Scott Weiland - Dead at 48

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not a real shocker here but still sad. Another tragic life extinguished.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
We have some songs by him and his bands and an article in the Song of the Day thread if you're interested.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am.

For me it is also sad that I am not the least bit surprised by the news. It's a nasty thing that grips the mind so strongly.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Terrible, yet not surprising. Great voice and talent.
Loosing guys like Scott W. and L. Staley are just plain sucks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I always liked STP.

Scott was a great vocalist.

He claimed to be clean and sober, but this makes you wonder.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I, for one, was a huge fan of STP-Weiland growing up into my mid-teens. I followed them religiously through each album. I can also say I've seen STP, Velvet Revolver and Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts. The latter 2x in the last year at very small venues, which made it really cool to see him aspiring the "solo" career. Dude was ridiculously talented and it seems that road to recovery caught up to him. :([GALLERY=media, 26]Sw2 by BatteringRambo posted Dec 5, 2015 at 4:03 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 25]Sw by BatteringRambo posted Dec 5, 2015 at 4:03 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media,

fearsomefour

Legend
I have spoken to a couple of member about this in music threads or private conversations over the last couple of years when it came up.
I used to manage the studio that STP (then Mighty Joe Young) rehearsed at and wrote most of their first album at in San Diego. Cool guys. Weiland was sort of the exception to that. Major attitude and "rock star" nonsense even when he was unknown and had done nothing, still had the "F you, Im better than you" vibe. He used to piss in cups and leave them around the place. Sort of strange. But, very talented guy. I remember hanging out in the owners office, he said "I can sing about anything", Pete, the owner, said "The microwave." Weiland took about 5 seconds and belted out a song off the top of his head about the microwave, good melody and lyrics that rhymed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I have spoken to a couple of member about this in music threads or private conversations over the last couple of years when it came up.
I used to manage the studio that STP (then Mighty Joe Young) rehearsed at and wrote most of their first album at in San Diego. Cool guys. Weiland was sort of the exception to that. Major attitude and "rock star" nonsense even when he was unknown and had done nothing, still had the "F you, Im better than you" vibe. He used to pee pee in cups and leave them around the place. Sort of strange. But, very talented guy. I remember hanging out in the owners office, he said "I can sing about anything", Pete, the owner, said "The microwave." Weiland took about 5 seconds and belted out a song off the top of his head about the microwave, good melody and lyrics that rhymed.

Aren't most of best a little arrogant or "off"?

fearsomefour

Legend
Aren't most of best a little arrogant or "off"?
I have limited experience working too much with big name guys, but, yeah, it is not unusual. In my experience it is one of two personality types....very humble and super cool or a pain in the ass.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
loved STP, as to how he lived this long is a wonder. RIP Scott, you were amazing.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Makes one, at least me, really wonder about Life. I'm about ready to quit my job, sell the house for a major profit and bail to Costa Rica with a good friend. Sometimes life can seem too short to live week to week with a bullshit job when YOU know life is better out there somewhere. Sorry for the somewhat side related rant.

ohiorams

Rookie
I used to manage the studio that STP (then Mighty Joe Young) rehearsed at and wrote most of their first album at in San Diego. Cool guys. Weiland was sort of the exception to that. Major attitude and "rock star" nonsense even when he was unknown and had done nothing, still had the "F you, Im better than you" vibe. He used to pee pee in cups and leave them around the place. Sort of strange. But, very talented guy. I remember hanging out in the owners office, he said "I can sing about anything", Pete, the owner, said "The microwave." Weiland took about 5 seconds and belted out a song off the top of his head about the microwave, good melody and lyrics that rhymed.

did you know Tony Castaneda? the Brother of Weiland's first wife and a guitarest

fearsomefour

Legend
did you know Tony Castaneda? the Brother of Weiland's first wife and a guitarest
No, never met him.
I don't when he got married but they were in that particular studio like 87--90 maybe 91. I started working there in 90.

fearsomefour

Legend
Makes one, at least me, really wonder about Life. I'm about ready to quit my job, sell the house for a major profit and bail to Costa Rica with a good friend. Sometimes life can seem too short to live week to week with a bullcrap job when YOU know life is better out there somewhere. Sorry for the somewhat side related rant.
I hear ya man.
I used to be pretty fearless trying new things. Now, with a family and with life, time and some failures and losses, fear rules my decision making and it sucks.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Maybe I'm a weak ass, still reeling over Weiland's passing. Drugs related or not but fuckin A the guy had talent and showed it endlessly.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/18/entertainment/scott-weiland-cause-of-death-feat/index.html

(CNN)

Singer Scott Weiland died of an accidental overdose of alcohol and drugs, the Hennepin County (Minnesota) Medical Examiner's Office said Friday.

The Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver frontman died December 3 while on tour with his band the Wildabouts. He was 48.

The toxicology test results indicate that his death was caused by a mixture of alcohol, cocaine and MDA, a drug similar to MDMA or ecstasy. Weiland's history of drug abuse was a contributing factor in his death, according to a news release from the medical examiner's office.

"Other significant conditions are noted as atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, history of asthma and multi-substance dependence," it said.

Weiland's extraordinary career often was overshadowed by a constant battle with drug addiction. In a powerful essay after his death, his ex-wife urged fans and the media not to glorify his death.

"Our hope for Scott has died, but there is still hope for others. Let's choose to make this the first time we don't glorify this tragedy with talk of rock and roll and the demons that, by the way, don't have to come with it," Mary Forsberg Weiland wrote in Rolling Stone

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I read the essay his ex-wife made available and am in agreement. On the flip side, his contributions to music will forever live long however the substances which influenced and or contributed. Makes me feel heartache he was never around for his kids(or wife) but of which were taken from me and this is coming from not being an individual father myself. I'm into music and not actors or world news. This hit me hard.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
06/05/2015

Attachments

• 20150605_221549.jpg
    20150605_221549.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 160

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Where the River Goes , Kitchenware and Candy Bars, Silvergun Superman, Big Bang Baby, Heaven and Hot Rods, Bi-polar Bear, Hello It's Late and Take A Load Off not including any efforts on Velvet Revolver or Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts.

Last edited: