Scared of heights? Check out this Zip-Line...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Yep - THAT's a rush. Not for those afraid of heights though. Although, it probably would have been even more kick ass if I were.

The old guy that gave the training said the real rush was when you grab the ring and for that split second decide if you really want to pull it......Old Bastard was right.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The old guy that gave the training said the real rush was when you grab the ring and for that split second decide if you really want to pull it......Old Bastard was right.

Is that a static line jump or the way they do it in the military. We did tandem jumps so we just kinda rolled out of the plane. The scariest part actually was watching my two sons just flat out disappear before my eyes. I guess I figured they'd kinda slowly fly away but instead, they were there and then they just weren't. Vanished into thin air. Then because one of my sons had a green chute, we couldn't pick him up against the green Oregon background. I didn't like not knowing where my son went.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Is that a static line jump or the way they do it in the military. We did tandem jumps so we just kinda rolled out of the plane. The scariest part actually was watching my two sons just flat out disappear before my eyes. I guess I figured they'd kinda slowly fly away but instead, they were there and then they just weren't. Vanished into thin air. Then because one of my sons had a green chute, we couldn't pick him up against the green Oregon background. I didn't like not knowing where my son went.

This was a long time ago. The first few jumps were static, but after 10 jumps the old Bastard would let you do a free fall if he thought you could handle it. He fell along with you. Then you could go on your own. After my first solo I got what he said.
Then it got fun, just sail down each time a little closer to the ground thinking another second, just another second I'll pull the ring.

Yes people can disappear instantly in a jump and it is scary.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I need the location of that nude beach in Naples George........thanks in advance and next time you have a spare trio of ladies be sure to call me. I always say there safety in numbers.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I need the location of that nude beach in Naples George........thanks in advance and next time you have a spare trio of ladies be sure to call me. I always say there safety in numbers.

So big of you to play the great defender. Or are they defending you? :yousure: Either way I suppose it's good work if you can get it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
So big of you to play the great defender. Or are they defending you? :yousure: Either way I suppose it's good work if you can get it.

LOL that's true.......I'm still waiting for the directions to the nude beach hahahahaha

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

We got to that beach when we took my friend's (the whiner fan) boat out. He really doesn't have a boat of his own, he belongs to one of those boat clubs were you can just use whatever boats are available in their fleet. The boat club is located right along one of the main roads there. It's not really a marina that is on the open water... it is right up along the road and is in the mangroves. We had to run the boat through a pretty long series of mangrove lined waterways until we came to an opening to the actual gulf. We also were able to eat/drink at a cool restaurant right on the water near that opening.

Anyway, not sure yet of the name of the beach. I talked with my friend last night,,, he's currently up here in Orlando visiting family for the holiday. He's gonna get the name for me when he gets back down your way. He now only refers to me as RamFan69 since he was privy to our meeting that night... lol.... mother fucker that he is.

When we went out of that opening to the gulf, I seem to remember us going South first, and that was the location of this nude beach. It may have been North though... in any event, it is located near that inlet into the gulf. Not a tremendous amount of people were there, but they were definitely nude. I think it is actually some kind of State or Federal beach that allows the folks there to suntan in their birthday suites.

I'll update you when the kaperdick sucker gets back to me.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Was the street Bonita Beach Rd and was the restaurant Coconut Jacks? If you that's literally right around the corner from where I live.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was the street Bonita Beach Rd and was the restaurant Coconut Jacks? If you that's literally right around the corner from where I live.

I can't remember the names of the road or the restaurant. It wasn't far from the bar we met at... that "general" area. It was a busy road that the boat club was on. I was surprised,,, the club was really just a chappy little house - like building.

The restaurant had nice boat slips for those coming in by water. There was another restaurant even closer to that inlet were boats and jetskies just pulled up on the sand behind the place.

Sounds like it is very close to you though.