Scouting the Texans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

had

Rookie
Re: Scouting the Texans

Wonderboy said:
X said:
mr.stlouis said:
If we can win in the trenches then anything can happen. :cool:

[hilite]I'm picking Houston, though[/hilite]. Rams haven't proved themselves on the road. :|
I'll never understand that. Maybe you're being facetious ... I dunno.

Going in, I think I'd rather be wrong about a win than right about a loss.

Amen! Why is it so important to be able to say, "I told you so!"? Count me unimpressed. The only reason someone would put that down is so you can say, "Yea I knew that was gonna happen" down the road. Who cares!

It seems like there are two groups forming in here. One group appears to be saddled with doom, and the other seems to be irritated by it.

It's kind of silly, to me, to go into the game day thread, and on page 3 some guy is saying Bradford is done, and another guy is saying that this team is just awful, when the game is barely underway. But, given the last few years, and the utter futility of the Rams these last few games, I do think it's understandable.

I think it would help if guys tried to relax a little. I think this team is short on confidence. I think Bradford is trying to step forward. I think the team lacks discipline in all facets, which, to me, is a big problem with the coaching and the pre-season preparation.

But they won today, and the abyss teams of the recent past might not have. And we've got young kids on this team whose careers are on the line. And this f*cking team is our f*cking team.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

It's sure lining up that they will want to win this game bad. But for once, why don't the Rams get angry and take it TO their opponent?

A55VA6

Legend

Rams can beat them, but it'll be tough. Young team on the road..

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Add me to the group that's irritated with the doom and gloom!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Wonderboy said:
X said:
mr.stlouis said:
If we can win in the trenches then anything can happen. :cool:

[hilite]I'm picking Houston, though[/hilite]. Rams haven't proved themselves on the road. :|
I'll never understand that. Maybe you're being facetious ... I dunno.

Going in, I think I'd rather be wrong about a win than right about a loss.

Amen! Why is it so important to be able to say, "I told you so!"? Count me unimpressed. The only reason someone would put that down is so you can say, "Yea I knew that was gonna happen" down the road. Who cares!

I can't agree more. Being able to say "I told you so" doesn't make the loss or a player failing sting any less.

The whole "I told you so" statement just wreaks of pettiness...even when it's warranted. The knowledge that I made a correct evaluation has always been enough reward for me. No reason to rub someone else's nose in it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Rabid Ram said:

That's why I rarely post here during the game. I get too emotional and say things that I don't really mean.

The only time I post here is when I feel as level-headed as I can be and think I have an observation worth making.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

jrry32 said:
Rabid Ram said:

That's why I rarely post here during the game. I get too emotional and say things that I don't really mean.

The only time I post here is when I feel as level-headed as I can be and think I have an observation worth making.
Your not in the doom and gloom camp Jrry :p the only post of yours I didn't like was you hypothetical trade of Bradford lol but you still backed that up with facts not emotions.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Rabid Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Rabid Ram said:

Your not in the doom and gloom camp Jrry :p the only post of yours I didn't like was you hypothetical trade of Bradford lol but you still backed that up with facts not emotions.

Good. I try not to be that bad. I would hate being "that guy" on this board. I give my opinion but I try not to let agenda influence what I'm saying. Only what I am seeing on the field.

As far as Bradford is concerned, I'm stuck on neutral with him. Lost the confidence I had that he's the solution but I've not given up on him quite yet. Just worried. Willing to go either way on him...the play on the field will influence that. :cool:

iced

Mojo Ram said:
So it looks like the Rams have to yet again face an angry opponent coming off a loss.
Atlanta
Dallas
SF
Houston

okay if we're going to do this "team coming off a loss" then we need to add Jacksonville to that list...

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Wow you guys are overreacting to my post lol. So I guess I'm the poster child for the "gloomers" now. I was hit as hard as anybody by the early season results, maybe harder because I talked so much smack on other boards. I am hoping this is a different team rising with the additions of Stacy and Dunbar's added contribution. This team certainly looked different with them two on the field and we didn't miss Finnegan at all today. Is this team on the rise? I sure hope so. Looking at the Texans game objectively, meaning no homerism (a concept some struggle to grasp around here), Foster and Johnson have the edge in Texas. Seems I've been wrong all year on the Rams, hopefully this prediction gets squashed in the dirt. I'm learning to be OK about being wrong on the Rams. When they fool me so often it becomes less painful. But whatever, I'm gonna let you do all the squabbling. You take more interest in it than I do. After talking up the Rams on the Seahawk boards before the season I've humbled my football tune. It's pretty crushing...

And does the "I'd rather be wrong about a Rams win than right about a loss" mentality help your credibility? Being right establishes your credibility and I'll be the first to tell you mine is sucking through 5 games. So yeah... don't even listen to me hahaha.

