Scouts Take On Manziel: He's Another Favre

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

Scouts take on Manziel: He's another Favre

NFL scout says that Texas A&M QB will play hard, but do it his way

By Jason Cole

[www.nationalfootballpost.com]

After completing his season with Texas A&M, quarterback Johnny Manziel dodged questions about whether he would turn pro early. It has been long assumed that Manziel would declare for the NFL draft.

However, the question of how good Manziel will be in the NFL lingers. One scout recently compared Manziel to retired quarterback Brett Favre, who was a second-round pick and went on to have an extraordinary career.

“He’s Favre,” the scout said. “On Sunday, he’s going to play his (butt) off. The rest of the week, he’s going to do what he wants to do.”

The scout said that was a combination of both great and sometimes bad habits. While Favre was a great player and worked hard at his craft, he also enjoyed having a good time.

“If you tell him not to go drink, he’s not going to listen. He’s going to go drink,” the scout said of Manziel. “If you can tell him not to chase (women). He’s going to chase (women). That’s just who he is and he’s going to do what he wants. I think he’s going to be great, but you’re going to have to deal with him on his terms.”

The same scout predicted before the 2012 draft that Russell Wilson would eventually become an outstanding quarterback.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
He's a gunslinger, no doubt. Whoever takes him will have to take the good with the bad, on the field and off.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's a gunslinger, no doubt. Whoever takes him will have to take the good with the bad, on the field and off.

But man, at QB in the NFL that stuff doesn't go over too well. Sounds like a coach killer to me..

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Yeah, personally I don't think he will be a great NFL QB. I think he will be a gambler that doesn't win those bets enough. There aren't too many guys out there like Favre who can play on the edge and succeed..,

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Scouts take on Manziel: He's another Favre

NFL scout says that Texas A&M QB will play hard, but do it his way

By Jason Cole

[www.nationalfootballpost.com]

After completing his season with Texas A&M, quarterback Johnny Manziel dodged questions about whether he would turn pro early. It has been long assumed that Manziel would declare for the NFL draft.

However, the question of how good Manziel will be in the NFL lingers. One scout recently compared Manziel to retired quarterback Brett Favre, who was a second-round pick and went on to have an extraordinary career.

“He’s Favre,” the scout said. “On Sunday, he’s going to play his (butt) off. The rest of the week, he’s going to do what he wants to do.”

The scout said that was a combination of both great and sometimes bad habits. While Favre was a great player and worked hard at his craft, he also enjoyed having a good time.

“If you tell him not to go drink, he’s not going to listen. He’s going to go drink,” the scout said of Manziel. “If you can tell him not to chase (women). He’s going to chase (women). That’s just who he is and he’s going to do what he wants. I think he’s going to be great, but you’re going to have to deal with him on his terms.”

The same scout predicted before the 2012 draft that Russell Wilson would eventually become an outstanding quarterback.

The last line says it all about this nimrod.

Good luck to any team STUPID enough to draft this jackass high.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
He will put people in the stands. And he will win games.

Last time i checked that's why they started the NFL in the first place.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I hope he TEARS UP the combine and teams start to think they can't do without him. Let the bidding begin!! :D

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He does thrown some ballsy passes, but the arm strength isn't even close from what I've seen. He will be exciting. He's still a dick

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Well he might be a reminder of Farvre except for his arm. That's kinda of a big deal for a gunslinger.

But come on Browns fall in love with him. We will cut you the same deal as did for Bob GIII, except we will take your extra first this year.....You're just going to screw it up anyway.