Schotty: Quick is the most improved player I've seen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I like the news and praise, but I'll hold off from partying until I can see it for myself. This isn't the first time I've heard this about Quick. I want to see it for myself first.

Camp starts July 25th,,, I'll save you a seat up on the hill

lockdnram21

Legend
I like the news and praise, but I'll hold off from partying until I can see it for myself. This isn't the first time I've heard this about Quick. I want to see it for myself first.
they have never said most improved. last year they said he improved and we might not like how much he improved but he improved. i think what will tell us if he means it is where Quick is on depth chart going into camp

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Exactly, and see it in a game that counts. Quick has always looked good in practice, but not so much in games for some reason.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I hope Schotty is right. If Quick finally "gets" it, we are an easy playoff team. I know I may seem hard on the guy, but I'm really rooting for him. We need him.

If Quick or Britt gets it, rams are a playoff gem IMHO. If they both do, Super Bowl's the limit. If Givens joins in with TA, Bailey, and Cook? Forget about it.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
St. Louis Rams ‏@STLouisRams

Schottenheimer: "Brian Quick is the most improved player I've seen ... He can and will make big plays for us."

Schottenheimer: "@AaronDonald97 has my vote for Rookie of the Year already."

Schottenheimer on @KennyBritt_18: "Each day, he makes one or two big plays."

Brian Schottenheimer on Rams OTAs: "We're trying to create competition at all spots."

Gregg Williams on Rams OTAs: "We still have a long ways to go, but we've got an awful lot done."

Thanks RamBill! That was a lot of feelgood in a small amount of space. Seems like all there is coming out about other teams are gloom and doom stories but so far, knock on wood, it's seems to be a bit rosy around here lately. I certainly don't intend to be a Debby Downer, but I now find us in a quandry I never would have imagined us having just a few short years ago. We have a lot of powerful forces on the field now and here we are in just the OTA's and it's already getting exciting. The trick part is, they are going to be going against each other in these practices. When the pads go on, it's going to be worse than the bitch slapping that went on between Britt and Tru. I want to see all this unleased on our rivals in the west in the worst way and counting the days. Still, I hope they keep it in check,( I know, thank goodness ew've got Fish) in practice and still get razor sharp and ready for gameday. Oh, that's right. Fish already said he had to back Greg down a notch ( for some reason, I picture that sly little snear on his face when he said that). Everythings fine. Sorry I rambled.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Is it as bold as Fisher's comment that people who think WR is a problem area don't know what they're talking about?

These are very bold statements... and I'd much rather admit they're right than for those statements to come back and bite our coaching staff.

Pretty similar. And yes these are bold statements. Bolder than any I've seen or heard them make before. Proof will come on the field when the games start but I don't really see what they would have to gain by making these statements if they know them to be false.

Personally, I saw BQ doing a lot of positive things as the season went on. Obviously they didn't get reflected in receiving stats but when you factor in all the issues involved, it may not be that much of a stretch that a couple things are clicking to make big differences. I'm guardedly optimistic.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not smart:
Schottenheimer: "Brian Quick is the most improved player I've seen ... He can and will make big plays for us."

Smart:
Gregg Williams on Rams OTAs: "We still have a long ways to go, but we've got an awful lot done."[/QUOTE]

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thanks RamBill! That was a lot of feelgood in a small amount of space. Seems like all there is coming out about other teams are gloom and doom stories but so far, knock on wood, it's seems to be a bit rosy around here lately. I certainly don't intend to be a Debby Downer, but I now find us in a quandry I never would have imagined us having just a few short years ago. We have a lot of powerful forces on the field now and here we are in just the OTA's and it's already getting exciting. The trick part is, they are going to be going against each other in these practices. When the pads go on, it's going to be worse than the bitch slapping that went on between Britt and Tru. I want to see all this unleased on our rivals in the west in the worst way and counting the days. Still, I hope they keep it in check,( I know, thank goodness ew've got Fish) in practice and still get razor sharp and ready for gameday. Oh, that's right. Fish already said he had to back Greg down a notch ( for some reason, I picture that sly little snear on his face when he said that). Everythings fine. Sorry I rambled.
Ramble on my friend. I think you said it well.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not smart:

Smart:
Gregg Williams on Rams OTAs: "We still have a long ways to go, but we've got an awful lot done."
[/QUOTE]
Meh. Let's not over think the sound bites.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Anyone thinking with Pead doing well in special teams means Reynolds is the odd man out?
For sure, but I thought he would be out already with the addition of Tre, and continued health of Benny.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
For sure, but I thought he would be out already with the addition of Tre, and continued health of Benny.
Add to that I don't think he has participated in any OTAs as of yet.

FRO

Legend
When you watch Quick in college you see someone who is confident and aggressive. When you watch him in the pros he timid and lacks confidence. I hope the switch goes on for the guy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Who do you guys prefer for KR? I'm rooting for Reid but isn't he better at PR? Wouldn't mind Givens if he's only going to be a one trick pony on offense as the deep threat.

You have one of the top avatars on the board......I know I've said that before but it seems like it's been awhile since I've seen it.....great stuff.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As always, the homerism.

You think Pead is a good kick returner? Really?

And you think the light has gone on for Quick? The same Quick you've been on for three years now? Hey if you play the same cards, you'll be right eventually.

Go Coach.

A player can't possibly improve after two years in the league and you have a better feel for the players than the coaching staff. Got it.

So homerism is buying that Pead may be slotted into the KR position rather than some other player?

BTW - I am a Rams homer. Proud of it. But of course it keeps me from being able to be objective about anything.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As always, the homerism.

You think Pead is a good kick returner? Really?

And you think the light has gone on for Quick? The same Quick you've been on for three years now? Hey if you play the same cards, you'll be right eventually.

Go Coach.

Did you eat a lemon today?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't buy into Quick until I see it on Sundays. But I'm hoping he's right. That would be great for us.