Scott Wells #1 in Pass Blocking Efficiency For Centers/PFF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Bk-NaZ6CYAA0sZ0.png:large

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
So the rest of the guys account for 35 sacks.

I wonder what Long and Saffolds numbers look like.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So does this mean that Alex Mack really shouldn't have been a Pro Bowler?

To be honest I don't put a lot of stock in PFF grading system for linemen. Too often what they say doesn't jive with what the eyes say.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
There is a reason the Rams kept Wells, he's a solid player when healthy.

But that's my big concern with this oline. Rinse and repeat; Saffold and Long.

I'd like 2 premium picks (3rd round and better) going toward this oline.

GreenMays

UDFA
Note that 'Pass Blocking Efficiency' is a pure stat based on sacks, hits, and hurries for all passing plays. This is not their pass block grading. For that Wells was more like 8th.

fearsomefour

Legend
Note that 'Pass Blocking Efficiency' is a pure stat based on sacks, hits, and hurries for all passing plays. This is not their pass block grading. For that Wells was more like 8th.
Either way that is solid performanc based on their grades. That is just their grades. Wells doesnt get much push in the running game,but, he was solid in the passing game.
Based on these stats Wells in underpaid, right?

iced

So the rest of the guys account for 35 sacks.

I wonder what Long and Saffolds numbers look like.
at LT and Guard, they graded out very highly.

it's the other guards and backups that didn't do so hot. LT, wells at C,RT, Saffold at Guard all had positive grades.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
There is a reason the Rams kept Wells, he's a solid player when healthy.

But that's my big concern with this oline. Rinse and repeat; Saffold and Long.

I'd like 2 premium picks (3rd round and better) going toward this oline.

I go back and forth on this all the time. I'm on a "draft playmakers" kick right now.

Clowney, Watkins, Pryor are my favorites. Drafting OL'man in the second and third rounds is fine with me.

iced

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/3/

13. St Louis Rams (26th)PB: 17th, RB: 9th, PEN: 26th

Stud: Many, ourselves included, wondered if Jake Long (+25.8) was done. He’d enjoyed a great start to his career in Miami but two so-so years left a lot to be desired. Well, this was the year he came back with a bang, and it’s a horrible shame his season ended with an ACL and MCL tear.

Dud: He may be a former first-rounder but Chris Williams (-21.8) is just a liability as a lineman. Far too much pressure, not enough good run blocking, and he’s the team’s weak link on offense.

Analysis: A step forward but perhaps not as much as they would have like to see. They nailed it with the pickup of Long and got surprisingly good play from Joe Barksdale, Shelley Smith and Rodger Saffold at guard. That would suggest a higher finish, but the interior trio of Williams, Harvey Dahl and Scott Wells really didn’t play up to the level that was needed of them.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
How did Wells grade out in the run game?

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Not bad for Mr. Wells. Wish he'd do some self meditation to help repair the damage in his body to last 16 games! If he comes through this year with our other O-Line draft picks we pick up we might have a top 5-6 O -Line.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The thing with our O-Line, if they're all healthy they could be formidable - I'd like a solid OL pickup early in the draft and third though ;)

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I am surprised he was #1---he is a smart and dedicated guy. Maybe Fisher has a reason for keeping him

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
You also have to notice that he played one of the lesser amount of snaps. So had he into the upper 500-600 snaps, he might not as graded out so well.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
But Wells biggest downfall has been the ability to stay healthy. He has not played an entire season since we signed him and he ain't getting any younger...