Scouting QB Jared Goff After 2 Games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
This is a old clip,but I just found it.It breaks down Goff's performance
in his first two starts.Goff is definitely doing some good things.
All this kid needs is solid coaching,some decent protection
and competent targets.He does too many little things well,to
think otherwise.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYslN9ROAFY

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Pretty good video. I think the areas where he tried to force things are just being a rookie. The more experience he gets the better he will be for sure. Can't wait to see in the new offense as well.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
He has the talent for sure, just needs support and playmakers to help him succeed . I think alot of the guys on offense didn't like the qb switch mid season.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder what he was saying after that saints game. We all know that was his best game and he showed some good things. That was the Saints though and the 2nd half of that game was terrible. Goff has a lot to work on. I don't expect it all to come together this year though new coach new scheme when he is still trying to learn how to be a NFL qb it's going to take some time

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
After the first half of the Saints game, I told my buddies in an elated state of mind that I had just seen exactly what I needed to see from JG. I went so far as to say that it didn't matter what he did the remainder of the season after that brilliant half. Never in my ugliest dreams did I think that he would actually....do nothing for the remainder of the season. Now I am not so sure. I really want to blame the inept coaching, porous OL play, lack of run support and WRs with the dropsies, but realistically, there is a ton of room for improvement. Here's hoping he makes a respectable jump in performance this year. Sam Bradford got all of these same excuses as I recall.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So much of QB play is scheme and preparation, as well as the quality of the other ten on the field with him. Goff has gotten so much flak it's crazy, and while I'll admit some of it was warranted I think it's gone way too far.

I just have to hope that he's gotten a hold of the Redskins' playbook and terminology and that he's been studying hard. Everything is riding on this dude right now man, and I pray he comes into camp on fire and lights this league up starting from the first series in preseason.

Ram65

Legend
The negative plays were Goff's lack of awareness on coverage. McVay has stated that Goff has to learn his pre snap reads and no where the coverage is shifted to. He will get all the reps with the one's this year and will be much better prepared. He has shown the arm talent and we know he will work at it. An improved OL and better playbook will also help his development. We should see him grow game after game.