(Man, that did come off a bit on the fascious side, didn't it? I like your opinion X. You're good with me...)

iced

if you thought the bradford bashing has been bad,check out the texan fans on schaub lol

<a class="postlink" href="http://boards.houstontexans.com/forumdisplay.php?s=45eb374186b748b6a287b35a5ae2e52a&f=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://boards.houstontexans.com/forumdi ... e2e52a&f=9</a>

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

mr.stlouis said:
Wow you guys are overreacting to my post lol. So I guess I'm the poster child for the "gloomers" now. I was hit as hard as anybody by the early season results, maybe harder because I talked so much smack on other boards. I am hoping this is a different team rising with the additions of Stacy and Dunbar's added contribution. This team certainly looked different with them two on the field and we didn't miss Finnegan at all today. Is this team on the rise? I sure hope so. Looking at the Texans game objectively, meaning no homerism (a concept some struggle to grasp around here), Foster and Johnson have the edge in Texas. Seems I've been wrong all year on the Rams, hopefully this prediction gets squashed in the dirt. I'm learning to be OK about being wrong on the Rams. When they fool me so often it becomes less painful. But whatever, I'm gonna let you do all the squabbling. You take more interest in it than I do. After talking up the Rams on the Seahawk boards before the season I've humbled my football tune. It's pretty crushing...

And does the "I'd rather be wrong about a Rams win than right about a loss" mentality help your credibility? Being right establishes your credibility and I'll be the first to tell you mine is sucking through 5 games. So yeah... don't even listen to me hahaha.

(Man, that did come off a bit on the fascious side, didn't it? I like your opinion X. You're good with me...)

Eh...I'd say credibility is established by the substance of your opinions and evaluations rather than how often you can "guess" correctly. But that's JMO.

But I don't think anyone is calling you the poster child of the gloomers. Your post simply spurred this discussion. I think most people are speaking more in generalities than talking to you.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

iced said:
if you thought the bradford bashing has been bad,check out the texan fans on schaub lol

<a class="postlink" href="http://boards.houstontexans.com/forumdisplay.php?s=45eb374186b748b6a287b35a5ae2e52a&f=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://boards.houstontexans.com/forumdi ... e2e52a&f=9</a>

Ugh... them drooling over Josh Freeman was enough for me. That'll turn your stomach.

On a side note, I really like Bradford as our QB. 3 out his 5 outings have been very solid. Just hope the young core of players and new comers really find their stride.

had

Rookie

jrry32 said:
Rabid Ram said:

This might get cleaned up by a moderator.

Jerry, I read your post about 6 pages into the game day thread. "Sorry guys (paraphrase), but Bradford is done."

So come on, dude. You're preaching to the choir.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

jrry32 said:
mr.stlouis said:

Eh...I'd say credibility is established by the substance of your opinions and evaluations rather than how often you can "guess" correctly. But that's JMO.

But I don't think anyone is calling you the poster child of the gloomers. Your post simply spurred this discussion. I think most people are speaking more in generalities than talking to you.

Yeah that's a nice spin on "credibility." I like that take better than my own. Can't be right all the time in terms of wins.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

had said:
jrry32 said:
Rabid Ram said:

This might get cleaned up by a moderator.

Jerry, I read your post about 6 pages into the game day thread. "Sorry guys (paraphrase), but Bradford is done."

So come on, dude. You're preaching to the choir.

You did a pretty poor job of paraphrasing(pg 16 BTW). As I just said, I get too emotional but I also put quite a bit of explanation into that post and the following posts as to why I was frustrated.

Which is why I tend to avoid the GDT here. I post on another board. I only made that post because I saw a really poor read...and as I said, being overly emotional during the game, I went a bit over the top with it.

I recognize that and am unafraid to admit to my faults. How about you?

had

Rookie

jrry32 said:
You did a pretty poor job of paraphrasing(pg 16 BTW). As I just said, I get too emotional but I also put quite a bit of explanation into that post and the following posts as to why I was frustrated.

Which is why I tend to avoid the GDT here. I post on another board. I only made that post because I saw a really poor read...and as I said, being overly emotional during the game, I went a bit over the top with it.

Thank you for pointing out the page. The exact quote was: "I'm sorry guys, Bradford is done."

I was right on, my man.

And then you come back in, trying to be more level minded, and drop the BS statement:

"The only time I post here is when I feel as level-headed as I can be and think I have an observation worth making."

I did not do a poor job of paraphrasing, my man.

You're tweedling around trying to take it all back. But you can't.

Deal.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

had said:
jrry32 said:

Thank you for pointing out the page. The exact quote was: "I'm sorry guys, Bradford is done."

I was right on, my man.

And then you come back in, trying to be more level minded, and drop the BS statement:

"The only time I post here is when I feel as level-headed as I can be and think I have an observation worth making."

I did not do a poor job of paraphrasing, my man.

You're tweedling around trying to take it all back. But you can't.

