Sando Imagines Quarterback Johnny Manziel As A St. Louis Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Sando is Maziel homo... I don't care for much of his work. He's very wishy-washy about most everything.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
JMO but players like Manzeil and Bortles represent different organizational phylosophies, and I think ours falls in the Bortles "quadrant " if you will.
Certainly this leagues is ostensibly a QB driven league to the extent that if you stink at QB you aren't gonna go far, that said Bortles style of play depends on a more complete team ,reliable recs who get open ,an offensive line that gives the QB the time to deliver the ball etc.
On the other hand some teams are content to run a much higher percentage of the success /failure through the performance of one guy (Manzeil) .
We saw three teams (GB,Chi,StL) lose their more traditional QB's this year and the backups keep the team competitive because the team was built around a skill set that was similar although not as proficient.

When you play with smallish do everything guys like Manzeil or Vick or even RG the offense either has to change when he goes down or the guy behind him has to be similar , the drop off when the backup is similar is sure to be even more profound due to how much of the offense goes through the starter that when they do any success won't be because of a seemless transition, it will likely be because you adjusted the system.

So IMO teams that are desperate to make a quick jump go after the Vicks and Manzeils and RG's teams that really believe in the next man up way, go after guys like Bortles , injuries being such a huge part of this game,IMO Manzeil is just fools gold

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
BTW if we could get Manzeil in the 4th round and he was our third string QB I'd be delighted, cuz I'd only play his brand of footbal in a "what have ya got to lose" mindset and FWIW I think most orgs that would draft him as their starter are OF that mindset.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You know how it works. Flashy player, team that needs an injection of excitement... blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah and let's hope they keep that hype going so that someone ELSE decides the Rams don't deserve that shot of excitement as much as their team and they put together a package to get into the #2 slot.

I wish we were reading more stuff like this and that it was coming from respected guys, not guys like Sando. So maybe as the combine comes closer we will. We need guys like Brandt and Polian to start weighing in on this.

Blah blah blah and let's hope they keep that hype going so that someone ELSE decides the Rams don't deserve that shot of excitement as much as their team and they put together a package to get into the #2 slot.

I wish we were reading more stuff like this and that it was coming from respected guys, not guys like Sando. So maybe as the combine comes closer we will. We need guys like Brandt and Polian to start weighing in on this.

Maybe Snead needs to make a statement saying they are looking into the possibility just to add fuel to the fire. Of cause with Sam in complete knowledge that it's just to drive up the asking price.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Maybe Snead needs to make a statement saying they are looking into the possibility just to add fuel to the fire. Of cause with Sam in complete knowledge that it's just to drive up the asking price.

I won't be shocked if Snead meets with Manziel. Maybe in a "secret" location that gets leaked to the press so everyone finds out they are talking to him on the side and are interested.

I think it's going to be Minny or Tampa that makes the move and if I had to select one of those it would be Tampa.....no wait Minny.....no wait.......hell I dunno but I suspect one of those two will be putting a deal together with Snead and the Rams.

Speeps

Starter
The Johnny Manziel love is a good thing Rams fans. The more belief that there is two must have prospects at the top of the board, the better a trade becomes

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
You never know. What if the Rams pass on a guy like Manziel and he goes on to be GREAT somewhere else? You can't say anything until you see the player play in the NFL level. Every draft pick is a risk. Jake Matthews, Sammy Watkins, Johnny Manziel, Clowney... whoever the Rams draft... you don't know for sure any of them will work out.

lets not do the "what if" thing... Cause what if Bradford lights it up next year!!! :deadhorse:

A55VA6

Legend
lets not do the "what if" thing... Cause what if Bradford lights it up next year!!! :deadhorse:
Exactly though. It can go both ways. Never know what will happen until it happens.

And just a side note.. I'm not for drafting Manziel. I have 1 Rams jersey and it's a Sam Bradford jersey. I'm a believer in him. But I'm not opposed to drafting a QB. It's just interesting to think about some of these QB's coming to the Rams.

RFIP

Not 5'11" risky however.

As pointed out, no QB sub 6' has been drafted in 1st OR SECOND round since 1953.

I want to see who has the balls to buck that trend come May if midget-Manzeil does in fact, as most believe, is measured at 5'11" or less...

You never know. What if the Rams pass on a guy like Manziel and he goes on to be GREAT somewhere else? You can't say anything until you see the player play in the NFL level. Every draft pick is a risk. Jake Matthews, Sammy Watkins, Johnny Manziel, Clowney... whoever the Rams draft... you don't know for sure any of them will work out.