Schotty: Quick is the most improved player I've seen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
St. Louis Rams ‏@STLouisRams

Schottenheimer: "Brian Quick is the most improved player I've seen ... He can and will make big plays for us."

Schottenheimer: "@AaronDonald97 has my vote for Rookie of the Year already."

Schottenheimer on @KennyBritt_18: "Each day, he makes one or two big plays."

Brian Schottenheimer on Rams OTAs: "We're trying to create competition at all spots."

Gregg Williams on Rams OTAs: "We still have a long ways to go, but we've got an awful lot done."

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I hope the snippet about Quick isn't just coach speak.
Pretty bold if it is. It is not like he is just saying BQ is doing well or showing flashes. We can only hope - right?

FRO

Legend
I hope Schotty is right. If Quick finally "gets" it, we are an easy playoff team. I know I may seem hard on the guy, but I'm really rooting for him. We need him.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nick Wagoner @nwagoner

Fassel did say #Rams would like to find solution for KR to lighten the load for Tavon Austin. Mentioned Pead, Reid, Givens, Veltung, others.

Coordinators spoke to media. Usual excitement over most everyone. Special teams coach John Fassel particularly fired up about Isaiah Pead.

Receiver Kenny Britt and CB Darren Woodard left practice early with athletic trainers in tow.

DTs Michael Brockers and Kendall Langford and DE William Hayes also did not practice Tuesday.

Not practicing today: CB Johnson, S Bryant, S Alexander, S Daniels, RB Reynolds, LB Armstrong, DE S. Brown, C Wells, OT Long, (continued)...

Good day for LB Alec Ogletree, who came up with an interception down the seam in 7 on 7 and followed with another in 11 on 11.

QB Sam Bradford participated in today's practice, doing usual routine of a couple of 7 on 7 sessions and a little work in team.

#Rams off the practice field Tuesday. Two organized team activities left before breaking until training camp.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Pretty bold if it is. It is not like he is just saying BQ is doing well or showing flashes. We can only hope - right?

Given the apprehension that follows Brian Quick amongst the media and fan base, there is absolutely nothing to gain for Schottenheimer to make this statement unless there were some substance behind it.

I know I have been one to rave about his ability, and what he shows in camp, but I will also say that he made a play on a ball in the air yesterday, that he wouldn't have made in the previous two years I have watched him. He found a second gear when the ball was in the air, and adjusted his route, and ran past the CB to make a fully extended HANDS catch on the dead run.

He got high 5's from everyone of his fellow WRs, Coach Sherman and Shaun Hill (who threw the pass) came over to the WR group to acknowledge the play he made.

ramsrams

UDFA
If there is a God, Fassel will not put Pead returning kicks. I'm in the minority in thinking Pead still has value, but KR is not something he does well.

Re Quick: Sounds like coachspeak to me. He's still dropping balls. Maybe he should be considered for the OTA HOF, though.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I hope whatever took Britt (and Woodard) off the field was/were minor.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Nick Wagoner @nwagoner

Fassel did say #Rams would like to find solution for KR to lighten the load for Tavon Austin. Mentioned Pead, Reid, Givens, Veltung, others.

Coordinators spoke to media. Usual excitement over most everyone. Special teams coach John Fassel particularly fired up about Isaiah Pead.

Receiver Kenny Britt and CB Darren Woodard left practice early with athletic trainers in tow.

DTs Michael Brockers and Kendall Langford and DE William Hayes also did not practice Tuesday.

Not practicing today: CB Johnson, S Bryant, S Alexander, S Daniels, RB Reynolds, LB Armstrong, DE S. Brown, C Wells, OT Long, (continued)...

Good day for LB Alec Ogletree, who came up with an interception down the seam in 7 on 7 and followed with another in 11 on 11.

QB Sam Bradford participated in today's practice, doing usual routine of a couple of 7 on 7 sessions and a little work in team.

#Rams off the practice field Tuesday. Two organized team activities left before breaking until training camp.

I hope to hear his name A LOT this year because tyhat means the defense is disruptive as hell. While the O is still developing we need the D to carry a little extra weight early on.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Is it as bold as Fisher's comment that people who think WR is a problem area don't know what they're talking about?

These are very bold statements... and I'd much rather admit they're right than for those statements to come back and bite our coaching staff.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Anyone thinking with Pead doing well in special teams means Reynolds is the odd man out?
I hadn't considered it until your mention but it sure makes sense. If Pead can contribute on ST I think he is much move valuable overall.

xander47

Rookie
Who do you guys prefer for KR? I'm rooting for Reid but isn't he better at PR? Wouldn't mind Givens if he's only going to be a one trick pony on offense as the deep threat.

lockdnram21

Legend
just read on another forum from a guy that was at ota today and said Quick was excellent. hope he becomes consistent

CoachO

Hall of Fame
If there is a God, Fassel will not put Pead returning kicks. I'm in the minority in thinking Pead still has value, but KR is not something he does well.

Re Quick: Sounds like coachspeak to me. He's still dropping balls. Maybe he should be considered for the OTA HOF, though.

You might want to find a new God, because Pead was working after practice fielding "kicks" from the jugs machine with Fassel working with him.

And as far as Quick, sorry to disappoint you, but here's a fun fact from my observation YESTERDAY. He "dropped" one pass which was actually stripped out by a good play by the CB. Also DROPPING uncontested passes yesterday were Britt, Austin, Givens, Bailey, Price, Harris, J. Cunningham, B. Cunningham and Stacy.

Guess they all should be put on notice too. Oh wait a minute, the only one anyone ever seems to report on is Brian Quick. Because unless and until he becomes PERFECT no one will ever cut him any slack.

Last edited:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I like the news and praise, but I'll hold off from partying until I can see it for myself. This isn't the first time I've heard this about Quick. I want to see it for myself first.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Quick has always looked like a stud to me, all he needs is reps & targets....Just like Floyd & Jefferies got on their teams...Gordon too..