Savard on local Tampa sports radio on Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tbux

Rookie
Steve Savard the STL play by play announcer was just on local Tampa sports talk discussing many things from Fisher to SJ to Sam.

Tampa radio - " here in Tampa we have serious concerns about whether or not Freeman is a franchise QB- obviously in STL you guys dont have that issue"

Savard- actually there is a faction in STl that has concerns- im not one of them. I think it stems from the fact he was the last class to get the big contract before the new rookie wage scale and because he got 50 mil guaranteed there are some that think he is the issue after ever loss"

Tampa guys sounded surprised by that.

Savard then says " I talked to Mike Martz who did the Buffalo game 2 weeks ago for about a half an hour about Sam and Mike is a guy who knows QBs as well as anyone for sure. Mike said "Sam has all the tools he looks for from a franchise QB- and as soon as Fisher gets him the rest of the pieces around him- and I know he will- Sam will be a perennial pro bowler"- then " I would LOVE to work with a guy like Sam- I see him progressing nicely despite still not having the tools he needs- once they get the oline right, and a few more weapons- watch out".

I just thought it was funny the local Tampa guys assumed everyone ini STL loved Sam because they think he is the real deal and simply needs more time in system and more support around him- which most do- but some in STL cant see this for some reason. nice interview.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Seems like most of the league still thinks that. I'm part of that majority as well. Easily a top 10 QB. Not sure if he's still the best in the division though. Need to watch more Wilson. And see how Wilson and Kap do next yr after teams have tape on those guys.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah,,, but isn't Tampa full of kooks ? :sly:

And Mad Mike,,, what does he know about QBs anyway ?

Nice perspective tbux. Good stuff.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Maybe it's just a nationwide thin.

Unless you're in Denver, every radio station called "The Fan" whines about their QB. Except Washington, where if your QB fumbles his way to a WR into the endzone...YOU HAZ HAIL!!!!

LMAO....."The Fan."