Say it ain't so BQ...!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's true that we've missed on so many high draft picks, we may be at least 2nd place behind the Browns since 2002.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I'm pretty sure they didn't prove they were the smartest guy in the room. :D

The smartest guy in the room would have had common sense.

Arrogance and ignorance always sit close together. An arrogant person/player-pleaser (Jeff Fisher) cannot really know a lot,as there is so little room in their minds for ideas i.e. scouting department- they are so full of shit.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think it's true that we've missed on so many high draft picks, we may be at least 2nd place behind the Browns since 2002.

Since, 2002, yes. But in recent years not so much.

Chris Long, Robert Quinn, Michael Brockers, Tavon, Aaron Donald, TGII.

I still think Sam Bradford would've been a good QB if not for his injuries (as evidenced by his 2012 season that carried on in 2013). So yeah.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Fisher amplified the error in drafting Quick by not even being able to find a quality wr to replace him.

The guy should have been replaced years ago.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Quick didn't have a chance with the Rams. He was already extremely raw and deficient in football IQ. Couple that with offensive coaching staffs during his Rams career that were at best, very mediocre (when not downright awful), and the hole is dug even deeper. And then, putting him on a team without solid veterans to show him how to be a pro, and you've pretty much got a fail-safe recipe for producing a bust.

For Quick to even have had a chance at being a good pro, he needed to go to a team with an offensive-minded coaching staff, and a quality one at that, and one that had several good WR's in front of him that knew how to play the game at the pro level. Basically, he had to go to a perfect situation, and only then, maybe he could have developed into a solid WR. But as I noted above, he already had inherent deficiencies in terms of being raw and lacking in football knowledge, and bringing him to the Rams in 2012 virtually cemented his place as a bust.

Psycho_X

Legend
Every time I see the name Brian Quick and Redskins in the same sentence I smile.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Fisher amplified the error in drafting Quick by not even being able to find a quality wr to replace him.

The guy should have been replaced years ago.
Well they couldn't.

Remember that kept telling us, he's on the verge of a breakout.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Since, 2002, yes. But in recent years not so much.

Chris Long, Robert Quinn, Michael Brockers, Tavon, Aaron Donald, TGII.

I still think Sam Bradford would've been a good QB if not for his injuries (as evidenced by his 2012 season that carried on in 2013). So yeah.

I don't know about CL. We picked him 2nd overall to be Quinn pretty much, but he struggled early on and had to be moved to left end where it's easier. I like the guy but he ended up being an average starter. He wasnt bad but I wouldn't say we hit with that pick.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I don't know about CL. We picked him 2nd overall to be Quinn pretty much, but he struggled early on and had to be moved to left end where it's easier. I like the guy but he ended up being an average starter. He wasnt bad but I wouldn't say we hit with that pick.
Pretty happy with the return on investment, considering the other option in the running was Glenn Dorsey.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Pretty happy with the return on investment, considering the other option in the running was Glenn Dorsey.

Alternatively, it could've been Vernon Gholston. I think we nailed the Long pick, considering what was left. And before people say "Matt Ryan," we were paying Bulger a huge contract that prevented us from drafting another quarterback who would be paid a ton of money, due to the rookie contracts going up during that time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wasn't big on Jeffrey and still have my doubts. His pre-draft buzz at the time was that he ballooned up to like 250-260 and didn't look very committed.
He's had a couple good seasons, but factor in a suspension last year and some injury concerns, I'm not too high on his prospects.

Still would have been a better pick than Quick though.

Pre-draft buzz that proved to be demonstrably false. It was a few reporters guessing. He came into the Combine shortly after at 216 pounds. He's not had any weight issues during his NFL career.

He's been a consistently very good WR since he entered the NFL. I'm fine with people having their doubts about him deserving a monster contract, but if you still have doubts about him as a player based on your opinion of him as a prospect, you're in a lot of denial. ;)

Assuming Alshon continues to play like he has, I'd still love for the Rams to grab him next year if he hits FA again.