SB 56 Time Capsule: Record a Memory for Posterity

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
As I get older, I find that my memory, though still good, is limited.

Right now, there are so many vivid memories about this championship run. Who knows, though, how many of them I'll remember in 10, 20, 30 years and (hopefully) beyond.

So, I thought it would be nice to have a thread for us to record our own personal Super Bowl moment to preserve it in time.

Mine:

My son took a while to take to football. Ultimately, I wore him down, though, and he's now a Rams fan. The problem is, he's grown now and lives in Wisconsin. Thanks to technology, though, he was there with me via cell phone for every big moment, including the final play by Aaron Donald to seal the victory. So great to share that moment with him.

That's what I'll remember.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Similar memory. My dad lives in Texas, and I live in California. I'm a die hard Rams fan. He had to interview someone here in CA and needed to be in my city on Monday. So he was able to fly down (on the companies dime) and watch the game with me. And literally right after the game, the interviewee called and had to cancel due to getting Covid. So my dad got a free trip just to watch the Super Bowl with me.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Went to my folks' house for Super Bowl 56. Had a jambalaya, pigs in a blanket, and a bit of sourdough bread. I swore so badly when Higgins facemasked Ramsey, and then there was a late hit on Powell on the ensuing kickoff that I swore even more at.

Now, me swearing at games is normally not notable, but my folks usually tell me to curb it...and they didn't because they knew how invested I was in this game. And when Kupp got that touchdown from Stafford, and Donald sealed the deal, I cried in pure happiness.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
When I met my wife she really didn't watch football. She was a cheerleader so was at all the games. Her Dad was a Broncos/Packers fan. He was a football fan, would attend high school and college games and would take us (My wife and I met in high school). But as far as NFL he had fleeting attention.

Me at that point in time was either listening to rams games on the radio. I got Sirius at a young age just so I could or I was following along on the little graphic you could get from NFL.com. Rams weren't on tv at all - as you all or most of you know.

After a short time of dating she knew she needed to become a Rams fan in order to kind of relate to me in some way. She would wear tshirts and jerseys of mine. She'd cheer the team on and such.

But this season she became and absolute Cooper Kupp fan! She's been watching a whole lot more and understanding the game so much over the last few years. But she became a Kupp fan! I've been talking him up for years. She drafted him in fantasy. I bought her the bone version of his jersey for MY birthday! And during the whole run she'd have that jersey on and every single time he did something GREAT we got to celebrate! KUPP!

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
As I get older, I find that my memory, though still good, is limited.

Right now, there are so many vivid memories about this championship run. Who knows, though, how many of them I'll remember in 10, 20, 30 years and (hopefully) beyond.

So, I thought it would be nice to have a thread for us to record our own personal Super Bowl moment to preserve it in time.

Mine:

My son took a while to take to football. Ultimately, I wore him down, though, and he's now a Rams fan. The problem is, he's grown now and lives in Wisconsin. Thanks to technology, though, he was there with me via cell phone for every big moment, including the final play by Aaron Donald to seal the victory. So great to share that moment with him.

That's what I'll remember.
I am just so happy that your son found God's Country!
Nice job, Dad!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Grandson number 4 of 10 (Ryker) became the first one who was old enough to pick his own favorite team and player and chose The Rams and Cooper Kupp.

The gravy on top of winning it all!!!

dang

Legend
This is the first time I was able to watch the Rams win a Super Bowl. Ten minutes into the 1999 Super Bowl our power went out due to an ice storm. We had to listen to the Super Bowl using a transistor radio huddled around the fireplace like an FDR fireside chat in the 1930s. I about lost my shit listening to the end of that game without being able to see a damn thing. Much better being able to watch it but had to wait 22 years.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This Super Bowl made me remember Super Bowl 34, watching it at my inlaws house. I loved them both so much and they thought I’d lost my mind, I am sure, when the Rev Ike caught that TD pass, and then Mike Jones sealed the deal. This all came to mind quickly when I was screaming like a madman at my work inside of a large empty museum. First, the fade pass TD to Kupp and then AD. finishing Burrows with that clutch pressure to essentially end the game on 4th down. Bittersweet joy….

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
We rescued this girl recently and she's been the best football watching companion. I get so nervous during the games most times during big moments I have to get up and walk out of the room and only come back when I hear cheering and watch it on replay. She sensed my nervousness though and just plopped herself in my lap during the last 10 minutes of the game and having her there kept me calm enough to keep watching so I could experience it all live. Then after Donald's big play when my husband and boys and I were all jumping around cheering, hugging (me crying) she was jumping and barking happy along with us

273986805_10160101722010555_2096300877653962627_n.jpg

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
For me, one of the things I'll remember is the contrast between this Super Bowl and Super Bowl 34 on that last defensive play, the moment where the outcome went from uncertain to certain. I was tense as hell during both games for sure, especially on the opposition's last drive when we were protecting a lead. I was standing up when Jones made the tackle in 34, still unsure if Dyson got in. When the ref said "the game is over" I just collapsed into the chair right behind me, relieved that it was over and that we had won. So at that time, it was more relief than anything, with the intense joy of winning a Super Bowl slowly kicking in over time (which probably required some overcoming of disbelief since they had never won one prior to that). It wasn't really until the trophy presentation that it sunk in that it was real, that the Rams had won the Super Bowl.

This time, I was sitting at the edge of the couch - and like McVay, I thought Donald would make a play. As the play developed I saw Donald break through and get his hands on Burrow, and a moment later saw the ball hit harmlessly on the turf. In contrast to Super Bowl 34, this time I erupted with joy, leapt off the couch, and yelled "YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS YEEEESSSSSSSSS YES YES YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS" at the top of my lungs and went high stepping it through the house. We had guests, but none of them was into football like I was and they were a bit taken aback by my extremely vocal and physical celebration, but I didn't care a bit. I finally calmed down enough to make my way back to the couch and watch the Rams go into victory formation and take that final snap and see the confetti come raining down. It sunk in instantly this time, and it was fucking glorious, especially thinking about the fact that they had won it on their home field and that the Rams will ALWAYS be the first time to win a Super Bowl at SoFi, as this one will certainly not be the last one that is played there. While the Bucs can say they were the first to win it in their home stadium, the Rams are the only team that can say they won THE FIRST Super Bowl played in their home stadium, and that's something that's likely to never be repeated by any other team. Fucking glorious!!

oldnotdead

Legend
When I moved to Tucson 2 years ago I began to slow conversion of my GF's family away from the Cards and Boys. This year they are all Ram fans from the start of the season. So when Kupp got the winning TD the whole house erupted. When AD sealed the deal it was bedlam. Everyone was screaming, yelling and hugging. As they left they all said they have never had so much fun during an NFL season while rooting for the Rams and can't wait till next season.

Once this roster breaks up we may never see another Ram roster this talented. To build it during this era of escalating salaries is a testament to Les Snead. He's got to be one of the best GMs in the NFL. Excellent talent evaluator con bolas de acero, "Fuck Them Picks" out of the box thinking. Les is about the best GM I've ever seen. He's the real key to the Rams long term success. As long as Snead is the GM i'm not worried as he will eventually find a way.

People worry about McVay retiring early. But Snead is the real key. Les will find the next HC to keep things going. Les took over when the Rams were the worst team in the NFL with a .188 winning percentage over the previous 5 seasons. As a first time GM it took a few years to rebuild the team and turn things around. Since he has been paired with McVay the Rams have had 5 consecutive winning seasons with two Super Bowl appearances with one win. They are poised to win several more.