlic of any receiver. :shock:
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Sounds like they have a well stocked WR corps despite losing Harvin for the season.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
albefree69 said:
Sounds like they have a well stocked WR corps despite losing Harvin for the season.

Lots of very average receivers as far as i'm concerned. I don't know about anyone else but the combo of Golden Taint, Dougl Baldwin and Sidney Rice doesn't exactly strike fear into my heart.
Finnegan, Jenkins et al should have no problem covering those guys, one would hope.

Though i'm aware you may have a differing opinion on JJ :sly:

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
It's stopping Lynch I'm concerned about.

As bad as the Rams drafts have been I don't think we ever cut a 4th round pick the same year we drafted him. That's gotta make them feel good about their ability to judge talent. :lmao:

Forgot to make that part blue. :nono:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Scoring high on the Wonderlic is no "walk in the cake". :lol:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
albefree69 said:
It's stopping Lynch I'm concerned about.

As bad as the Rams drafts have been I don't think we ever cut a 4th round pick the same year we drafted him. That's gotta make them feel good about their ability to judge talent. :lmao:

Forgot to make that part blue. :nono:

Remember Jon Alston?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Alston was drafted in the third round (77th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft by the St. Louis Rams. In 2006 he made 2 special teams tackles for the Rams. On September 1, 2007, he was released by the Rams.

At least he made it through the first year. :lol:
See, now that's good drafting.

F. Mulder

Starter
I liked Harper coming out, as a 4th/5th WR type. He'll end up on someone's PS but I can see him active next year with some NFL team.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
albefree69 said:
Alston was drafted in the third round (77th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft by the St. Louis Rams. In 2006 he made 2 special teams tackles for the Rams. On September 1, 2007, he was released by the Rams.

While mostly as a backup; managed to stick on the Oakland roster for 3 years after the Rams... logging 8 starts.

Still... that was a washout of a selection.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
BatteringRambo said:
Seahawks waive fourth-round WR Chris Harper
Chris Harper | FA
(August 31, 2013 7:31 PM EDT)
Seahawks waived WR Chris Harper.
It's just the latest example of "everyone competes" in Seattle, but it's still extremely unusual for a team to cut ties with a fourth-round pick after only four months. Harper was badly out-played by second-year UDFA WR Jermaine Kearse, however, and it cost him his roster spot. The Seahawks will now try to stash Harper on the practice squad, but there's a strong chance he'll get claimed. Standing in at 6-foot-1, 229 pounds, Harper posted a 4.55 40-yard dash and 35.5-inch vertical leap at the Combine. He also recorded the highest Wonderlic of any receiver. :shock:
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
But I thought Seattle was the greatest drafting team in the history of sports.

Also the whiners are too (AJ Jenkins)

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
It just points out what a crap shoot the draft really is. The really good GM/coach combinations probably have a 15% higher success rate than the mediocre ones. I pulled that number out of my butt so don't get excited. :lol:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
albefree69 said:

Yeah you're right. I thought he was cut the same year.