SB 50 - Soak in Peyton Manning

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I am going to take heat for this, but I have to admit that I think Manning is a bit over rated. Hell of a football player, no doubt about that, but not the GOAT IMO. Maybe not even top 5. I just think Peyton has had a LOT of things go his way in the NFL. For starters....

* Played in same offense for his entire career (hell, same OC for most of it).
* Played in terrible division his entire career (including the AFC West).
* Had elite offensive talent around him his entire career.

With all of that, he still has a sub .500 playoff record.

I know Manning is one of the best to ever play the game, but I just cannot put him on that highest pedestal of GOAT. That is reserved for one Marshall Muthafuckin Faulk.

/flame suit on

You forgot to mention that he did NOT have elite defensive talent his entire career. As far as QB GOATs - what qb in the 2000s has been close to as good as Peyton? Outside of Brady (talking about playing in a shitty division), no one. Not Rodgers, not Brees, not Warner (yea, I said it).

As far as being surrounded by elite talent, he had Harrison and Wayne with a mediocre run game. Montana and Young had Jerry Rice!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's arguably one of the GOAT in the regular season but merely the goat in the playoffs, big games back in college

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
You forgot to mention that he did NOT have elite defensive talent his entire career. As far as QB GOATs - what qb in the 2000s has been close to as good as Peyton? Outside of Brady (talking about playing in a crappy division), no one. Not Rodgers, not Brees, not Warner (yea, I said it).

As far as being surrounded by elite talent, he had Harrison and Wayne with a mediocre run game. Montana and Young had Jerry Rice!
Yes, and Montana was a better QB IMO. Who did he have in KC? Peyton had Faulk and James and you say no run game?? They threw the ball by design, not because they didn't have talent.

The Rams had one of the worst defenses ever in 2000 with Warner. Still one AZ Hakim fumble from possibly running that shit.

Brees, Warner, Rogers AND Roethlisberger had as good a decade as Manning as far as I am concerned.

I am not saying Manning isn't great, just putting that in perspective... At least MY perspective.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All business!
image.jpeg

All what ever you call this?
image.jpeg

Times have changed...

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Yes, and Montana was a better QB IMO. Who did he have in KC? Peyton had Faulk and James and you say no run game?? They threw the ball by design, not because they didn't have talent.

The Rams had one of the worst defenses ever in 2000 with Warner. Still one AZ Hakim fumble from possibly running that crap.

Brees, Warner, Rogers AND Roethlisberger had as good a decade as Manning as far as I am concerned.

I am not saying Manning isn't great, just putting that in perspective... At least MY perspective.

We're each entitled to our own opinion. I just think a guy that has been to 3 Super Bowls in his prime, selected 7 times as 1st team All-Pro, and is a 5-time, 5-time, 5-time MVP should not be considered overrated, even a bit.