Schotty: Quick is the most improved player I've seen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I'm a homer every season. I just can't help myself.

Bit this is the season ... this is the season ... ah well.

There's a lot of focus on particular players. Heck I'm just going to say it. Expect good years from Pead, Quick and Britt. Expect more from TA.

Also expect some mistakes from the rookies. Regardless of where Robinson was selected he is a rookie. Same goes for Donald.

Realistically next year is the year. But I just think we'll see things, good things.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Interesting coaches are talking up Quick and Pead. I hope its all true, but I'm like the State of Missouri... "Show Me" :whistle:

69superbowl

Rookie
Re: the Quick comment, I think it's the Kenny Britt factor. Britt is much bigger than I thought and maybe Quick is finally forcing the light switch "on" due to the pressure of Kenny taking that roster slot.

On Britt: he seems like a hybrid between the bigger receiver (Quick) and straight line fast guy (Givens). Man I have high hopes for him and all these talented young Rams with so much potential. Can't wait to see live action. I take those Schottenheimer sound bites after 8 OTAs with a grain of salt. He's gotta be feeling a great deal of pressure himself.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
lol Bro Would you like for me to pull out the iron to take care of those ruffeled panties of yours?

Really? that is how you took that? I was merely stating FACTS from what I observed. If it doesn't do anything for you, then you might want to just move on!

A55VA6

Legend
I'll believe it when I see it... but this is about what we expected if it's true. He's got all the tools.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Given the apprehension that follows Brian Quick amongst the media and fan base, there is absolutely nothing to gain for Schottenheimer to make this statement unless there were some substance behind it.

That's my take too.

I mean... If the guy was in trouble, ala roster bubble material... He'd more than likely say nothing.

Not to mention Schotty is catching a lot of flak himself... Endorsing a guy who might not make the roster does little for his own credibility.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I can't buy into Quick until I see it on Sundays. But I'm hoping he's right. That would be great for us.
It's OTA's, but a coach can still comment and see improvement. Maybe the improvement is mostly mental...knowing where to be. That would give a player confidence in knowing WHAT to do, and how to do it. Does it mean anything major now??? I don't think anyone is saying that, except that he's playing like the stud he has always looked to be. I think the guy is right on track and this will be his year. I hate that Bradford went down last year. It retarded the whole team's development.

Rams FO has been more honest than any I can remember, and they said that Quick would take a while to develop, right after they drafted him. He will have to show development this year, but he will have to get looks to do so. Mentally, he has to be ready to compete and kick ass every day. IMO, for Quick at this point, it is all mental, and opportunities.

A55VA6

Legend
I mean the guy is 6'4" and runs a 4.5. With him going into his 3rd year, if he has all the mental stuff down and runs better routes and uses his body to win battles.. this guy could really be something. Some players get better and better as their career goes on and Quick could be one of those guys. Hoping for the best.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I mean the guy is 6'4" and runs a 4.5. With him going into his 3rd year, if he has all the mental stuff down and runs better routes and uses his body to win battles.. this guy could really be something. Some players get better and better as their career goes on and Quick could be one of those guys. Hoping for the best.
I can't be the only one who wants to see him start and finish 16 games to test his resolve.
I don't even care if he screws up as long as he shows continued improvement over the course of the year.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I've said this shit many times before, but here goes again....

Quickie is on the Dez plan. completely suck for a couple years, then become you're team's number one. Except Quickie doesn't have the immaturity that Dez does.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I never took my eyes off Quick the whole season. I saw much improvement especially the last 4-5 games. No drops confident running correct routes making correct adjustments. Clemons never llooked his direction. With Sam back at the helm Quick will shine.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I've said this crap many times before, but here goes again....

Quickie is on the Dez plan. completely suck for a couple years, then become you're team's number one. Except Quickie doesn't have the immaturity that Dez does.
We've all agreed that was the PLAN.

Now it's on him to show he can pull it off.

A55VA6

Legend
I can't be the only one who wants to see him start and finish 16 games to test his resolve.
I don't even care if he screws up as long as he shows continued improvement over the course of the year.
I agree!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I disagree. If he's screwing up, get someone on the field that knows what they're doing. If he's out there, he's gotta earn it imo.