Scott Wells limited in Saturday practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Nick Wagoner
http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/2411/scott-wells-limited-in-saturday-practice

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The Rams added center Scott Wells to the injury report Saturday, joining cornerback Cortland Finnegan and running back Benny Cunningham on the list. All three are listed as questionable on the injury report.

Fisher said Wells was "a little tight" at the beginning of practice so the team opted to hold him out of most of the final workout before Monday night's game against Seattle. He was listed as a limited participant with a thigh injury. Although it didn't appear to be anything too serious, Fisher said Tim Barnes would be ready to go at center if Wells is unable to go.

Finnegan also was downgraded from limited work the past two days to not practicing Saturday. Fisher said Finnegan got some work done inside. The only other player on the injury report is Cunningham, who is dealing with an ankle injury.

jap

Legend
Tim Barnes is the backup center. I don't know if Barrett has muscled enough for Couch Bou's taste yet.

jjab360

Legend
Wells is quietly having a pretty good year and isn't really that old in Center years. I don't get why so many people want to get rid of him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Wells is quietly having a pretty good year and isn't really that old in Center years. I don't get why so many people want to get rid of him.

Yes Wells who will 33 yrs old before this season ends is playing & attributing to this Ram team much more this season than 2012...maybe the answer to your question may be that very big 11 million cap hit he has cost us in 2012-2013 & the 13 mil cap hits yet to be paid for 2014-2015. The 6-2 300 pound Wells is the 6th highest paid starting center in the NFL. Yes I am happy with Wells play.

We ROD'mers might get the chance to see Tim Banks starting his first start @ center against the might Seattle DL I would suggest that if we do...the 6-4 308 pound Barnes play may be a pleasant surprise. Oh by the way Tim Barnes salary cap hit is $480K.