Scottish Independence

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
After being a staunch no since this process began, I voted yes.

I love the UK but I feel that Westminster doesn't represent me any more.
Most of my family lives in Scotland.
My question with it this....it is a major change, taxes, public schooling, roads, services ect. Is Scotland going to be able to support itself independent of the UK. How much $$ will have to be compensated by a much smaller pool of people?
I dont know enough about it. But, in Colorado and a couple of US states there were motions (never really went anyway) to form a smaller state....usually this was based on political ideology, similar to what you have touched one. The reality regarding money and taxes was quite different.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"I have far more affinity with people in Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Cardiff etc than I do with the Westminster elite."

Just out of interest am I classed as "Westminster Elite" as I live near London or are you specifically talking about Politicians?

Specifically politicians, the majority of whom are public schoolboys and between whom the main tangible difference is the colour of their rosette.

The House of Lords is still unelected. It's 2014 for fucks sake.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't disagree with you there, all out for themselves and cheats as well. Can't stomach them.