Schottenheimer to take Rams' OC job, pending contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Ramhusker said:
JdashSTL said:
moklerman said:
interference said:
"... the Jets averaged 23 points per game this season, ranking 13th among 32 teams. In 2010 they averaged 23 points per game, which ranked 13th. And the Sanchez passer rating actually improved this season. He had a a rating of 63.6 as a rookie, 75.3 in 2010, and 78.2 this season. Sanchez also passed for a career-high 26 TDs. (His INT rate also went up.)

And the Jets were fantastic in the red zone, ranking first in the NFL in converting chances into touchdowns, scoring 36 TDs in 55 opportunities for a success rate of 65.5. The Rams have been horrific in the RZ, so this is encouraging. Sanchez did well in the red zone this season, throwing 21 TDs with 3 INTs. Of course, Sanchez also had a more impressive collection of receiving options, which helped him."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... 0f31a.html
Nice info.

I'm not thrilled with the BS hire but the back of my brain keeps telling me that it's not as bad as Jets fans make it seem.

Hes the ultimate scapegoat for them right now. I did read a few comments on sites and I couldnt even find anyone that wanted to wish him good luck lol. They underachieved this season, Sanchez still has a ton of question marks, now its been capped off by a VERY rough offseason. Schotty is the one "big name" they have fired. Criticism for Coordinators is getting even more insane year after year.

But the Jets didn't fire BS. He resigned. You suppose having Sanchez there for the distant future made him cut and run?

I think that he recognized that someone had to go. This is like a mutual break-up to a relationship. Someone had to be accountable for them not making the playoffs (especially when their HC calls them SB champs every year), Sanchez not playing better, and their offseason rumblings have made everything worse. It was him or Santonio Holmes that had to go, and he resigns.