School of Isaac is in session for young wideouts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Joe Lyons
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/rams-report-school-of-isaac-is-in-session-for-young/article_a64dedba-0f05-538e-a106-15d937f955da.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 955da.html</a>

The Rams welcomed star receiver Isaac Bruce to camp Thursday evening and it didn't take him long to make an impact.

After talking to receivers throughout the practice session, Bruce spent at least 10 minutes working one-on-one with rookie wideouts Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey and Emory Blake on getting off the line of scrimmage.

Bruce is expected to be here for nearly a week. Coach Jeff Fisher said that Torry Holt is also expected soon.

What can the Rams' young receivers learn from the former stars?

"It's the subtle things...the little detailed things, seeing things from their perspective,'' Fisher said. Wide receiver coach Ray Sherman "is a really good football coach and welcomes both of those guys in as far as the young guys are concerned.''

Thursday's practice, which drew 1,128 fans, and produced some solid play on both sides of the ball.

"I thought the defense, once we got down inside the plus territory, it was doing some really good things,'' Fisher said. "But yeah, the offense made some plays... overall, I thought both sides had a pretty productive practice. A little disappointed with yesterday's, but coming back today we're back on track.''

Sam Bradford hooked up on big plays to Austin and Chris Givens during Thursday's workout. The one-on-ones battle between Givens and cornerback Janoris Jenkins are getting more intense by the day. The edge went to Givens on Thursday.

RAMBLINGS

• An NFL officiating crew, making the rounds at camps, officiated Thursday's practice and will meet with Rams' players to go over rules changes.

• Thursday camp visitors included ESPN's John Clayton and Ian Rapoport and Brian Baldinger of the the NFL Network.

• Veteran safety Matt Giordano sat out Thursday's workout with a leg injury. Defensive tackle Kendall Langford did not finish practice, but appears to be OK.

PRACTICE SCHEDULE

Friday's 3:30 p.m. practice is free and open to the public. On Saturday, the Rams hold their second annual FanFest at the Edward Jones Dome. Gates open at 9:30 a.m. for season ticket holders and 11:30 a.m. for the general public. The team will take the field for practice at 12:30 p.m.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
It's good to see The Rev and Torry back in the fold and helping.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Nice, I hadn't heard that Holt was coming soon too.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
iBruce said:

Torry is also doing preseason TV games with Marshall this year, if you hadn't heard. I look forward to it.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Dagonet said:
iBruce said:

Torry is also doing preseason TV games with Marshall this year, if you hadn't heard. I look forward to it.

Definitely looking forward to that. I think they're just doing the Rams games, from what I've heard, but if they're doing others as well then be sure to post here.