Scouting the Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Already know Cedric Benson is on IR so gotta see if they have an adequate replacement, but MAY have to fight the wife for the clicker Baseball Cards in the NLCS.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This game isn't working out the way I wanted it to go.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I want the Texans to win, but for the Rams the Pack needs to win.

I swear there has to be some sort of emotional high that fucks w/ teams' mentality. Like when a team goes balls out in one of those "must win" games like GB is in tonight, next week they might come a little flat. I think that's what happened to the Rams today. Plus being on the road 2 weeks in a row as to take a toll. I might be reaching here, but I think the Rams will get GB at the perfect time.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:

I swear there has to be some sort of emotional high that fucks w/ teams' mentality. Like when a team goes balls out in one of those "must win" games like GB is in tonight, next week they might come a little flat. I think that's what happened to the Rams today. Plus being on the road 2 weeks in a row as to take a toll. I might be reaching here, but I think the Rams will get GB at the perfect time.

Not sure of ANY of that except the 2 weeks in a row thing.
But we do get a chance to beat a team that ended the second to last unbeaten teams perfect season.

The Seahawks showed us how to beat the Pack hopefully we can do it

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
Find a way to beat them please, I work with a green bay fan, and he is already running his lips. Six td passes...good grief!

Angry Ram

Thordaddy said:
Angry Ram said:

But we do get a chance to beat a team that ended the second to last unbeaten teams perfect season.

Well remember the Saints game last year? The week before they scored 60 points and were on cloud 9. Then next week they lay a dud against the Rams.

It happened to the Ravens week 1 last year, they put so much effort into beating the Steelers the next week they lose to the Titans.

It's fucked up football emotions man. It has to be.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Angry Ram said:
Thordaddy said:
Angry Ram said:

Well remember the Saints game last year? The week before they scored 60 points and were on cloud 9. Then next week they lay a dud against the Rams.

It happened to the Ravens week 1 last year, they put so much effort into beating the Steelers the next week they lose to the Titans.

It's fucked up football emotions man. It has to be.
Yeah there's something to be said for too much self satisfaction interfeering with a teams resolve, IMO it has a lot to do with why no perfect seasons happen,WHEN it sets in is the question and sometimes it's not the whole team just a player here and there.
Fisher should have full attention this week . AND MAYBE the Packers let down, but I'd rather kick their asses straight up.
Kinda like if we'dwon yesteday I wasn't worried how SF did , IMO if we don't beat them at least once playoffs are Jim Mora

bluecoconuts

Legend
I wanted the Packers to win. Dropping a close game against the Colts, and then losing to the Texans, there's not a chance in hell they don't come into the dome really fired up. Now that they're feeling good about themselves for beating an undefeated team, it's time we knock them down.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Sgt. Ram said:
Find a way to beat them please, I work with a green bay fan, and he is already running his lips. Six td passes...good grief!

When someone has a big game like Rodgers did, or when a team blows out another team, I always say they should have kept a few of those for the next game. It always seems like they are harder to come by when they come so easy the week before.

So, here is to Rodgers having a horrible game with more turnovers than touchdowns. And, with the Packers averaging 25.7 per game, they already used up 16.3 points (42-Actual vs. 25.7-Game Avg.) in their game versus Houston, so they will only score 9 in the game this Sunday.

GO RAMS! :cheese:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thordaddy said:

I dunno... you think WE can get three absolutely atrocious game changing calls thrown our way too? Yeah the Seacocks played them tough but.... beat them? Not so much.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
Thordaddy said:

I dunno... you think WE can get three absolutely atrocious game changing calls thrown our way too? Yeah the Seacocks played them tough but.... beat them? Not so much.

Well if we were seeding and considering "commons" we'd get a seed over the Pats.
As far as refs and calls go ,gotta wonder what rated crew we get since it's in London.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Someone will have to cover Jordy Nelson,3TDs against the Texans.

Gotta wonder if the Texans missed Cushings defensive adjustment calls as much as his physical play.

GB is an average team with two real supre stars Matthews and Rogers .
I really don't know if you can get and keep Rogers off his game for the whole thing, might be best to knock HIM out :shifty:

Angry Ram

Pack has a bunch of injuries too.

I don't think all those that went down Sunday night will be out, but you can expect that some guys will.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
If there is a silver lining, we are tied for #1 in the league in only allowing 4 passing TD's so far this year.
We'll need to stay that way to win this week. We can win if we keep it to 2TD's or less.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
bwdenverram said:
If there is a silver lining, we are tied for #1 in the league in only allowing 4 passing TD's so far this year.
We'll need to stay that way to win this week. We can win if we keep it to 2TD's or less.
We'll need to get after Rogers to achieve that.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
The game plan needs to be running the ball until all three running backs legs fall off. Then stay in man and hope he doesn't make plays with his feet.

Even if people doubt it, I still think this game is very winnable. The key will be stopping Rodgers scrambling with the ball with maybe only your d-line.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Username said:
The game plan needs to be running the ball until all three running backs legs fall off. Then stay in man and hope he doesn't make plays with his feet.

Even if people doubt it, I still think this game is very winnable. The key will be stopping Rodgers scrambling with the ball with maybe only your d-line.

One of my biggest concerns. He can roll off some big yards when the middle is left open.

F. Mulder

Starter
Rogers is almost better when he is flushed out of the pocket. He has a great sense for lateral movement and extending plays and his WRs help him out by coming back to the ball and becoming available. Frankly I think we are going to get spanked but if we are to be in this game it is going to have to be a game where the Offense (and Special Teams? or a Defensive TO/Points scored) are active. This won't be a 17-14 game. I think we need 24 to have a chance.