Scrimmage Observations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Sam Bradford looked excellent. His throws were on point and be was hitting receivers in stride. Very good day for Sam

Jared Cook can't be covered one on one. He looked great today. He and Sam had a nice seam play. If he can play like he did today on Sundays he will be worth every penny of that contract.

Tavon Austin showed why we traded up to get him. He and Sam look to have great chemistry.

Our defensive line may be the best in the league. Hopefully our offensive line plays better against other fronts.

Alec Ogletree was active. Even though he is a linebacker he may be the fastest guy on the field. He plays incredibly fast.

TJ McDonald made great pass breakup in the corner of the end zone. He is starting to look like a good third round pick.

Benny Cunningham looked good in live drills.

QB number 3 is terrible.

Team looked to be having a lot of fun.

If healthy this is a playoff team.

The level of offensive talent from this years scrimmage compared to last years is unreal. Last year nobody outside Amendola could get open. This year guys like Cook and Austin we separating with ease.

Quick seperated well but didn't catch too well today.

Bottom line is the offensive talent is noticeably improved. Plus Bradford looked outstanding. Best I've seen him live.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
IMO Jared Cook is the non-existent "key" to this team's success, not Tavon. He just seems like if he's out there and gives it his all, the offense will go.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Terrific to hear about Bradford. If he can stay upright and lead the charge, the sky is the limit for this team. That's really the main thing our rival fans say against the Rams, too. They say we're too young and have Bradford... it gets ugly.

Cook will be BIG for us this year.

Can't wait to see the 1st unit destroy Cleveland!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is the deal with Quick regarding the bad day? Did he have butter fingers or alligator arms? First, he couldn't get the playbook down, now questionable hands. I hope this was just a bad day. We really need him to be great and not inconsistent. Thanks for the report. It all looks good except for a bad day for Quick.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Angry Ram said:
IMO Jared Cook is the non-existent "key" to this team's success, not Tavon. He just seems like if he's out there and gives it his all, the offense will go.
Agreed.

BobCarl

Rookie
Angry Ram said:

I see it slightly differently .... because of Tavon, Cook will get a lot of one-on-one coverage. And because of Cook's success Tavon will get a lot of underneath coverage and have a lot of situations where only the FS will be between him and the goal line. Tavon will win those more often than not

I see it as they are greater than the sum of them apart. .

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Speaking of Quick's drops in the scrimmage, I'm reminded of Kendrick's first year when he dropped just about everything thrown his way.

For all intents and purposes Quick's rookie season may as well have been a redshirt year. He seems to be doing much better at having learned how to run routes correctly but may be still thinking too much.

Unlike a lot of others I'm not expecting huge numbers from Quick this season. I do think he'll be better and more involved in the offense than last season but believe he's a prime example of a player who will need a full three years to really develop into a dependable threat in the passing game.

I do think he will get there eventually and be a heck of a player for us in the long run..

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Lunchbox said:
Speaking of Quick's drops in the scrimmage, I'm reminded of Kendrick's first year when he dropped just about everything thrown his way.

For all intents and purposes Quick's rookie season may as well have been a redshirt year. He seems to be doing much better at having learned how to run routes correctly but may be still thinking too much.

Unlike a lot of others I'm not expecting huge numbers from Quick this season. I do think he'll be better and more involved in the offense than last season but believe he's a prime example of a player who will need a full three years to really develop into a dependable threat in the passing game.

I do think he will get there eventually and be a heck of a player for us in the long run..

In the long run may be the key. Quick may not do much for us until year 3. Of course, he will be crucified if he doesn't put up at least decent numbers this year. I hope all will be patient and check out some other star WR's numbers after two seasons in the NFL.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Ramhusker with the patience of Job:
In the long run may be the key. Quick may not do much for us until year 3. Of course, he will be crucified if he doesn't put up at least decent numbers this year. I hope all will be patient and check out some other star WR's numbers after two seasons in the NFL.
I agree with that but I expect to see significant improvement. Course that wouldn't take much would it?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Lunchbox said:

[hilite]For all intents and purposes Quick's rookie season may as well have been a redshirt year. He seems to be doing much better at having learned how to run routes correctly but may be still thinking too much.[/hilite]

I completely agree with the hi lited portion. He have very poor WR coaching in college, ran like three routes, and played for a small school. Last year should have been taken as a red shirt year and this year more of a rookie WR year...that won't stop people on Rams Talk from complaining about a "wasted 2nd round bust".