Sando Chat - Rams Questions Only

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sup Mike. Do you think Rams have what it takes to take over the division this year? Also do u think this is going to be a breakout season for Sam Bradford? Thanks.

Mike Sando (1:10 PM)
I don't think we can know how all the Rams' young talent is going to progress this season. The foundation is firming up. I do think Sam Bradford will take a step forward, but I am not quite ready to bet on a "breakout" season, which to me would mean one in which Bradford became [arguably] one of the five or 10 best quarterbacks around.

Todd (CA)
Hi Mike....Really appreciate the chat and your insights!! As a life long Ram fan I am really pleased w/ new regime & moves they are making. I think they've aced 2 drafts

Mike Sando (1:17 PM)
Thanks. Michael Brockers is going to be a beast, it appears. I think that is one player we're going to hear a lot more about in the future.

Paul (Palm Beach, FL)
The Rams are almost completely devoid of players drafted and signed by Devaney (many of which who were subsequently released by Spagnuolo). There's also a complete 180 in the philosophy and a 99% change in the staff. At what point do people in the media just call this what it is? It's a rebuild here in Earth City.

Mike Sando (1:25 PM)
I think that point was 2012. It was called a rebuild then. It has been widely acknowledged as a rebuild. Nine draft choices remain from the Steve Spagnuolo era: Austin Pettis, Sam Bradford, Jabara Williams, James Lauriniatis, Josh Hull, Rodger Saffold, Lance Kendricks, Eugene Sims and Robert Quinn.

Will (Tallahassee)
More likely to happen this season: a 1000 yard rusher or a receiver for the Rams?

Mike Sando (1:42 PM)
Receiver. I don't see any of those backs getting enough carries for 1,000 yards. Looks like a committee approach. I could see Chris Givens or Tavon Austin getting to 1,000 yards more easily. And who knows what might happen with Brian Quick?

Linda (St. Louis)
Mike, did you think the Rams would have been better served to take a different safety at their spot in the draft? McDonald seems athletic, but can he actually make plays? Maybe Shamarko Thomas would have been better?

Mike Sando (1:43 PM)
I learned a long time ago that it's tough to evaluate draft choices without studying the players. I don't pretend to be a scout. Seems to me Jeff Fisher would have a pretty good idea what he likes in a safety.

Sammy B (St. Louis)
Which offensive weapon do you see me relying the most on this season? GO RAMS

Mike Sando (1:44 PM)
My guess would be Tavon Austin, but we need to see him in that offense first. Initial reports suggest Austin is a bit of a gym rat, really in the film room, and of course the team will build

Jacob (Missouri)
Hey, Mike. Love the blog! Who will have the better season this year, the Rams' offense or their defense and why?

Mike Sando (1:46 PM)
Thanks. I'd probably lean toward the defense based on the pass-rush ability and the fact that there are more unknowns on offense. But those unknowns can become positive variables too. Just harder to predict right now. I like the Rams' front seven and think the CB position has great potential.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Tribe (Retodd's House)

CBS ranked the Seahawks' FO in front of the Niners. Before I write a very angry letter to CBS, could you help me understand the reasoning behind their decision.

Mike Sando (1:52 PM)

Tribe- Try to follow me here. You're a fucking useless tool.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
RamFan503 said:
Selassie I said:
Nice question by Paul in Palm Bch.
:bn: :bn: :bn:

LOL

That rebuild question is a real mother fucker in the wrong places. Glad Paul was able to get the conclusive answer finally. The truth can now set some very confused people free.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
Agreed. That dude sounds like he's as cool as the other side of the cucumber.

Or something.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
Selassie I said:

Or something.

If it was you... then the coolness was even more than you describe. Much more.
:sly:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
X said:
Selassie I said:

Or something.

If there's another Paul in Palm Beach who's a Rams fan, then I'd sure like to meet THAT guy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Selassie I said:
RamFan503 said:
Selassie I said:
:bn: :bn: :bn:

LOL

That rebuild question is a real mother fucker in the wrong places. Glad Paul was able to get the conclusive answer finally. The truth can now set some very confused people free.

Yeah that was an ugly topic in some places wasn't it.

:hehe:

But nothing changes some peoples minds you know.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Selassie I said:
X said:
Selassie I said:

Or something.

If there's another Paul in Palm Beach who's a Rams fan, then I'd sure like to meet THAT guy.

Just listen for a dude ordering White Russians.