SB 50 - Soak in Peyton Manning

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I realize we have some other threads about Manning already on the board... But this topic is about watching what could be the last game of a true legend in this sport.

Manning hasn't announced his retirement. He's too classy to make this SB about him, which would take away from the experience of his Bronco teammates.

But assuming this is his last game; take it in. Watch with awe.

QB's before him; Farve, Elway, Marino, Aikman, etc... Absolute masters at the position. Once they're gone, they're gone.

I don't know about you guys, but Peyton goes down as the best football player, at any position, I've seen in my lifetime.

At the most important position in the game, he played at an amazingly high level for many-many years. And... Doubled as a coach on the field. It's just insane what he's done.

So, for me... On Super Bowl Sunday; I'm going to be watching this guy. Rooting for him. And enjoying perhaps the final views of the best player ever.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I realize we have some other threads about Manning already on the board... But this topic is about watching what could be the last game of a true legend in this sport.

Manning hasn't announced his retirement. He's too classy to make this SB about him, which would take away from the experience of his Bronco teammates.

But assuming this is his last game; take it in. Watch with awe.

QB's before him; Farve, Elway, Marino, Aikman, etc... Absolute masters at the position. Once they're gone, they're gone.

I don't know about you guys, but Peyton goes down as the best football player, at any position, I've seen in my lifetime.

At the most important position in the game, he played at an amazingly high level for many-many years. And... Doubled as a coach on the field. It's just insane what he's done.

So, for me... On Super Bowl Sunday; I'm going to be watching this guy. Rooting for him. And enjoying perhaps the final views of the best player ever.

Totally agree, guy has changed the position and has showed everyone that you don't need to be the most athletic guy to make an impact. His brain and leadership is what made the difference.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I can't help but look at his latest body of work and almost forget what he used to be. A QB who throws 9 touchdowns and 17 interceptions doesn't deserve to be in the super bowl, regardless of who it is. He got benched and then came back in because Denver and the NFL didn't want to see him go out like that. It just so happened that he's played halfway decent the past couple games.

I would be lying if I said I would miss seeing him or Brady play. The playoffs are boring now. So fresh faces will be nice to see in the next couple years.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Payton played poorly earlier this year as he tried to play through a injury. BO did well in his absence but started to fade so they went back to Payton. He can still win it all for Denver, but the hands of time are starting to squeeze him hard and he will probably have injury issues if he keeps on playing past this year.
The time off this year really helped him so if he plays after this year he will need the same break through the year to heal up and get fresh!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I am going to take heat for this, but I have to admit that I think Manning is a bit over rated. Hell of a football player, no doubt about that, but not the GOAT IMO. Maybe not even top 5. I just think Peyton has had a LOT of things go his way in the NFL. For starters....

* Played in same offense for his entire career (hell, same OC for most of it).
* Played in terrible division his entire career (including the AFC West).
* Had elite offensive talent around him his entire career.

With all of that, he still has a sub .500 playoff record.

I know Manning is one of the best to ever play the game, but I just cannot put him on that highest pedestal of GOAT. That is reserved for one Marshall Muthafuckin Faulk.

/flame suit on

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Having said all of that, I will indeed soak up this (almost certain) last performance by Peyton. He is one of the best to ever spin it and a class act and I expect him to keep this game interesting....for a while.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Considering neither team moves the meter one way or the other for me, I think my interest will be in Manning. I'll be pulling for him in this one. A quarterback as great as he's been should have more than one superbowl win. Even his brother has two.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Hopefully he will end up as the Rams QB coach one day. I don't think you could learn much more from any other coach in that position.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I am going to take heat for this, but I have to admit that I think Manning is a bit over rated. Hell of a football player, no doubt about that, but not the GOAT IMO. Maybe not even top 5. I just think Peyton has had a LOT of things go his way in the NFL. For starters....

* Played in same offense for his entire career (hell, same OC for most of it).
* Played in terrible division his entire career (including the AFC West).
* Had elite offensive talent around him his entire career.

With all of that, he still has a sub .500 playoff record.

I know Manning is one of the best to ever play the game, but I just cannot put him on that highest pedestal of GOAT. That is reserved for one Marshall Muthafuckin Faulk.

/flame suit on

He has also had a pretty bad defense every year in Indy, and was expected to score 30 points every game or they would lose. He never disrespected the game or any opposing player, he is a real class act and that's why he ha been the face of the NFL for so long. Guys like Peyton just don't come around anymore, now everything is about making yourself look good but with Peyton it was always team first. I hope he wins this ring and walks out a champion because he deserves it .

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Hopefully he will end up as the Rams QB coach one day. I don't think you could learn much more from any other coach in that position.

Manning coaching Goff would be a dream come true!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'd rather have kurt behind centre. he was captain clutch in the playoffs. i may be a homer but he's the best i've seen.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

[av]http://downloadsofree.com/download/8B28E181-340B3A72-F7AABADF-C97C6C36-79794D58-32465958-706A386D-70330140/Parm+Donk%.mp3[/av]

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

i'd rather have kurt behind centre. he was captain clutch in the playoffs. i may be a homer but he's the best i've seen.

Yup. If you have one game to win in the playoffs he's the guy you want under center. Or centre. :)

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Soak in Peyton manning?

image.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good post. Consummate professional, and arguably the smartest QB to play the game.
He'll go down as one of the league's immortals because of who he was and how he approached every game.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
IDK. He was kind of a dick in 2014. That uber perfection seeker then got pissed at his own fans. This year though he knows his body his beaten, and he can't do it all. I do want him to win it this year, he's been wanting it for 3 years now. But I won't lose an ounce of sleep if he doesn't. Dude will survive.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Not intended to compare Peyton to others.

Just saying we are likely seeing the last game of a certain HOF'er. For me, that's a big deal.