Say it ain't so Kurt Warner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Two points: 1. Kurt Warner always conducts himself with class 2. TMZ has a sports department now?
-----------------------
Kurt Warner: I feel more allegiance to Arizona than St. Louis
by TMZ staff/ 4/3/14

Video at the link

He took 'em BOTH to Super Bowls ... but Kurt Warner tells TMZ Sports he feels more allegiance to theArizona Cardinals than the St. Louis Rams.

Kurt was in NYC yesterday when he explained why ... saying it's due to the fact AZ was the last place he played, he knows a lot of people in the org., and he still lives in 'Zona.

Of course, Warner said he has nothing but respect for the Rams -- and is thankful for everything they gave him ... like his first shot in the NFL after he spent time in the Arena league and NFL Europe.

FYI -- the Rams also gave Warner his first BIG pro contract in 2000 ($46.5 mil for 7 years).

But the Rams also dumped him in 2004 ... and it was the Cards who took a chance on the guy after Kurt's less than stellar season with the Giants.

So, in the end ... Kurt says he's a bird man now -- and that's the way it's gonna be.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if i remember correctly "Zona" woulda left him in that grocery store...

A55VA6

Legend
I'd really care less. Thanks for the championship, but I've never "liked" Warner. Cardinals can have him.

jjab360

Legend
Whatever, if he feels that way that's how he feels.

I don't really think it's a question which team did more for him or who he was more successful with, though.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The front office when KW was ditched, i'd pick Zona also:cry:
train

For sure, they treated him very badly at the end. At least Martz had the balls to admit to it and cop to the fact that he made a mistake and handled it badly. The other idiots never did.......

If I was Warner I'd feel pretty much the same way, who wouldn't.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Two points: 1. Kurt Warner always conducts himself with class 2. TMZ has a sports department now?
-----------------------
Kurt Warner: I feel more allegiance to Arizona than St. Louis
by TMZ staff/ 4/3/14

Video at the link

He took 'em BOTH to Super Bowls ... but Kurt Warner tells TMZ Sports he feels more allegiance to theArizona Cardinals than the St. Louis Rams.

Kurt was in NYC yesterday when he explained why ... saying it's due to the fact AZ was the last place he played, he knows a lot of people in the org., and he still lives in 'Zona.

Of course, Warner said he has nothing but respect for the Rams -- and is thankful for everything they gave him ... like his first shot in the NFL after he spent time in the Arena league and NFL Europe.

FYI -- the Rams also gave Warner his first BIG pro contract in 2000 ($46.5 mil for 7 years).

But the Rams also dumped him in 2004 ... and it was the Cards who took a chance on the guy after Kurt's less than stellar season with the Giants.

So, in the end ... Kurt says he's a bird man now -- and that's the way it's gonna be.

This does not surprise me at all.
In his comments, things he said and the way he said them, I have for some time thought he liked the Cards better than the Rams.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Lets be reasonable here, Saint Louis didn't do much to earn his allegiance, he took us to two Super Bowls and we repaid him with shitty teams that we blamed him for, the fans turned on him, then the front office threw him out on his ear when he outstayed his welcome because Bulger was 'the answer.'

I wouldn't feel much love lost with that organization either.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If it had ended well he would probably feel different. Rams gave him a shot when no one else would. Two SB appearances, one SB win, Greatest Show on Turf.

Too bad the Rams had no class.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Lets be reasonable here, Saint Louis didn't do much to earn his allegiance, he took us to two Super Bowls and we repaid him with crappy teams that we blamed him for, the fans turned on him, then the front office threw him out on his ear when he outstayed his welcome because Bulger was 'the answer.'

I wouldn't feel much love lost with that organization either.

In all fairness, Bulger was even more of a victim by the same FO. The man had skills but no team and no protection.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out... that's how he was treated at the time.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
In all fairness, Bulger was even more of a victim by the same FO. The man had skills but no team and no protection.
It was no crack at Bulger, I'm the first to defend him, the air quotes were just to show that he was hardly the answer at the end of it all. At the end Warner went to a 3rd and Bulger never even saw one.

RamsFan14

Starter
As a Rams fan this feels kinda shitty and embarrassing, not gana lie. I hope Rams fans are listening carefully, one of the most decorated players in Rams history doesn't even admire us the most, he admires another team he didn't even win a Super Bowl with. That's pretty embarrassing on our ends if you ask me considering how much Rams history went into the books with him at QB, and I don't blame Warner for feeling the way he does. You don't treat players who've done so much the franchise like garbage for playing some bad football for a certain period of time, like seriously... Not saying it's all our faults as fans, but I mean it doesn't help that a lot of us didn't treat him with the most respect when he played some bad football.

Hope we take this as a lesson for the future, as Rams fans this is bad to hear. You don't disrespect someone who's done so much for the team, if anything we otta support them for they've done (especially if they are good PEOPLE).

Hope people learn there lesson, respect is huge.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
If he had played for the people running the Rams now. His answer might be different. Unfortunately he played for a group of people including ownership who were complete boneheads.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
If he had played for the people running the Rams now. His answer might be different. Unfortunately he played for a group of people including ownership who were complete boneheads.
Absolutely correct. In my mind it is a miracle the GSOT even occurred considering how bad the ownership and front office were, thank you DV for holding it all together.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I'm glad "most" of the fans here understand where he's coming from. The way he was treated after 2002 is a black mark on the Rams organization and it's fans IMO. A bad 7 game stretch and they were all ready to dump him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not shocking. The Rams are the ex-girlfriend that dumped him and talked trash about his manhood on the way out. The Cardinals are the ex-girlfriend that he opted to break up with but still remained friends with.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Name another QB that won a Super Bowl with only one team and says his allegiance is to another team.