schottenheimer this year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
IMO he's been up and down. It's looked better since Hill took over don't forget that. Hill has more audible options he's been taking advantage of and is a smart quarterback most the time. Give me 8 full quarters of offense against our last NFC West games and ill say hell yea and a healthy Bradford takes us deep into the playoffs next year.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
He has improved this past year but not by much. Sorry but IMO he is still not an adequate OC and the Rams would do well to get another OC. Then again if you want to have a consistency with a poor OC have at it.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Schotty absolutely hhas to have a rrun game to be ssuccessful

That's the most disappointing aspect of the Rams offense for me. I really expected a far better rushing attack that what we've seen. Of course, Schottenhiemer is a passing guy who got credit by some for what happened in New York when it was actually Assistant HC/OL Coach Bill Callahan who orchestrated the running attack, just like he is now doing in Dallas. According to Jets fans, Rex Ryan had to get on Schotty about running the football, but it appears Jeff Fisher hasn't been as strict.

V3

Hall of Fame
Sorry, I can't be satisfied with an OC that can't make mid-game adjustments. He's great at scripting, but after that, it gets hairy. He also still has plenty of moments of head scratchers, too. We can definitely do better.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's amazing how the outlook changes when the players execute.
So many good posts in this thread, this being one of them.
Rams opened the Oakland game with what? 10 straight passes? Had that led to 3, 3 and outs, he'd be torched....

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
As I had already factored in (to the best of my ability) the lack of execution/talent my opinion of him remains unchanged. When we start playing well offensively in the second half when it's not against a prevent D I'll take another look at my opinion.

The 2nd half is still a bit of a problem in my eyes...Even last wek the got shut out in the 3rd qtr...Obviously it didn't matter in that game, but I would still like to see more in the 2nd half.. I very much dislike prevent D in general... I don't want to see more of the prevent O...

Alan

Legend
Mikey Ram of like mind:
The 2nd half is still a bit of a problem in my eyes...Even last wek the got shut out in the 3rd qtr...Obviously it didn't matter in that game, but I would still like to see more in the 2nd half.. I very much dislike prevent D in general... I don't want to see more of the prevent O...
Not just the 3rd quarter, 41 total yards in the second half. I totally agree with your other points and let me add another. I just find it mind boggling that we can't come up with some pass plays he'd excel in.

Utilize all Tavon's skills!

I just find it mind boggling that we can't come up with some pass plays he'd excel in. Almost all you see him doing is pretending he's a RB. :unsure: Corderelle Patterson?

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm not sold at all that Schotty has a satisfactory product.

There are huge issues with his play calling:

• Zero clock management. It's like he's completely unaware of the clock. Down 2 scores with 3 minutes left? Run up the middle for 3 yards. He doesn't have a 2 minute drill worked out. If he adjusted at halftime to what he's seen and scripted a 2 minute drill, Rams could have won games they lost.
  • The interception that killed our playoff hopes I blame Schotty 90% and Hill 10%. I don't know if any QB sees that defender but I do know that any OC can see that passing with the playoff hope and game on the line on 2nd down with Rams' RB talent and not good O line is a terrible call.
  • He still is unable to get TA the ball consistently in a manner that will result in big gains. It's better. He went from no plays to 2 plays. Maybe next season he will have 3 or 4?
I will say that his scripted opening drives are sometimes very nice. After that? Not much. BETTER than he has been but not good. Or is it just that Hill changes his plays so much that it's looking better?

I have no idea whether it's Schotty or Fisher who keeps giving up possessions at the end of the first half, but that's unforgivable.

People want to talk about execution but I see that even when they are executing, Schotty doesn't make good calls consistently.

In the end though, with solid QB play and O line improvements, this team could still win a lot with Schotty. They're that good IMHO.

Last edited: