Screw it. I'm doing a mock too.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
First Round:

#22 (from CLE for their 1st, 2nd and 5th rounder this year) Michael Floyd - WR
Holmgren has to save face after his bitch-fest recently, so he can repair two bridges by (a) trading with the Rams, and (b) getting a QB. CLE takes Tannehill with the #6 overall. With the Rams, there are too many pundits that rate Blackmon and Floyd close together. As such, Snead/Fisher don't have to assign huge value to a receiver, and they get a guy who comes from a pro-style offense while picking up extra picks (winning). Floyd's a big receiver, faster than Blackmon, and has added run-blocking to his skill-set. 28 TD's over his college career is not only a ND record, but also something SORELY lacking from this team in recent years. Bradford needs a redzone target in the worst way, and this is the best way to get him one.

Second Round:

#33 Mike Adams - OT
Yep. I did it. I gave the Rams another tackle with their first 2nd rounder (again). But so what? Now they have 3 in the second round, and Bradford needs to have time in the pocket to find his shiny new receiver. It's time put together an O-line and stick with it. Field the best bookends between Smith, Saffold and Adams, and make the loser the swing-man. Or part ways with Smith/move him to guard. Either way, fix that nonsensical line once and for all.

#37 (from CLE) - David Wilson - RB
It would be a dream scenario if he falls here. OT trumps HB, and if Wilson makes it past the Colts then we're in good shape here. I've watched a lot of video on Wilson, and this kid has balance for days. Quick burst through the line, bounces off of tacklers, top-end speed, and gives Fisher his 3rd down back who can be molded to some day replace Jackson. Play -- maker.

#39 (from WSH) - Kendall Reyes - DT
Big, strong, athletic, versatile, and named Kendall. How cool would it be to have two DT's named Kendall? I smell a catch-phrase in the making on the Rams' defense, and Reyes/Langford isn't sexy enough. I want announcers to start falling over themselves to come up with a cool-ass nickname for the Rams' interior line. Do it.

Third Round

#66 Lavonte David - OLB
Big, blazing, hard-hitter, stout against the run. If he's not there, I've been watching videos of Jonathan Massaquoi too. I like him doing a reverse Leonard Little with the Rams. Take him from DE, stand him up, and let him rip. Big fast kid who can drop in coverage and is an excellent pass-rusher. Kind of a tweener, and I'm sure nobody wants to hear tweener with the #66 overall. Still, I was impressed.

That's as far as I'm going. I'm not a video-grinder, and I don't watch a huge amount of college ball, so I'm not going past the third round. For those who want to, I went and got our 5th rounder back that we lost when we picked up B Lloyd, so have at it.

And hey, if what I came up with sucks, then so be it. :razzed:

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
X said:
First Round:

#22 (from CLE for their 1st, 2nd and 5th rounder this year) Michael Floyd - WR
Holmgren has to save face after his bitch-fest recently, so he can repair two bridges by (a) trading with the Rams, and (b) getting a QB. CLE takes Tannehill with the #6 overall. With the Rams, there are too many pundits that rate Blackmon and Floyd close together. As such, Snead/Fisher don't have to assign huge value to a receiver, and they get a guy who comes from a pro-style offense while picking up extra picks (winning). Floyd's a big receiver, faster than Blackmon, and has added run-blocking to his skill-set. 28 TD's over his college career is not only a ND record, but also something SORELY lacking from this team in recent years. Bradford needs a redzone target in the worst way, and this is the best way to get him one.

Second Round:

#33 Mike Adams - OT
Yep. I did it. I gave the Rams another tackle with their first 2nd rounder (again). But so what? Now they have 3 in the second round, and Bradford needs to have time in the pocket to find his shiny new receiver. It's time put together an O-line and stick with it. Field the best bookends between Smith, Saffold and Adams, and make the loser the swing-man. Or part ways with Smith/move him to guard. Either way, fix that nonsensical line once and for all.

#37 (from CLE) - David Wilson - RB
It would be a dream scenario if he falls here. OT trumps HB, and if Wilson makes it past the Colts then we're in good shape here. I've watched a lot of video on Wilson, and this kid has balance for days. Quick burst through the line, bounces off of tacklers, top-end speed, and gives Fisher his 3rd down back who can be molded to some day replace Jackson. Play -- maker.