Deal.

jrry32 said:
I'm sorry guys, Bradford is done. He can't read the defense. Austin was clearly open. I saw that immediately. No one lined up over him. The quick out was wide open for a first. Instead, Bradford forced it into double coverage. He just doesn't read the defense.

That's the quote. It wasn't some one-liner. So no, you did do a poor job of paraphrasing. It would be like me choosing 3 words to take from your post and acting like it's a honest interpretation. That was my first post in the GDT. My third(part of my discussion with Dr. Ram) went into even greater detail of why I was frustrated:
jrry32 said:
There shouldn't have been. If you read the defense, Austin should have been your primary target. They had nobody lined up over him. The outside CB was off. It was clear zone. I read that before the play and drew a quick out to Austin on my screen.

Guess what he ran? A quick out. Our outside WR forced the CB off. Austin ran his quick out underneath it to space.

It was there. I saw it the whole time. That should have been Sam's first read if he's reading the defense pre-snap.

I know for a fact that he ran the quick out. So yes, I get frustrated. I watch great QBs play and see them almost always knowing who is going to get open. I don't see that in Sam.

A couple other comments I made during the game:
jrry32 said:
By the way, thought I'd add, Stacy is killing it imo thus far. Yes, Jax's rush defense is weak but Stacy is picking up yards after contact and breaking tackles. Our other HBs don't really do that.
jrry32 said:
Stacy is running hard. Great throw by Sam. Maybe he's getting some confidence back? He's starting to challenge the defense at multiple levels. Decent blocking also helps.

So no, I'm not some doom and gloomer that comes in here to post non-stop negative garbage. You chose one small part of a post to harp on.

And I'd also like to point out that I made around 10 posts total in the GDT during the game. On my other board, I'd say I made well over 100. Most of them are not things I'd like to remember saying. Because I take football very seriously and it's one of the few things where I let loose. I am overly emotional during games. I am a perfectionist. I want to see the Rams execute perfectly. When they don't, I get angry.

Which is why I opt to rarely post here during the game. I know X and the people here do not want someone dragging down the mood during the game by criticizing the players and coaches. I respect that. So I try to keep my posting in here to a minimum during the game. When I have an observation worth making, I make it. Some are still overly emotional and thus over the top. Such as getting frustrated with the coaches for pulling Stacy...a comment I later took back because I was alerted that he was hurt.

But I'm well aware of my flaws and I don't hide from them. However, to sit here and imply that I am some doom and gloomer because of one small part of one comment is a joke. It's ironic because I actually fall more on the optimist side of the spectrum on the other Rams forum I post on. I was accused of defending Sam today after the game.

As level-headed as I CAN BE is the key phrase...during the games...that's not too level-headed. Which is why I try to keep my distance. But I certainly don't just come on here to post negativity. I make positive posts when I see positive things worth pointing out and negative posts when I see negative things worth pointing out.

Go find another person to single out for your witch hunt.

had

Rookie

jrry32 said:
On my other board, I'd say I made well over 100. Most of them are not things I'd like to remember saying. Because I take football very seriously and it's one of the few things where I let loose. I am overly emotional during games. I am a perfectionist. I want to see the Rams execute perfectly. When they don't, I get angry.

Which is why I opt to rarely post here during the game. I know X and the people here do not want someone dragging down the mood during the game by criticizing the players and coaches. I respect that. So I try to keep my posting in here to a minimum during the game. When I have an observation worth making, I make it. Some are still overly emotional and thus over the top. Such as getting frustrated with the coaches for pulling Stacy...a comment I later took back because I was alerted that he was hurt.

But I'm well aware of my flaws and I don't hide from them. However, to sit here and imply that I am some doom and gloomer because of one small part of one comment is a joke. It's ironic because I actually fall more on the optimist side of the spectrum on the other Rams forum I post on. I was accused of defending Sam today after the game.

As level-headed as I CAN BE is the key phrase...during the games...that's not too level-headed. Which is why I try to keep my distance. But I certainly don't just come on here to post negativity. I make positive posts when I see positive things worth pointing out and negative posts when I see negative things worth pointing out.

Go find another person to single out for your witch hunt.

You are overly emotional during games. You're well aware of your faults.

However, to say that you're a doom saddled gloomer is a joke.

Dude, I really don't care if you think Sam is a bust, is "done", or if you think he's a messiah.

But I do think it is relevant to point out that you're in the GDT projecting Bradford's career as "done".

I'm not a moderator, and I don't play that game, but I took note of your early game prognosis that Same was "done".

I'm not going to go any further than pointing out that you claim to be posting only when level-headed, but posted early in the game that Sam was "done".

Which will require you to adjust one of your statements.

Witch hunt? Brother, please.

I respect your insights and have personally admitted that you educated me.

Check yourself, Jerry. And admit when you're wrong.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

and......... scene.

We all know that once we're talking about a poster - instead of about football - that the participants need to bow out.