Say it ain't so BQ...!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-brian-quick-needs-to-perform-at-camp

• According to ESPN staff writer John Keim, Washington Redskins wide receiver Brian Quick “didn’t look great” at minicamp, and will need a strong training camp to earn a roster spot.
  • The sixth-year veteran played 697 snaps for the Los Angeles Rams in 2016 before signing with Washington in free agency. Although he saw a career high in both receptions (41) and yards (564), he achieved a PFF overall grade of just 53.0, which ranked 87th of 115 qualifying wide receivers.
  • Quick averaged 1.28 yards per route run in 2016, which ranked 60th of 96 wide receivers with at least 40 targets. He dropped 5 of his 46 catchable targets in 2016, for a drop rate of 10.87, which ranked 73rd.
Quick.png

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hard to believe considering that Britt took him under his wing and showed him how to be a pro.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
When a team, (The Rams) needed immediate help at wide receiver why would they, ( Fisher, Snead) take an admitted project?

Easily one of the dumbest football moves I ever saw in real time.

Especially when you consider Cordy Glenn and Alshon Jeffrey were there.

Ram65

Legend
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/brian-quick-9843/
Brian Quick signed a 1 year, $855,000 contract with the Washington Redskins, including a $80,000 signing bonus, $80,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $855,000. In 2017, Quick will earn a base salary of $775,000 and a signing bonus of $80,000, while carrying a cap hit of $695,000 and a dead cap value of $80,000.

It only cost the Redskins 80K too find out he isn't any good. He'll tease them with a flash catch or two in camp.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
When a team, (The Rams) needed immediate help at wide receiver why would they, ( Fisher, Snead) take an admitted project?

I would rank this among the biggest draft head scratchers I've seen as a Rams fan.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I would rank this among the biggest draft head scratchers I've seen as a Rams fan.
I would have to agree. Even more so than Trunk Candidate.
I'm sure some members, will add a few more that deserve to be in the running.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The Donnie Avery pick doesn't look so bad in comparison to my BQ

I wonder what Coach O would have to say about this - didn't he rock the Quicky avatar?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think most here believe he won't work out, due to his exceptionally slow grasp of the pro game. Trying to learn another offense has set the odds against him.

It really is a shame. I would like to see him at least be a solid contributer to a team. He's a likeable guy with a lot of talent.
Unfortunately for Quick. After 5 years of not getting it, I doubt it clicks for him over the next few weeks.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
One thing this staff puts a high priority on is "Football IQ." It's obvious Quick did not have that and was selected for his ceiling and not his floor. Similar to Robinson, now sometimes that works, but IMO, when you have a guy that produced at a high level like Alshon Jeffery, I would take that player over a Quick every time adding to the fact that Quick played at Appalachian State.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
It is like Fisher and Snead truly believed that if you take these athletic magical looking players that somehow it it would all come together in some Rudy moment or something.
Tavon Quick Robinson

Fisher truly envisioned himself being carried off the field by his players because they loved him so much.

Being a good hugger does not make you a good NFL football coach in the 21st century.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

The fact that a good OLT & a good deep threat wide out has been missing from this offense since 2012. Both could have been had.

The drafting of LT Glenn would have taken the desire of a OLT to be selected with #2 overall pick in 2014 very doubtfull & instead Snead might have had massive success with the likes of LB Khalil Mack or WR Odell Beckham instead of the disaster GRob. Could you imagine a drafting of both Mack & Donald?:banghead:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Yep, just not smart.
I would put Greg Robinson in the same category.
Under the circumstances not smart picks.

Last edited:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Well, now we know where @LACHAMP46 went, must have flown to DC to straighten Quick out!

I agree, especially with Alshon Jeffrey sitting there
I wasn't big on Jeffrey and still have my doubts. His pre-draft buzz at the time was that he ballooned up to like 250-260 and didn't look very committed.
He's had a couple good seasons, but factor in a suspension last year and some injury concerns, I'm not too high on his prospects.

Still would have been a better pick than Quick though.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-brian-quick-needs-to-perform-at-camp

• According to ESPN staff writer John Keim, Washington Redskins wide receiver Brian Quick “didn’t look great” at minicamp, and will need a strong training camp to earn a roster spot.
  • The sixth-year veteran played 697 snaps for the Los Angeles Rams in 2016 before signing with Washington in free agency. Although he saw a career high in both receptions (41) and yards (564), he achieved a PFF overall grade of just 53.0, which ranked 87th of 115 qualifying wide receivers.
  • Quick averaged 1.28 yards per route run in 2016, which ranked 60th of 96 wide receivers with at least 40 targets. He dropped 5 of his 46 catchable targets in 2016, for a drop rate of 10.87, which ranked 73rd.
Quick.png
I knew he wasn't that great, but only one year where he even made the average grade level!
It's going to be interesting to see IF he even makes the Team!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wasn't big on Jeffrey and still have my doubts. His pre-draft buzz at the time was that he ballooned up to like 250-260 and didn't look very committed.
He's had a couple good seasons, but factor in a suspension last year and some injury concerns, I'm not too high on his prospects.

Still would have been a better pick than Quick though.
Like him or not, he has 4,500 career yards to Quick 1,500 and 26td to Quick's 10
He basically amassed Quick's entire career in his 2nd season.
I guess part of the problem was hearing @jrry32 pumping up Alshon all year, then to be that close to getting him.... Ugggh

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Some were calling Cordy Glenn at 50/50 success / 50/50 bust possibility.

I gave Quick 10% chance of being a success just based on everything I knew of the situation.

To be successful you have to accept when success falls in your lap.
Two very strong late- first round players fall to you.

You have to accept the gift. :D

And they were both players of extreme need because Alshon Jeffrey was a great candidate for a strong number 2.
Glenn a 50-50 chance to have a solid career at minimum as a Guard with some Pro Bowls tossed in.

I guess Snead and Fisher were on that 50% of dumb people that thought that Glenn would be a bust. :D

What really bothered me was they never seemed to learn from their mistakes. They kept doing them over and over and over..and ...