#39 (from WSH) - Kendall Reyes - DT
Big, strong, athletic, versatile, and named Kendall. How cool would it be to have two DT's named Kendall? I smell a catch-phrase in the making on the Rams' defense, and Reyes/Langford isn't sexy enough. I want announcers to start falling over themselves to come up with a cool-ass nickname for the Rams' interior line. Do it.

Third Round

#66 Lavonte David - OLB
Big, blazing, hard-hitter, stout against the run. If he's not there, I've been watching videos of Jonathan Massaquoi too. I like him doing a reverse Leonard Little with the Rams. Take him from DE, stand him up, and let him rip. Big fast kid who can drop in coverage and is an excellent pass-rusher. Kind of a tweener, and I'm sure nobody wants to hear tweener with the #66 overall. Still, I was impressed.

That's as far as I'm going. I'm not a video-grinder, and I don't watch a huge amount of college ball, so I'm not going past the third round. For those who want to, I went and got our 5th rounder back that we lost when we picked up B Lloyd, so have at it.

And hey, if what I came up with sucks, then so be it. :razzed:
I dig the trade scenario but im hoping Poe drops into the 2nd somehow, someway. Probably never gonna happen though.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I love your draft. In the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th, I think you'd look for another OLB, another WR, another OL, and DB/TE/RB.
I really like Lavonte David as an OLB. He is a ball hawk that has good speed and great instincts. This is the "new" prototype OLB for a pass happy NFL.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm not a fan of Adams at all, and I doubt that Floyd, Wilson, and David will be available at those spots. However, this isn't a bad mock, and my opinions are just as inaccurate as the rest of the world's.

steferfootball

Starter
Ashlon Jeffery in the second would be a good deal imo.

Also, not a fair trade for us. Trade Chart:

#6 = 1600

#22 = 780
#37 = 530

1600 - 780 - 530 = 290 which is nearly equal to the value of the 61st overall pick (29th pick in the second round -- it is worth 292).

This doesn't account for the inflation of top 10 picks since the implementation of the rookie pay scale.

EDIT: I missed the 5th rounder, but that still isn't on a level playing field. Get me more picks! :twisted:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I think you did a good job, and I would take that draft...just a few things:

1. I'm not sure Cleveland is willing to make that trade. If they're not willing to take Tannehill at #4, then why would they at #6, yet alone trade a lot of picks to do it?

2. I'm not a Mike Adams fan. He just reminds me of Alex Barron

3. I realize that a lot of people are now ranking Floyd and Blackmon close together. If that's the case, what makes you think he'll last until #22? Seriously, if he's as good as some pundits say, I think he'll go in the top 15 and almost certainly the top 20

4. If Richardson is still there at #6, I think the Snisher team takes him

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brokeu91 said:
I think you did a good job, and I would take that draft...just a few things:

1. I'm not sure Cleveland is willing to make that trade. If they're not willing to take Tannehill at #4, then why would they at #6, yet alone trade a lot of picks to do it?

2. I'm not a Mike Adams fan. He just reminds me of Alex Barron

3. I realize that a lot of people are now ranking Floyd and Blackmon close together. If that's the case, what makes you think he'll last until #22? Seriously, if he's as good as some pundits say, I think he'll go in the top 15 and almost certainly the top 20

4. If Richardson is still there at #6, I think the Snisher team takes him
Thanks for the input. It's all just for fun anyway, so let's go down the list.

1. I think they take Blackmon at #4 (or Richardson) and THEN get the QB. That way if they lose their second rounder, it's not a huge loss. They still get the two picks in succession. I might have to tack on another pick though, as stefer pointed out. Not a fair exchange. Maybe we get another one from them next year.

2. Fair enough. I like his elite height and weight, and his attitude. We probably wouldn't see much of him getting bull-rushed, but I do agree he has to work on his technique. Since we're not going to be a zone blocking team anymore, he has time to work on that while playing the role of road grader. Just a straight-ahead tackle with bulk who could fit the scheme here. Big in the trenches.

3. I think he drops because of the alcohol history. I also think Wright might go before him too. Again, this is all about size. I think this team is going to get bigger in some areas, and faster in others. Floyd has a nice combination of both. If this coaching staff is the one that can "rehabilitate" troubled athletes, then show me.

4. That wouldn't break my heart.