Schefter: "Not a Lot of Optimism" on Tre Mason's Hamstring

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Tre Mason - RB - Rams
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports there's "not a lot of optimism" on Tre Mason's (hamstring) availability for Week 1 against the Seahawks.
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the "outlook is grim." Mason will test his hamstring in pregame warmups, but he's unlikely to play. Benny Cunningham would be left as the starter and potential every-down back with Isaiah Pead following him on the depth chart. Cunningham is in the FLEX conversation.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news

V3

Hall of Fame
I actually thought Pead looked better than Benny in preseason. Hopefully they both get carries.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I have faith in Cunningham if he hits those holes the way he does on kickoffs he might just break a long one.

Moostache

Rookie
Quick is inactive as well...that is a major concern to me...he appears to be likely a total bust at this point and if he is physically unable to play it begs the question why the Rams have done so little to upgrade the WR talent pool...I have a bad feeling about this.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Quick is a big surprise. I wonder if it has something to do with needing more bodies that can play special teams with Bennie needing to be full time runner.

bskrilla

Starter
I think the special teams angle is definitely a part of sitting Quick. Benny and Pead are both big special teamers and they're your #1 and 2 backs today. Quick isn't going to go tackle anyone so you need some extra ST'ers. Might as well sit the guy who's still working back from injury.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Hope to see a lot more of Chris Givens with Quick out. Hopefully he's really taken that gigantic leap we imagined.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I think the special teams angle is definitely a part of sitting Quick. Benny and Pead are both big special teamers and they're your #1 and 2 backs today. Quick isn't going to go tackle anyone so you need some extra ST'ers. Might as well sit the guy who's still working back from injury.
Makes sense

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Welp... Today presents opportunities for both Pead and Givens.

Opportunities that would have seemed very unlikely for each just a few months ago.

Funny how things work out sometimes, huh?

I wish each all the best. The Rams really need big games from them today against the Seahawks.

Gulp...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Quick is inactive as well...that is a major concern to me...he appears to be likely a total bust at this point and if he is physically unable to play it begs the question why the Rams have done so little to upgrade the WR talent pool...I have a bad feeling about this.
Faith bro...just a lil faith...lets at least wait until the actual game b4 second guessing draft picks & decisions...I thought Quick looked very good in his 3rd year....I'm sure when he plays he'll look even better.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
I look for TA to get some carries at rb today-----something we haven't shown in the ps.